Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

I sticker pretty much everything also, but I don't just peel the stickers and apply them. I trim them right to the edge or as close as I can get using a hobby modeling knife. I also panel line everything I get and lately have been weathering every new item I get as well. Resale value is of no concern to me. I prefer the customized look of the stuff in my collection that differentiates it from others and I enjoy doing the extra work. It's part of the fun of collecting new valks for me.

wow

I'm glad I posted. I honestly didn't expect so many positive posts. I have re-done my display cases. Didn't know I would have so many left overs I would need to store. Will have pics ups soon. Decided to get the another display case to make it look more neat and dispersed.

Well not much too look at, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of it. I usually swap stuff out from time to time.

This pic is from Nov '09. Since then my Macross collection has grown considerably.

On the note of criticism, for my toy collecting, I try to ingore the ignorances of others.

post-2246-129282346566_thumb.jpg

finally found some recent pictures of my collection..

MY DISPLY ROOM 1 of 3

- i showcased two of my main toy lines here (Large Anime Female Statues and Macross)

- the room has two lighting scheme (Daylight and Amber Lighting scheme).. depending on my mood, i choose which light type i turn on or a mixture of both..

- every 6 months i reorganize my display and replace the collectibles with those that haven't made it yet on the display

3890935018_01873eb6e4.jpg

4979151606_dc7b819cb5.jpg

4978543767_0fde3bff2b.jpg

MY DISPLAY AREA 2 OF 3 - YAMATO MACROSS DEDICATED DISPLAY

- still opted a not so cramped up display, chose only valks that i felt like displaying and 2 of my non-camo favorites:

LOWEST LEVEL - Macross Do You Remember Love

* with my first ever scratch build - DYRL ARMD Launch Arm and Base

3686830011_d6b2bb3658.jpg

3687630476_a82ebcbe0f.jpg

THIRD LEVEL - Macross ZERO

3687602314_2530e1cbc6.jpg

3687603916_16224e2ba2.jpg

wanted an Exhibit like theme for this line.. so made a custom made acrylic labels for each valkyries:

3686803975_c0a7854283.jpg

FOURTH LEVEL - My Scratch-build Macross Armored Factory and Maintenance Bay

3687608740_20772bb3d1.jpg

3687609646_ccd7ea93bc.jpg

3687610398_b4785d3ab1.jpg

TOP LEVEL - Macross PLUS (New Edwards Base lolz)

- sorry for the crappy pics..

3686809913_5b8071fd71.jpg

3687629600_d2588bd420.jpg

still in the process of moving in so pardon the mess

_DSC3207.jpg

Here you can see what happens to a house plant when left outside overnight in 30 degree weather. And a bunch of books and a lot of Primes.

_DSC3208.jpg

Wall of valkryies with exploding shoulders.

_DSC3209.jpg

some other stuff

MY DISPLAY AREA 2 OF 3 - YAMATO MACROSS DEDICATED DISPLAY

- still opted a not so cramped up display, chose only valks that i felt like displaying and 2 of my non-camo favorites:"

wow Love the hanger bay Display. what do you do to afford so many expensive valks??

nightmareB4macross

I guess your a collector of antique cars too :D I am not sure but I dont think with the car exhaust its good to have your figures exposed like that. May deteriorate the plastic faster. I could be wrong tho

still in the process of moving in so pardon the mess

_DSC3207.jpg

Here you can see what happens to a house plant when left outside overnight in 30 degree weather. And a bunch of books and a lot of Primes.

some other stuff

Cool you got transformers !

And MP Grimmy as a Bookend. Classic!

Edited by Snail00

MY DISPLY ROOM 1 of 3

- i showcased two of my main toy lines here (Large Anime Female Statues and Macross)

- the room has two lighting scheme (Daylight and Amber Lighting scheme).. depending on my mood, i choose which light type i turn on or a mixture of both..

- every 6 months i reorganize my display and replace the collectibles with those that haven't made it yet on the display

3890935018_01873eb6e4.jpg

4979151606_dc7b819cb5.jpg

4978543767_0fde3bff2b.jpg

Dude, I really like your whole display setup, especially that little nook for your computer built into it. It this like custom made?

MY DISPLY ROOM 1 of 3

MaveRick, by anychance, could you tell me where you got the display cases from? Those are nice, modern, and clean. Love the look.

Bluemax: thanks :)

I'm always impressed all over again each time I see your maintenance bay diorama. That thing is awesome.

thanks dude.. :)

wow Love the hanger bay Display. what do you do to afford so many expensive valks??

i'm a government slave cpa on weekdays, and freelance consultant on weekends.. i rarely go out, i have a girlfriend, but still haven't contemplated on settling down (i knew when i would, that would be the end of my spending spree for this hobby lol) i used to juggle three jobs just to fund this hobby.. but lately i've been on hibernation after getting into a vehicular accident, so i haven't updated my collection that much recently..

