Jump to content

Macross Collection Display Thread


KiriK

Recommended Posts

I love these displays! Good Job! I've been looking at mine but it's soo full it's a bit embarrassing. Everything in it 'Sparks Joy' and I can get rid of anything. I need more display space. And another room.. probably a bigger house..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I love these displays! Good Job! I've been looking at mine but it's soo full it's a bit embarrassing. Everything in it 'Sparks Joy' and I can get rid of anything. I need more display space. And another room.. probably a bigger house..

Haha, I totally get you in this! I can’t get rid of anything because It all sparks joy:lol:

I ended up going the with the bigger house route but it’s still not enough and I need to put up multiple storage spaces.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Just finished the lights on this display. I have to tackle three more and then can post more.

CC3AF0AB-A09F-4AFE-8DC5-7F2CF2C4EC66.jpeg

 

SDF-1 baller status!

And get a YetiStand under that Hikaru! That black one makes my OCD hurt!:p

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

So I asked everyone to share but I've been too ashamed to show my display. Here's my bedroom that I subject my wife to. Trying hard not to have it creep into the living room but I think it's inevitable haha.

IMG_0713.thumb.JPG.44a8622a790733bf44d32468026edb5d.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

What part are you ashamed of? That you couldn’t fit more in there?:D

Edited by Slave IV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't like how it's super dense and that I have stuff in boxes that I can't display because I don't know where to put it. I want everything out to look at and enjoy but I can't make myself put anything away to add some focus and class to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

I don't like how it's super dense and that I have stuff in boxes that I can't display because I don't know where to put it. I want everything out to look at and enjoy but I can't make myself put anything away to add some focus and class to it.

Overall, it looks good but you do have the whole, bunch of highly articulated figures just standing straight thing going on that I dislike. 

Your overall problem is a problem a lot of us have. I’m so deep in stuff, my entire hobby room and garage is full of boxes and I can’t see anything on display except the one shelf I shared above. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Project: SG - DIY display glass cabinet

 

Hi guys, Greetings from Singapore!

 

Instead of buying straight display cabinet from local vendor, I like to do DIY. So, bought most of the material from online. :D

 

Here's the preview of my display cabinet, DIY myself (just like the feeling building your own scale models). It's cheaper, yet enjoy while building it.

 

There's still quite number of improvement, such as lighting and laying cables while building it. The gap of the glass is narrow to its minimum. Still, I need to find time to pose/display my Valks.

Finally, Stay safe# and enjoy, guys!;)

Note: Wash your hand before and after touching it.:p

PhotoGrid_1585463347374.jpg.3a68f8d55068fc751bec271a73f6a160.jpg

PhotoGrid_1585463223327.jpg

Edited by VF22fan
Some typo errors. Sorry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, VF22fan said:

Project: SG - DIY display glass cabinet

 

Hi guys, Greetings from Singapore!

 

Instead of buying straight display cabinet from local vendor, I like to do DIY. So, bought most of the material from online. :D

 

Here's the preview of my display cabinet, DIY myself (just like the feeling building your own scale models). It's cheaper, yet enjoy while building it.

 

There's still quite number of improvement, such as lighting and laying cables while building it. The gap of the glass is narrow to its minimum. Still, I need to find time to pose/display my Valks.

Finally, Stay safe# and enjoy, guys!;)

Note: Wash your hand before and after touching it.:p

 

PhotoGrid_1585463223327.jpg

Amazing DIY display cabinet!

Care to post a tutorial so us less handy folk could build our own? :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Amazing DIY display cabinet!

Care to post a tutorial so us less handy folk could build our own? :rolleyes:

Yes, due to busy schedule, I will write details whenever I have time. Hahahaha.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, VF22fan said:

Project: SG - DIY display glass cabinet

 

Hi guys, Greetings from Singapore!

 

Instead of buying straight display cabinet from local vendor, I like to do DIY. So, bought most of the material from online. :D

 

Here's the preview of my display cabinet, DIY myself (just like the feeling building your own scale models). It's cheaper, yet enjoy while building it.

