nice stuff in there! soon, you'll need another detolf to fit everything. it always starts with 1, not i have 10. =]

Thanks!

I am not sure if I will ever have 10, but I am destined for one more at least to store my Macross Zero (damn that stuff is Big) and Macross Plus.

Thankfully due to japanese exclusives I have no chance of collecting the full SDF Macross set so I am not really gonna start (though a VF-1D is in my future)

I probably will end up with three total depending on how big Macross 7 stuff gets.

Thanks!

I am not sure if I will ever have 10, but I am destined for one more at least to store my Macross Zero (damn that stuff is Big) and Macross Plus.

Thankfully due to japanese exclusives I have no chance of collecting the full SDF Macross set so I am not really gonna start (though a VF-1D is in my future)

I probably will end up with three total depending on how big Macross 7 stuff gets.

If you're worried about space in your detolfs, you can always use the mod i did and combine your 2 cases to make a larger case :D

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30278&hl=detolf&st=0

Still think it's the best display case bang for your buck!

Here's the remnants of what's left of my collection/ After collecting heavily for the last 10 yrs. I sold most of my toy collection over the last 2-3 yrs. The only figures I keep on display are these in my home office. I don't buy much anymore, but if it can fit in the display, I'll still consider it :lol:

I still need to catalog what I have left that is boxed up from my last move.

post-1065-129882233053_thumb.jpg

post-1065-129882233221_thumb.jpg

post-1065-129882233366_thumb.jpg

post-1065-129882233493_thumb.jpg

post-1065-12988223364_thumb.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

mac frontier valks using the custom stand :)

before i used the stand included in dx frontier valks but it just ate up a lot of spaces.

but after using these three layered stand it just saved me alot of space :D

IMG_5031.jpg

using a stand from picture frame holder

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4733.jpg

for space saving purposes :D

IMG_5051.jpg

another shelf for other mac collection :)

thanks for looking

Cool display Melbin, love the way you displayed your SV-51s!

I got a few more Yamato display stand mighty blocks and finally added the valkyries I got from the last HLJ sale on my ever growing Tokyo style display:

Macross-w-1.jpg

Macross-w-2.jpg

Macross-w-3.jpg

Macross-w-4.jpg

Macross-w-7.jpg

Macross-w-8.jpg

Macross-w-9.jpg

Edited by Frogze

Props to melbin234 & Frogze, Awesome collections and use of display stands, especially Frogze with so many Valks in such a small space!! B))

It's impressive however all I can think is if somebody trips there's going to be an awful lot of broken Valks in one place!

Yea, Frogze, sooo much potential energy built up into those valks getting knocked off! haha.... you're one brave dude.

Great display Melbin. I think all of us that like to display our toys always comes to a point where we run out of space to display things nicely. Good job using the photo frame holders. I used to display some of my valks in that flying up position, but i opened up the feet of the valks and just used those to balance the valk. I think your method is a pretty good alternative to flexis and such.

I did some searching for a thread dedicated to just showing off entire Macross collections and displays and there were only a few threads with individuals posting only their collection. Or there were collection pics hidden in other threads about display cases or toy pictures. I love to see how people display their toys so here's a new thread where everyone can participate to share their collections.

This is a new dedicated thread for people to show off ONLY pictures of their Macross Collection Displays. You can post pictures of how you display them whether it's in a cabinet, glass displays, book cases, whole rooms, etc.

NO pictures of individual toys since there is already a thread for that. Lets see all our Macross collections in 1 place!

I'll start by showing off a section of my rearranged Macross toys in my custom detolf cabinet displays. I'm still working on rearranging the rest of the room so i'll post those later.

1/48 displays

DSC_0038.jpg

I also recently purchased mini acrylic display signs so i can label my collection for fun. need to make them for the rest of my displays and i'll post them later.

DSC_0040.jpg

This was my old display room circa summer 2009, but i'll post updated pics soon

2009-8-17118.jpg

2009-8-17119.jpg

Jeez I need a house of my own. :(

very impressive, guys.

hey kirik, what''s the story behind your plush valk? i haven't seen that one before.

