• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Test your masking patience on the really small 1/144 Mave kit from Platz.

On the plus side it has full armament and Cartograph decals.

Yep, I pre-ordered it but geez it's so small...anyway it will be a nice training before I start the big one.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you TSP for the fresh news.

It just looks awesome. Release date might be pretty close.

The FELU-22 variation is a good surprise and I hope they have plan for the FRSX-99 RAFE version.

New colorful pictures of the Alter Mave Yukikaze and Flipknight system.

Softbank Wonfes Report

Very cool! I'll be all over both of those!

The text gives very little info about them. Just that the release date is sometime in 2011, and the prices are to be determined. No scale either, but it'll most likely be 1/100 and pre-painted, like Alter's Super Sylph.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cool, novel#2. I still have to read the first one.

Anyway, new test shot photos of Platz's new 1/144 FRX-00 Yukikaze on GA Graphic.

And yeah, it looks better than Bandai's 1/100 Ex Model.

GA Graphic

Edited by TSP

• 3 months later...

Thought you guys would appreciate these... 1/12th scale, 3.5 lb estimated AUW... Getting closer to flight-testing, but still a good few months out.

~Luke

WOW...

2w6rj9l.gif

Edited by anime52k8

Please find a way to make a mold of this model...even if it isn't perfect or has minor distortions that could be sorted out later. Might be just too long a wait before stereolith or rapid-3D printers ever generate something like it!

Kinda like the wait in years before Macross material actually started becoming available stateside[i KNOW!--I SURVIVED THE ENTIRE DARK AGE, BEREFT OF HOPE & LIGHT!!!!] :rolleyes:

wonderful work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know where to get another 1/72 Sylph kit? HLJ says backordered, yellow box, so I placed an order but not confident they will get one. Don't know if that SMS one is a reliable source since it is a recast afterall.

Chris

• 2 months later...

Has a release date for the Alter 1/100 Mave been announced? It seems like its pretty much finished from the previous pictures.

One year and one Wonderfest later, Alter showed some unpainted prototypes of the Mave and the Flip Knight this time. Whatever that means.

• 3 months later...

Ok I made it through the second book and still wonder if it is really badly written or my brain is too small to grasp the brilliance of it. The novel goes straight into the pitfall of SF literature and throws a metric shitload of exposition at the reader on every page. And most of it is delivered by the already underdeveloped characters, who also happen to reason about food and beaverages occasionally (no pineapple salad, though). The inter-military conspiracies deliver some suspense, but then again end up in endless exposition & dialogue. If the author feels he has discussed one aspect long enough, he draws another card from his hat, so that the reader never gets really involved with the story, but watches the narrator do his thing.

Now as much as I hate by-the-numbers storytelling, this one had benefitted from a tighter concept and better use of the somewhat interesting characters. In a bad light, it looks like an aircraft nerd's attempt to re-invent Solaris.

On the plus side, it has a (supposedly) interesting concept of conflict with the aliens, and some epic scenes like the prelude to the second entry into the Mysterious Battle Zone.

I think the flow is the book is off because it was originally written as a series of stories in a magazine and the excessive pontificating may be cultural but am stretching on that one.

I really like the books and the anime. I just ignore the Ray/Booker under tones of the anime which came from the comics but if you are going to make a disposable expeditionary force of convicts and social misfits that is the social dynamic and type of people you would get.

A group of out-casts that the powers that be don't like, the eta air force in the anime and more of a hinin air force of the books.

I think the flow is the book is off because it was originally written as a series of stories in a magazine and the excessive pontificating may be cultural but am stretching on that one.

I really like the books and the anime. I just ignore the Ray/Booker under tones of the anime which came from the comics but if you are going to make a disposable expeditionary force of convicts and social misfits that is the social dynamic and type of people you would get.

A group of out-casts that the powers that be don't like, the eta air force in the anime and more of a hinin air force of the books.

You see thats my problem with Yukikaze if the JAM where that much of a threat you wouldn't see the dregs and rejects sent to combat them, you would see the best spec ops the world had to throw at them.

Your best troops and special operations would be the opening of the conflict, push the JAM from the Earth and establish a foot hold on Fairy.

Yeah, the first years wouldn't happen but the world of Yukikaze we get, years later, is almost a static status quo meat grinder like trench warfare with no gains, excessive losses and no impact on Earth. Almost all of the population of the Earth is immune to the conflict.

On Fairy, it is the environment of quantity over quality and explains the Japanese Navy revulsion towards the SAF and restrictions imposed during the Mave test.

The SAF was special and had the best equipment, so that should garner more respect... also despite inter-service and national rivalries, soldiers and even more so pilots have a sense of brotherhood.

The treatment by the carrier crew was not how people assigned to observation/patrol duties would treat a crew that just came out the theater of conflict unless there is a serious resentment of the organization or the individuals.

That is one of the more interesting themes in Yukikaze about how Earth is not interested about Fairy as long as Earth remains unaffected... we have a great dumping ground for the socially unwanted either by race...Tomahawk, by behavior... the snowplow operator... or orientation ...the comic and anime version of Ray.

• 2 weeks later...