 

There's still quite number of improvement, such as lighting and laying cables while building it. The gap of the glass is narrow to its minimum. Still, I need to find time to pose/display my Valks.

Finally, Stay safe# and enjoy, guys!;)

Note: Wash your hand before and after touching it.:p

PhotoGrid_1585463347374.jpg.3a68f8d55068fc751bec271a73f6a160.jpg

PhotoGrid_1585463223327.jpg

Looks great!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Sweet displays and collections everyone!  @DYRL VF-1S love the lights in your detolf!

Thanks man! I got them here for a decent price. Led Strip Lights Waterproof 16.4ft 5m Flexible Color Changing RGB SMD 5050 150leds LED Strip Light Kit with 44 Keys IR Remote Controller and 12V Power Supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DWWMY8J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BolGEbD62N577
 

1 quantity covers an entire Detolf with a some slack leftover. You can cut the slack too. Great for the price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First 2 are mainly macross and Star Wars. Last pics what’s left in the room after tearing through all of it trying to organize things in groups. Prob only half way done. A lot of transformers, gundam, miscellaneous toys left to figure out what to do with. 

A404E590-78C2-47C9-898E-ED0E11EBC897.jpeg

EEF16C7B-A2AB-452B-8B63-009EE549218D.jpeg

F3CE9AC2-B624-4BBD-A664-88A8F63EAA6E.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

What’s bad humidity to store toys in the basement. My little reader  60%. I might get a dehumidifier for down there. 

Yeah, I'd run a dehumidifier down there, especially during the more humid months,  You might also want to consider either covering them in plastic, like a tarp or something, or getting some moisture resistant storage containers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 10:57 PM, Grey728 said:

So I asked everyone to share but I've been too ashamed to show my display. Here's my bedroom that I subject my wife to. Trying hard not to have it creep into the living room but I think it's inevitable haha.

IMG_0713.thumb.JPG.44a8622a790733bf44d32468026edb5d.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

I mean holy crap!  I have a small sampling of every shelf here.  This basically contains a who's who of modern toy collecting.  I could only wish I had this much.  That said, I'm eminently satisfied with my small sampling, given what it is.  But wow, this is just a great collection.  An obvious devotion to the craft.  Well done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Ever since I got married and moved into a different home about 10 years ago, I lost touch with Macross World and haven't posted in awhile. I was active during the 1/48 Yamato days, so that's pretty much what I have ... and it seems a lot have changed since then (Yamato is gone, Arcadia's focus on 1/60 scale, and I recently discovered Bandai's DX VF-1s just last week). Well ... Shelter in Place has finally given me time to retrieve my old display case from storage and unpack my old Macross Collection. My most recent purchases have been the 1/3000 SDF-1 and I just received the Bandai VF-1A Max yesterday. That Bandai DX is really awesome ... so I think I'm coming back at a good time! I'm now just waiting for Roy's VF-1S to be release from Bandai (so I can get rid of the roy "place holder" that's currently in the display case). :D

Enjoy the pics.

IMG_6061.jpg

IMG_6088.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, dafunguy said:

Ever since I got married and moved into a different home about 10 years ago, I lost touch with Macross World and haven't posted in awhile. I was active during the 1/48 Yamato days, so that's pretty much what I have ... and it seems a lot have changed since then (Yamato is gone, Arcadia's focus on 1/60 scale, and I recently discovered Bandai's DX VF-1s just last week). Well ... Shelter in Place has finally given me time to retrieve my old display case from storage and unpack my old Macross Collection. My most recent purchases have been the 1/3000 SDF-1 and I just received the Bandai VF-1A Max yesterday. That Bandai DX is really awesome ... so I think I'm coming back at a good time! I'm now just waiting for Roy's VF-1S to be release from Bandai (so I can get rid of the roy "place holder" that's currently in the display case). :D

Enjoy the pics.

IMG_6061.jpg

IMG_6088.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

Nice! I see you have a Thunder Hummer Armor kit of some sort too? Sweet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...