Jump to content

Macross Collection Display Thread


KiriK

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Ryoma said:

Although it's a toy that was released more than 20 years ago i actually still like the VF-11 in the 1/72 scale. I still have two in their boxes. I think it was the best M+ model among the first yamato releases. And it's actually panel lined. Pretty absurd if we think how much we pay for panel lining on the new toys these days.

You’re right about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, badboy00z said:

Is there a general consensus on what's the best lighting for detolfs?

Also do you guys put more than one 1/60 scale Valk on the same shelf in dynamic poses? 

I went with Luke Light and got a V-Shape bracket and diffuser. It worked pretty well but you'll end up paying more for lighting than the detolf itself. There isn't a whole lot of room in a Detolf to have your figures in dynamic poses but you might be able to to make it work with acrylic risers and flight stands.

 

IMG_2081.JPG.b61849ed8e88d1f60f62fe599940543c.JPGIMG_2082.JPG.a73e627c0fa9900dc7e480af323de6ef.JPGIMG_2083.JPG.1409f457462df7be98ee2647fbaeb8f4.JPGIMG_2084.JPG.bd4478d65c7cc3d19b0cff116b81f0b3.JPGIMG_2085.JPG.c958e999df49b803eb1c5c61722c1dfe.JPGIMG_2086.JPG.beaea5c4a340c16a29ffb117b52062fe.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Give me a few weeks and I'll have a new display in my new house. Waiting on paint and new carpet. I'm super stoked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2022 at 10:42 PM, Benson13 said:

Give me a few weeks and I'll have a new display in my new house. Waiting on paint and new carpet. I'm super stoked.

Aside from paying for it and moving I would love a new house!:D

I'd really like to have a space that could double as a toy room/theater.:wub: Or just a bigger toy room would work too.:good: I'm at my space limit and then some.

Enjoy the new digs!

Edited by sqidd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Most of my modest valk collection gathered in one spot. 

1546645365_valkcollection001.jpg.cd863a3bc9e73e4f0421ed9754b82c34.jpg

367888475_valkcollection002.jpg.b84483a232df26ce36bab9a1d561a403.jpg

1893834381_valkcollection003.jpg.be621da4cc3329f7520723408105e4b4.jpg

169ish Valks? Yikes!

Quick count I have 95ish 1/48-1/60 Valks. I don't like to display very densely, but it took 80cu ft of cabinet to get them all out of the boxes and displayed. I could display all of yours if I got rid of my Super Robots (not going to happen!).

Do you have a room big enough to get all of your stuff out and on display?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, sqidd said:

169ish Valks? Yikes!

Quick count I have 95ish 1/48-1/60 Valks. I don't like to display very densely, but it took 80cu ft of cabinet to get them all out of the boxes and displayed. I could display all of yours if I got rid of my Super Robots (not going to happen!).

Do you have a room big enough to get all of your stuff out and on display?

And how many have white landing gears? 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Most of my modest valk collection gathered in one spot. 

1546645365_valkcollection001.jpg.cd863a3bc9e73e4f0421ed9754b82c34.jpg

367888475_valkcollection002.jpg.b84483a232df26ce36bab9a1d561a403.jpg

 

That's actually pretty relieving to see that many valks can take up such little space. Should help me out a lot when I store my boxes like that instead of inside other boxes. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Slave IV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a fantastic collection Lolicon.

Paint just got finished in my new office. Next week is the carpet and installing all the lights in the Detolfs. I'll see if I can get a pic of everything I'm stuffing in my display room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...