Dude, I really like your whole display setup, especially that little nook for your computer built into it. It this like custom made?

thanks, it is custom made.. a conversion from a closet to a display cabinet.. i had to do it after realizing that i'm buying more toys than updating my wardrobe lol (i haven't even bought a new shirt/jeans this year hahaha)

Nice setup Maverick! I knew about your 2 displays, but not your MISB collection and stuff. that's pretty impressive

thanks kirik, the misb room was more on other toylines, so i didn't bother sharing it here... would love to post more pics of other displays/cabinets with other toyslines though if you guys want..

MaveRick, by anychance, could you tell me where you got the display cases from? Those are nice, modern, and clean. Love the look.

everything's custom made dude.. i wanted to settle with those ikea cabinets at first, but the O.C. in me demanded i wanted something that would fit my preference, so i had to literally design one for myself.. i basically did everything from designing, to choosing what materials to used, to electrical installation.. i left the painting and complex carpentry works to professionals..

will go over my archives and maybe share my plans and WIP pictures of my display area..

Edited by MaveRick

Bluemax: thanks :)

thanks dude.. :)

i'm a government slave cpa on weekdays, and freelance consultant on weekends.. i rarely go out, i have a girlfriend, but still haven't contemplated on settling down (i knew when i would, that would be the end of my spending spree for this hobby lol) i used to juggle three jobs just to fund this hobby.. but lately i've been on hibernation after getting into a vehicular accident, so i haven't updated my collection that much recently..

I'm surprised you haven't been off shored. Most of the PMs and CPAs or CMAs have been outsourced to Argentina, India, Philippines or god knows some hut in Afghanistan. But That setup is SWEEEEEEEEEET. I have 2 kids and I thought that after my first was born I thought that would be the end of my collecting but really if your responsible its manageable

... but lately i've been on hibernation after getting into a vehicular accident, so i haven't updated my collection that much recently..

hope you're okay na pare... one of these days i'm gonna check out your crib when i'm in Cebu (been there twice the past couple of years, was just too busy :( )... ingat lang sa pag-drive :D ...

These are fabulous displays Maverick, the dioramas are breathtaking especially

Here's my display, sorry for the horrible photographs... The lack of shelf space is a big problem for me, causing this thing to expand vertically out of control O____O;

Macross021.jpg

Macross017.jpg

Edited by Frogze

That's an awesome "PILE" of Macross figures, WOW!! :o

Thank you sir! It is indeed a huge pile: 10 Valks, 2 destroids, and more... all that on a 36X32cm shelf... 2 more valks to complete the Vermillion squadron then I'll leave it alone I swear

Holy Mcfart!!! *drapes his display*hehe... WHAT Macross collection? :unsure:

And now everyone wants to see what you're hiding behind that drape, >EXO<!

haha... so much Potential Energy in that valk display for stuff to fall!! haha... *knock on wood* hope you don't have earthquakes in your area

Fortunately there are no earthquakes or pets here, but even a moderate bump on the shelf would be catastrophic. I just can't help it, I love watching this thing, it's like having a giant poster, only it's in 3D :) I loved your pics btw, Kirik, awesome collection!

Great displays guys!

anime52k8 > these may be few but among the few best valks ever issued. I wish I had a VE-1 too, what a great looking valk it is!

Andy NYK > Cool display, it's always fun to see different renditions of one character.

Takatoys > WOW! Fantastic... May I ask how many years of collecting did it take you to gather all this?

Great displays guys!

WOW! Fantastic... May I ask how many years of collecting did it take you to gather all this?

I've been a collector since I was a kid really. I always took care of my toys since I was 8 years old. I still keep my Star Wars kenner figures in good shape.

But I became a serious collector when Ebay appeared back in 98. I looked for toys that I had and wished to have when I was a child. Funny, I could not buy any original Takatoku Valkyries because of the high prices and demand. I always lost the bids by US$1. Then, I found an old warehouse full of original Japanese vintage tin toys and diecast ones including Takatoku, Takara, Popy, Clover. I got those toys at bargain prices. Sadly, no Takatoku valkyries. By the time I wanted to buy the original Takatoku, the reissues showed up and saved a lot of money. I still want to buy the original just for the beautiful takatoku box.

By trading and selling the vintage toys I have, I bought most of the other modern toys on display.

This year, I have not bought any except the Macross Frontier valks. I got infatuated with the dolls you see on display. They are called "dollfie dream" dolls from Volks and they are really expensive. Danny Choo, a famous Japanese Pop Culture Blogger is a big fan of these dolls and when I found his web page, it was too late. He published a book called Otacool that showed otaku rooms from all over the world and my room was chosen to be part of it. Then he made a TV show called "Culture Japan" and my room also got featured.

2012 looks very promising with the release of the Fire Valkyrie and more toys from the new Macross Frontier movie. And I want the 1/3000 SDF-1 just released.