It was a custom i made for the MW Con 2007 customs contest. i was originally inspired by the VF-1S plush valk and knew i could i make a better version. I just started off with the head and worked out the rest of the body on the fly without making any patterns.

I was actually trying to design a 2nd version that was 1/3 smaller and made the patterns and started the sample version. However, i've kinda put the project on hold but hopefully will get back and finish an update sometime. =]

Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=26922&st=0&p=629639&hl=plushie&fromsearch=1entry629639

It was a custom i made for the MW Con 2007 customs contest. i was originally inspired by the VF-1S plush valk and knew i could i make a better version. I just started off with the head and worked out the rest of the body on the fly without making any patterns.

I was actually trying to design a 2nd version that was 1/3 smaller and made the patterns and started the sample version. However, i've kinda put the project on hold but hopefully will get back and finish an update sometime. =]

Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=26922&st=0&p=629639&hl=plushie&fromsearch=1entry629639

ah, i see, very nice. i have one of the original plush valks, so i knew yours looked different. good job!

• 2 weeks later...

MACROSSColleJohns4-14-111.jpg

MACROSSColleJohns4-14-112.jpg

* YAMATO 1/60v.II VF-1J ICHIJO TV TYPE

* BANDAI 1/72 HCM VF-1J ICHIJO TV TYPE

* CM's CORP. 1/8 "GUTTO KURU" Lynn Minmay

* MACROSS CHRONICLE MAGAZINE Vol.1 (with large detailed article covering the Ichijo TV VF-1J)

(i have a transparent plastic ring binder envelope bound into the magazine,

between the last page and back cover, that neatly contains the instruction manuals and HCM file cards for both 1Js)

i've parted ways with my 1/48s, and given my sole 1/55 to my mother's boyfriend.

that pretty much consolidates my current MACROSS toy collection to what is shown above there.

i've a few additional major MACROSS acquisitions planned,

such as a VF-1S Focker, a YF-19 D.N. a VF-11C, and the YELLOW SUBMARINE 27cm.

DYRL Lynn Minmay doll, if i can happen across one at a reasonable enough price.

i'm also considering adding an unbuilt 1983 IMAI edition 1/72 VF-1J Ichijo T.V.

but my mind isn't entirely made up about the necessity of that yet.

finally, i think i'll be investing in the 1988 DYRL "GOLD BOOK" one of these odd days.

there are lots of other little "minor" items i've had my eyes on, and just might get a hold of

one of these odd days, but those mentioned above are my MVP standouts.

one final thing; i just recently found an old (1950's/1960's) tin sewing machine accessory case

at a yard sale for almost free, that i have fairly clumsily appropriated into a case for my

VF-1's accessories. it serves the purpose quite well;

VF-1AccsCase4-14-111.jpg

VF-1AccsCase4-14-112.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's some pics of my relatively small Macross collection:

DVD Bookshelf Set-Up (Future Home of a 1/3000 TV-Style SDF-1 <fingers-crossed>):

gallery_3595_265_155236.jpg

Customs Shelf and M&M Tribute Display Area:

gallery_3595_265_43273.jpg

My Current Desk Set-Up (This is what happens when you've gotta make room for another kid and gotta consolidate a few display areas into one):

gallery_3595_265_63403.jpg

I also have a Isamu YF-19 (and some Macross MPC's <hangs head in shame>) that are currently boxed up and stored away.

Display case advice question:

I have an older IKEA cabinet that is about 18" wide x 68" tall x 18" deep, wood framed with glass on three sides (somewhat similar to the current "Grevback" model on the IKEA site. While it's been a great cabinet, I'm looking for something a bit bigger to accomodate more of my collection, perhaps around 24" wide and around the same height. Preferably something that can lock or have a lock installed on it. Not looking for anything fancy, as this sits in my garage/mancave.

Any advice on a particular cabinet? Or source of good/cheap cabinets?

My Current Desk Set-Up (This is what happens when you've gotta make room for another kid and gotta consolidate a few display areas into one):

gallery_3595_265_63403.jpg

I also have a Isamu YF-19 (and some Macross MPC's <hangs head in shame>) that are currently boxed up and stored away.

Nice X-Wing, is that the one that was a TRU exclusive maybe 5-6 years ago?