Star Wars: Forces of Destiny Disney XD Animated Series

The impression I get from this trailer is that Disney is desperate to grow the young female demographic side of the Star Wars fan base; that was a slobbering girl power trip... not a single male protagonist in evidence?  Really?... Annoyingly pandering.  Also, several canon violating, or at least -- bending, portions in there (tortured elaborations of moments/events from within existing events in canon, perhaps?).  I'm also getting a little tired of this particular animation style.

That being said, Star Wars has always had capable and interesting female characters in every one of its incarnations, and I'm too much of a SW fan not to check it out... More Asoka is always a good thing, and if this series does focus on female-centric themes and story lines, I hope they'll revisit Asajj Ventress to expand upon what befell her post Clone Wars.

And yes, the immolation by Dragon fire after the trailer was hilariously incongruous.

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

For a company known for their animation that is raking in $$$ for Star Wars there is no excuse for this weak animation.

They have been limiting their animation dollars to their return for decades.  They must think this one is not going to bring in much money.

That one was actually pretty good. Nice tie in to the previous episode and it also kind of made sense that Tito would come back seeing as how he was the first person to find BB-8 and Rey essentially stole him. 

Chris

In before the SJWs accuse the haters for being misogynists.

If these are 5 minute shorts on Youtube, I may watch them, but the animation style blows and it doesn't look like something I'd want to invest a lot of time into.  

If it was done in the style of Star Wars Rebels or something, I'd definitely watch it.