thought i'd add this for the benefit of fellow MWer "Major Tom" who was kind enough to sell me this doll, despite his desire to hold onto her.

substituted the original TAKARA JENNY doll body for a vastly superior 27cm. OBITSU brand body, and modified the metal mic to match the look of the one with my CM's figure...

LunnMinmay11inTAKARA-YELLOWSUB7-11-132_z

Edited by Shaorin

With the flight pose stands arriving I was finally able to setup my DYRL shelves. Next is the Macross Frontier shelves. And before anyone freaks out, yes that window has been tinted.

20130721_202253_LLS.jpg

20130721_202714_LLS.jpg

20130721_202733_LLS.jpg

Edited by plastik

Awesome awesome awesome!!

Do you have VF-1S Max with no strike packs because technically, we never saw him use them in DYRL?

That's the reason mine does not have strike packs on. I put them on initially,but it felt wrong to me so I took them back off.

Edited by Loop

Awesome awesome awesome!!

Do you have VF-1S Max with no strike packs because technically, we never saw him use them in DYRL?

yep that's why I don't have Max with strike packs. It was a tough decision because I have Super and Strike packs on all of them but I wanted to keep it legit.

Nice set up there, plastik! Here's hoping Arcadia would wanna re-issue the CF and the T-hawk since I did not have a chance to pick those up.

I'm hoping they re-issue a VE-1

Edited by plastik

I've always wanted to start a collection but had been putting it off for years. WHY didn't I start earlier! For the past two months I've frantically tried to find what I can get after hearing Yamato's gone! I managed to get the full TV Vermillion team, was deciding between that or the DYRL Vermillion team. The deciding factor was that Kakizaki was basically cheap everywhere and I found a Max locally. Got lucky with a cheap 1D at a local flea market, but sadly has a crack on each of the shoulder hinge. For now, I can say I'm officially sick of VF-1's. So here ya go!

My favourite mode of all time, Gerwalk w/o hands

20130725_225331.jpg

20130725_230554.jpg

20130724_204945.jpg

I still have a 1/60 YF-19 and an incomplete 1/48 Max, but I've kept them since I'm selling them away. Might probably sell off my Hikaru 1S since he doesn't really fit with my 'pearly whites' and I've pre-ordered arcadia's Roy. I'm thinking of getting Gamlin's VF-22s or his VF-17s next though, as I'm tired of buying VF-1 recolours for now. So on with something new!

Sure I'll post more soon, just that I'm not finished with it yet. Need to clean up some oversprays and apply details.

I only masked and painted the non white areas. I used Mr Resin Primer (the only primer i had that time at home) painted the orange with tamiya spray can and then airbrushed the dark, dark blue(almost black). Then topped it off with Mr Super clear after applying decals. Still its not scratch proof, I've got scratches at the sliding part of the fuselage.

I've always wanted to start a collection but had been putting it off for years. WHY didn't I start earlier!

on the whole, you should be thankful you did wait. you missed out on a lot of defective, generally crappy (YMMV) VF-1 renditions,

dodging plenty of flying lead in the process. you might have gotten on board just a wee bit late,

but still on time for the very best variable VF-1 depiction ever rendered in physical form... (also YMMV)

also, how much might you be willing to let that Hikaru -1S DYRL go for?

Edited by Shaorin

Did some re-arranging with my set-up.

Decided to move all my boxes from the bottom shelfs to my closet,

gotta make more room for my upcoming T.V. Collection and I think it looks less cluttered over all.

post-15185-0-96378800-1375060319_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-16517200-1375060354_thumb.jpg

Looks great - 'less cluttered' is a good thing.

I like the idea of the window providing back lighting to the whole case, but I fear that even a little sunlight might be bad for those white-white TV valks over time. Maybe the pulled shade will be enough protection...

Finally caved and purchased a VF-17S. I am loving it far, far, far more than I thought I would. Here's my tiny Macross 7 display:

Image00003_zpsb7bb3227.jpg

...and here's how it fits into the larger context of my current TV set-up:

Image00004_zps7c4c807d.jpg

Edited by Actar