21 hours ago, coronadlux said:

So the bonus figure "Blows" lol. See what I did there?

That's awesome. The figure is in scale, and from Exo?

Yes and yes!

Just a heads-up guys: the order window will stay open until Friday night, so any last-minute stragglershave a couple of days left.

Casting is nearing completion. Soonly, people will have crabs! :ph34r:

IMG_0515.JPG

On 6/15/2017 at 4:41 AM, captain america said:

Yes and yes!

Just a heads-up guys: the order window will stay open until Friday night, so any last-minute stragglershave a couple of days left.

Casting is nearing completion. Soonly, people will have crabs! :ph34r:

IMG_0515.JPG

succumbed to "crab mentality".  my first gen crabs are telling me they need more brothers. 

how many more are available for order, cap?

2 hours ago, captain america said:

I'd at least want to wait until the Pinkies have been received by their new owners.

From a marketing perspective, this makes the most sense.  First-time customers like myself will likely want a Moscato kit in-hand (for a clearer idea of the quality of the product, the time-frame involved, and the work required to construct and paint) before shelling out considerably more money for the next one...

2 hours ago, tekering said:

From a marketing perspective, this makes the most sense.  First-time customers like myself will likely want a Moscato kit in-hand (for a clearer idea of the quality of the product, the time-frame involved, and the work required to construct and paint) before shelling out considerably more money for the next one...

After receiving your kit from the Captain you'll want to throw money at him for the rest;)

38 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

After receiving your kit from the Captain you'll want to throw money at him for the rest;)

This...and the King Crab and the Enforcer or whatever they called it in Mospeada are much more impressive and have real shelf presence!  They are my hands down favorites. John does an absolutely wonderful job with the complex curves and lines of these mecha. 

9 hours ago, tekering said:

Great!  I've been meaning to reproduce this shot:

horde.thumb.jpg.210580705700ff7ab64c41131d5c0689.jpg

I'll take 'em all.  :p

And with a comparable  number of Regults you can do a diorama of the ground battle for the Hive from the G. Vincent Ashes of Empire fan fic. (yeah I know that's RT but it would still be cool^_^)

20 hours ago, Podtastic said:

And with a comparable  number of Regults you can do a diorama of the ground battle for the Hive from the G. Vincent Ashes of Empire fan fic. (yeah I know that's RT but it would still be cool^_^)

Invid vs Zentradi are all I really wanted from Robotech RPG Tactics. 

1 hour ago, captain america said:

The Blowsperiors are on their way to me. My apologies for the shipping delay for all those of you waiting patiently for your kits.

I've waited this long to own one of your kits, I can wait a bit longer. captain america + EXO, it's worth the wait! B))

Good news, everyone!!

The Mini-Me's have arrived and I've begun shipping! A huge thanks to Neptunesurvey and Exo for their contributions to the Space Crab revival! I've included a couple images of the Blowsperior figures, which are simply gorgeous! I also took a comparison pic with my 1/48 Legioss cockpit to show what a properly scaled mecha/figure looks like. 

Also, I will launch the King Crabb revival project on Monday. I understand that some of you who are new to my kits will want to wait and evaluate my work on the Pinky before investing further, which is very sensible. Not to worry, I will leave the order window open a little bit longer this time around. On that note, I'd like to wish you all an excellent weekend. ^_^

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

6 hours ago, captain america said:

I've included a couple images of the Blowsperior figures, which are simply gorgeous! I also took a comparison pic with my 1/48 Legioss cockpit to show what a properly scaled mecha/figure looks like.

Spectacular!  :wub:

Incidentally, is your properly-scaled 1:48 Legioss to scale with your 1:48 Invid kits?  In other words, did you significantly upscale the Crabs as well, or is their scale based on the official anime stats?

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Spectacular!  :wub:

Incidentally, is your properly-scaled 1:48 Legioss to scale with your 1:48 Invid kits?  In other words, did you significantly upscale the Crabs as well, or is their scale based on the official anime stats?

It's a mixed-bag: the Gosu had to be upscaled by virtue of the fact that it too has to house a human-sized pilot, so it's very close to the height of a Legioss--as it should be. The other crabs are a little larger than spec, but just marginally. If you look at the "Crab family" pics earlier in the thread, you can see how they al relate to each other.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Pinky arrived this morning... and immediately, I set to work assembling him.

A pin vice and a Dremel made it easy to drill holes to accommodate Revoltech joints:

revoltech.thumb.jpg.efcf35a4b1ec7587ccb189dba08ce768.jpg

These parts provided a secure means of connecting the various joints together, so the figure could stand unassisted.

assembled.thumb.jpg.0ed4d0e7c5e96309b3a17d329bc141ea.jpg

They also provide a great deal of articulation!  :)

articulated.thumb.jpg.b4d2062ec4dbde30d05a4fab13305937.jpg

Pinky can even be posed in flight, provided an appropriate stand is available.

flight-capable.thumb.jpg.484c2b4d1ff34e9957a3bb842a1c772b.jpg

I've still got to attach the guns, before I go about disassembling and painting him...  Pinky should keep me busy for the next week at least.

Bring on the King Crab, Cap'n!  :D