Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

Thanks man.. I appreciate the kind words...too bad I can't make it to Con this year. So I'm just going to have one here lol...wife had me clean the floors in that room since there was a lot of things I was moving around. Finally got to it. So took a snap photo. Still trying to find display stands I can put at the end over there and find room to hang them posters. I was actually at Ikea last week looking at just shelves to probably put the mospeada stuff on. I need to find like a wall display that is small enough to fit all the CMS and small figures such as the revoltech stuff so that the shelves in the main display don't look too cluttered.

Next month I am going back to Florida to get my stuff. I have been living in Chicago for the past year with only 2% of my overall possessions. Can't wait to post new updated pics of my collection when I get it all up here.

Still trying to convince the wife to allow me to display the hot toys stuff in the living room since "they are real life movie toys that are more off the display items and not toys " she's slowly budging. Tumbler and bat pod out in the living room. If she agrees I can move the hot toys to the living room and then the gundams and bishoujo figures go into the office/crafts/guest room and that will leave me open for one more cabinet for macross stuff. Then balance will be returned to the force.....pure macross room.

Yeah that will never happen, a few things can move but i can't overwhelm the room. Back in florida I had my own two bedroom apartment, and MOST of my stuff filled up one room alone, then migrated to the dinning room with my PG gundams, Ultimate Lego Millenium Falcon, and some smaller things. Now that I share an apartment again and a much smaller one at that most of my stuff will stay in storage as it has been for the past two years. Then again I don't mind since i live in Chicago now and not Orlando which mostly sucked. But when I get back into the film industry next year we plan on getting a much bigger spot and she knows eventually I need my own room again. Hell the last spot which I moved in with her I started to over run her place with MG models and TF classics figs. I have a true toy addiction as most of us do.

Thanks for the watch It was fun and as it being TV they cut a lot out and rewrite the show in post. I used to to promote Power Morphicon and Robo Toy Fest . they cut out those parts totally. At least there are some good shots of the collection in it .

Next Robo Toy Fest Dec 16th Pasadena Convnetion Center new bigger location free addmission . Buy Sell Trade bring your own stuff dont need to buy a table wheel around a cart I dont care. I just want these shows to be good ! Spread the work and see you at Macross World .

Robotoyfest.com

We finally got to see the "No More Arigato, Mr. Roboto" episode. I love that they showed some of the rare valks like the Chunky Monkey VT and VE. He also mentioned the importance from left to right of his collection as he came in the door, and Macross/Robotech was right there. I paused it to browse, and pretty much have all of the SDF Macross and Mospeada stuff he has except the VT and VE....want.

The shrink thing pissed me off as well, because after all, "I'm perfectly sane in my own insanity." I collect robot toys/models to have fun as a hobby, while posting and sharing pics with you guys as fellow fans of the series, sharing in a common interest...and as an investment for later life. I collect robots instead of getting falling-down drunk, shooting up drugs, or going to the Flight Club and stuffing dollar bills in something I can't have. Or, if you can, how many others have too? We watch Hoarders as well, and yes, the storage areas can get crowded (going Dig Dug (haha)), but the similarities stop there. The collection is dusty, but the house isn't trashed. I would have to say that most collectors of our kind are Class One with Class Two hoarder tendencies...far from needing a shrink. Besides, I only have 350-400 Macross toys/models...not 2156, so there's still time. ;)

If I can only get one more case, frontier has enough items to warrant a display case of its own. Then again I'm more of the original macross fan.

Bro, a gentle reminder of your custom vf show :)

Really looking forward to seeing more pictures on your masterpieces like ghost minmay guard. And btw, how many minmay guards custom do you have? :D

@ Kicker:

Where in the holy name of Kawamori did you get those posters?! I must have them on my own Macross shelf!

Got it from someone on the forum. I don't see those often. I still have some other classic ones in a tube, but no room.

I need a new display case, where did you get those ? Nice collection btw.

I had a link a few pages back.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

THAT!!! PLEASE POST PICTURES OF THAT!!!

I"ll try to take some more when I get home from work.