Macross Concert in September

Shawn

Sigh....another concert I'll be missing since I'm all the way across the pond here in the US. Tochiro you better get some good pics and post them here my friend.

I can't read Japanese. Who will be performing? Hopefully they'll release a Bluray this time.

On 7/4/2017 at 11:51 AM, isamu said:

Sigh....another concert I'll be missing since I'm all the way across the pond here in the US. Tochiro you better get some good pics and post them here my friend.

I can't read Japanese. Who will be performing? Hopefully they'll release a Bluray this time.

Here is an English translation courtesy of Google Translate, so the usual caveat applies there...

Concert Day: Sunday, September 17, 2017 16:00 Opening 17 
: 00 Venue : Tokyo International Forum Hall A 
Conductor: Satoshi Uengaki 
Orchestra: Tokyo City Philharmonic Orchestra 
Cast: Masayoshi Iijima (Lin Min-Mei) and more ... 
Ticket: All seats designated 9, 
500 yen (tax included) ※ pre-schoolchildren can not enter 
※ Casts etc are subject to change without notice. 
Inquiries In advance : Hot Stuff · Promotion 03-5720-9999 (Weekday 12: 00 ~ 18: 00) 
Ticket: 
· Soul in fan club + Prior reception (lottery system) June 13, 2017 (Tuesday ) 18: 00 ~ Schedule 
· Official portal site (macross.jp) Precede reception (lottery system) July 4, 2017 (Tue) 18: 00 ~ Scheduled 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This mail was sent to my computer this morning. It says the tickets will started being sold 10 am tomorrow.

If you have not bought it, it would be the chance to get.

599681a4bbf96_.jpg.2813132dd671061c3dd87ade2774cf0b.jpg

IMO, to gather 5,000 audience is hard for the anime aired 35 years ago...

https://www.t-i-forum.co.jp/en/facilities/a/

I wonder if they will record it? Would love to hear a cd from the event.

I SOOO want to go to this, the music in Macross is just incredible. Listen to the soundtracks all the time at work on my headphones, makes it very easy to concentrate.

• 4 weeks later...

Never mind it appears to be working now thanks. I hope you guys continue to keep these podcasts archived because I've never listened to them before, but will start as soon as I catch up with a couple more podcasts I'm listening to(sometime early next year). 90+ episodes is a lot of Macross discussion and I can't wait to catch up! :)