VF-1 Riders?

kajnrig

What is/are it/they? A Macross modeling club? I remember someone on here mentioning being part of it...?

I saw pictures of their/his/her/whatever stuff at Shizuoka, and the "YF-19-3 <kanji><kanji>(Block 2)" immediately caught my eye. I saw in another picture it was labeled "YF-19-3 Ariel Club" and "VF-19 Ariel Club." Anyone know what that's about? The girl decal looked to me a bit like Sharon Apple.

18739276_1586970878041804_8278578178484577658_o.thumb.jpg.6843e1081c3ea8d3d169fb99a2611d2d.jpg

I think they are a modeling club based out of Japan. 

Isn't that from this book? Something about the control system? Sorry don't know too much about it other than it looks beautiful and someone did a DX VF-19 in that scheme.

maxresdefault.jpg

macross-variable-fighter-episode-archives-vol-1-14.gif

Oh, okay. Thanks so much. Yeah, it sure is a beauty. I wanted to find out as much about it as I could the moment I laid eyes on it.

I seem to recall a member on here did a build (or three or a hundred) for VF-1 Riders; they mentioned being rushed for time because they had to get it to the convention and set up. I forget who, but oh well. Thanks again.

9 hours ago, wmkjr said:

I think they are a modeling club based out of Japan. 

Isn't that from this book? Something about the control system? Sorry don't know too much about it other than it looks beautiful and someone did a DX VF-19 in that scheme.

That build looks so awesome !. If I'm right, on VF Episodes Archive Vol. 1, that bird was the testbed for the Ariel II AI FCS, later introduced on the VF-25.

on page 2

On 3/21/2016 at 4:27 PM, Jefuemon said:

Total forum necromancy here, but just wanted to say that I'll be a member of the VF-1 Riders for a day! Just reserved my flight and hotel to go to the Shizuoka Hobby Show this year. Since I've got work on Monday, I'm only going to be able to participate on Saturday, May 14th. I plan on taking plenty of photos!

Now, the main question is which kits to bring.....

I don't think Jefuemon is active on here anymore.  He left this...

I said on a different post that I've never met the guy but he seemed like a cool dude... sad that it doesn't look like he'll be contributing on here anymore, but he has his reasons and he left a way to get in touch with him.

4 hours ago, chyll2 said:

on page 2

You da real mvp.

9 minutes ago, vincemoto7 said:

I don't think Jefuemon is active on here anymore.  He left this...

I said on a different post that I've never met the guy but he seemed like a cool dude... sad that it doesn't look like he'll be contributing on here anymore, but he has his reasons and he left a way to get in touch with him.

Dang, I didn't realize that. I wondered why his last post was back in December.