Thanks you guys! Yup, it was a lot of masking and steady hand brushing. It's not perfect but it's pretty darn close to what I could tell frm the ortho's that are available.

Electric Indigo, how's yours comming along? I love to see some more pics :)

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Somebody wanted a 1/100 Alter Mave?

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/013607/

Oh god! Finally some new shots of ALTER Mave. Their supersylph is just incredible and make me pray they will make the Mave too.

And here it is, with all the super cool options: missiles, laser canon, super jet engines.

Awesome. ^_^

When do they plan to release it?

Thank you mate for the link. B))

Edited by CAIN MKII

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who read the novel, there's an intersting comment about translation errors at the amazon page:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R393K0RSATEL9...=cm_cr_rdp_perm

I recommend the book to everybody who found the OVA at least mildly interesting. While there is the amount of weirdness you expect from japanese SF (topped by Rei's method of identifying a JAM in human form), it is more accessible than the animation, and fans of the Tom Clancy approach to introducing military hardware will love Kambayashi instantly.

IMO the novel and the animation compliment each other in a nice way, with the book giving you depth where the OVA left you puzzled, and Yamashta's and Takeuchi's aircraft designs fleshing out the hardware of Faery's outlandish Air Force. I also found it interesting to populate the story with the character designs from the animation, as Kombayashi's choice of characterzation is endless internal monologue, which doesn't give much life to the protagonists, making them plot puppets instead.

The nature of the conflict on Faery and the situation of the humans on their isolated base is made much clearer in the narration, which is broken up into self-contained episodes. Since the material screams "instant OVA", it makes you wonder what Gonzo tried to accomplish with their changes.

Oh and there are lots of really exciting dogfights.

Very nice! I really want to get another and paint it in a more traditional manner like that instead of the insaino version that I did on mine. Just can't get the money together for another one when there is too many other things to spend my money on :p

Chris

The base color is a 3:1:1 mix of Tamiya white:light grey:sky grey, the darker tone is 1:1:1.

I used gloss white to get a satin finish so I could apply the decals without having to gloss coat the kit. The decals are really excellent, super thin film and perfectly registered.

I'm tempted to use the same color scheme on the FA-27.