• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait to actually have these in my hands, I owned the FFR-31MR for years but never opened the box and ended up selling it MISB.

I do wish that they were just a tad larger, but the amount of detail and accessories help make up for that minor nitpick.

-b.

I passed on them the first time around due to the scale and price, and grew to regret it too. I'm very excited for these now and the shouldn't be too small either as they are fairly large aircraft particularly the FFR-31MR.

Life would be complete if the would make a FFR-31 Sylphid as well.

Chris

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just brought the anime legends dvd complete collection and going to watch it. then my pre-orders will make sense and justify itself.

I passed on them the first time around due to the scale and price, and grew to regret it too. I'm very excited for these now and the shouldn't be too small either as they are fairly large aircraft particularly the FFR-31MR.

Life would be complete if the would make a FFR-31 Sylphid as well.

Chris

Don't get me wrong, they're a decent enough size that you can appreciate the details and the aircraft, but my lasting impression when admiring thru the box was "dang, that's a small scale completed model". But then again, I could also be spoiled by the size of our various Valkyries.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just finished watching the first 3 episodes. interesting story. sorta reminds me of mospeada. but i guess i need to finish it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

You're (3) episodes ahead of me, I just like the planes. B))

-b.

haha it's pretty good... at least when watching 1am in the morning. i fell asleep at 3 so going to finish the rest tonight.

update just finished watching the whole thing.

it's like mac zero...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 months later...

So any idea/indication of when the Alter 1/100 rereleases will be coming out? Where the initial releases delayed? I'm just very excited to get these little beauties.

Chris

So any idea/indication of when the Alter 1/100 rereleases will be coming out? Where the initial releases delayed? I'm just very excited to get these little beauties.

Chris

I thought I saw somewhere stating 8/31.

Sorry, and no offense to Dobber or anyone else chomping at the bit to get these. But Alter please DELAY THESE THINGS AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. :p

Too much stuff on pre-order. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My eyes are definitely bigger than my wallet.

-b.

Sorry, and no offense to Dobber or anyone else chomping at the bit to get these. But Alter please DELAY THESE THINGS AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. :p

Too much stuff on pre-order. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My eyes are definitely bigger than my wallet.

-b.

I feel your pain brother!

I sold a bunch of stuff over the summer and have nice tidy PayPal balance waiting to pay for these things! Lol!

Chris

I feel your pain brother!

I sold a bunch of stuff over the summer and have nice tidy PayPal balance waiting to pay for these things! Lol!

Chris

Well, it looks like we'll be waiting a bit longer. I just got an email from AmiAmi stating the release date has changed. They show as "Late 2014" now.

-b.

Endless waits are actually an essential part of the franchise...

Ha ha no kidding! I remember the LONG wait for the Platz 1/72 Sylphid kit! ......shudders.....

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone heard of a release date for the Alter Mave Yukikaze rerelease? The FFR-31 released only a month late but the Mave keeps getting later and later.

Chris

Nope, Hobby Search has it listed for a November release while AmiAmi still states late 2014 (also surprised that the FFR-31 is still available).

-b.

• 5 weeks later...

They're really cool looking but for $100-$120 I was expecting more.... Or bigger or something. Its hard to stomach when you can pay $20 more and get a PT VF-25

However, the attention to detail these models have, just about blows away any Valkyrie toy. I wish there was a maker out there that threw out the transformation feature and offered fighter mode Valkyries with the level of detail found in these Alter models.

However, the attention to detail these models have, just about blows away any Valkyrie toy. I wish there was a maker out there that threw out the transformation feature and offered fighter mode Valkyries with the level of detail found in these Alter models.

Agreed. These things are amazingly detailed...and this is comming from an experienced model builder.

Chris