On 3/11/2023 at 10:26 AM, dtwn said:

Does anyone choose to display their Battroid mode VFs on a stand rather than on their own two feet to avoid wear on the joints?

Does it make a difference?

it helps to have a stand if your vf-1's decked out with SSP & missile pack. I noticed it tends to lean backwards and legs gradually spreading apart. Without optional parts in its bare form, vf-1's seem to stand on its own no problem over a period of time.

Edited by Angesdad

2 hours ago, Angesdad said:

it helps to have a stand if your vf-1's decked out with SSP & missile pack. I noticed it tends to lean backwards and legs gradually spreading apart. Without optional parts in its bare form, vf-1's seem to stand on its own no problem over a period of time.

Agreed. It really also helps to have a stand in case the cabinet got knocked or bumped. What's nice with the 1/6 scale figure stand is that you can insert the nosecone on the ring section. And there's a lot of options out there too like a clear stands in case you don't want to see it. ;) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

20230429_112348.jpg.5d1e9064a127f2f920b351e7cce3e361.jpg

if only someone would come up with customised WALL display boxes! Its been one of my goals to have valks on walls, eversince i saw the valk display pics on the walls for the macross exhibitions.

I know yeti had some wall display stands sometime back but that had potential dust issues on valks, not to mention accidentally knocking it over if jutting out too far from the wall. 

Anyone here displays their valks on the walls, enclosed?

On ebay I saw someone who made some wall mounts for macross items...think it was for the Yamatos?

Its been a month or so, so don't have a link, but I thought they looked pretty cool

Will try to find the link tomorrow. When I saw them it reminded me of the event displays
I remember individual parts being in their own comparment

On 4/30/2023 at 2:01 PM, Slave IV said:

I had a bunch of Valks displayed on the wall with yeti stands. They were super stable with no worries about knocking them off. I also had them high up and out of the way but still, they were solid. 
Macross_DSC06426.jpg.a0f005eb935bd3c2190dd2f20095ff98.jpgMacross_VF-1J_Max_DSC06429.jpg.410f378a686fe2fc1e8d4c46b4e2fe41.jpgMacross_VF-1J_Milia_DSC06428.jpg.38cbb349c33e8c4738208b781a712bf2.jpg

and no cobwebs forming too!😅 yeah its still a cool way to display.

For me, I am paranoid that without a case over it, its bound to get hit sometime/somehow.

Anyway, am sure there would be ways to add a case to that too.

On 4/30/2023 at 2:19 PM, Shawn said:

On ebay I saw someone who made some wall mounts for macross items...think it was for the Yamatos?

Its been a month or so, so don't have a link, but I thought they looked pretty cool

Will try to find the link tomorrow. When I saw them it reminded me of the event displays
I remember individual parts being in their own comparment

Now, if someone could replicate that on a bigger scale...👍

Edited by seti88

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

and no cobwebs forming too!😅 yeah its still a cool way to display.

For me, I am paranoid that without a case over it, its bound to get hit sometime/somehow.

Anyway, am sure there would be ways to add a case to that too.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised they didn't get very dusty there. I suppose it wouldn't be difficult to put a plexiglass case around those. Or, I think you could also just mount the stands inside a wall display.

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised they didn't get very dusty there. I suppose it wouldn't be difficult to put a plexiglass case around those. Or, I think you could also just mount the stands inside a wall display.

in addition, bandai's wall display concepts have the valks at an angle, which allow for a nice perspective. 

On 4/30/2023 at 2:01 PM, Slave IV said:

I had a bunch of Valks displayed on the wall with yeti stands. They were super stable with no worries about knocking them off. I also had them high up and out of the way but still, they were solid. 
Macross_DSC06426.jpg.a0f005eb935bd3c2190dd2f20095ff98.jpgMacross_VF-1J_Max_DSC06429.jpg.410f378a686fe2fc1e8d4c46b4e2fe41.jpgMacross_VF-1J_Milia_DSC06428.jpg.38cbb349c33e8c4738208b781a712bf2.jpg

Love the wall mount method! :good:

7 hours ago, MKT said:

Love the wall mount method! :good:

Thanks! That was my favorite way to display my Valks. No floor space taken, dynamic displays that I can see all the time, safe and secure but also easy to remove and play with anytime. I actually never bought a Yeti base stand because I preferred this method. 

On 4/29/2023 at 11:11 PM, seti88 said:

if only someone would come up with customised WALL display boxes! Its been one of my goals to have valks on walls, eversince i saw the valk display pics on the walls for the macross exhibitions.

I know yeti had some wall display stands sometime back but that had potential dust issues on valks, not to mention accidentally knocking it over if jutting out too far from the wall. 

Anyone here displays their valks on the walls, enclosed?

Great idea!  As a DIYer, I'd go with an acrylic shadow box from a craft store and just stencil on the details I wanted, making it totally custom (which I'd want to do anyway instead of being restricted to Bandai's or whoever).  This one's only 3" deep, so not super far off the wall yet just enough to mount a valk.  Kinduv expensive tho.  Using a standard wood frame shadow box would be much cheaper, but not nearly as good looking or visible.

15 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Great idea!  As a DIYer, I'd go with an acrylic shadow box from a craft store and just stencil on the details I wanted, making it totally custom (which I'd want to do anyway instead of being restricted to Bandai's or whoever).  This one's only 3" deep, so not super far off the wall yet just enough to mount a valk.  Kinduv expensive tho.  Using a standard wood frame shadow box would be much cheaper, but not nearly as good looking or visible.

I love the look of this but like some of the other expensive cases out there, I can't bring myself to pay more for the display case than I did for what the case is displaying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished the main assembly on my moducases. Still need to wire up all the LED lights. I'll get to that over the weekend.

Assembly wasn't too bad, though there were a couple of parts where the holes were not properly sized (poor QC) and I had to drill larger holes through the metal. That's always fun.

A couple of the shelf boards were also slightly warped and bent upwards slightly, so I've placed some weights on them to eventually flatten them out. :unknw:

Will probably get another set of 8 as these definitely will not fight all my 1/60 valks even though there's a ton of space.

1/48 Kakizaki for scale.

moducase02.jpg.eb1fede87d6ee0d9d0ea0234bddf4c10.jpg

8 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Finished the main assembly on my moducases. Still need to wire up all the LED lights. I'll get to that over the weekend.

Assembly wasn't too bad, though there were a couple of parts where the holes were not properly sized (poor QC) and I had to drill larger holes through the metal. That's always fun.

A couple of the shelf boards were also slightly warped and bent upwards slightly, so I've placed some weights on them to eventually flatten them out. :unknw:

Will probably get another set of 8 as these definitely will not fight all my 1/60 valks even though there's a ton of space.

1/48 Kakizaki for scale.

moducase02.jpg.eb1fede87d6ee0d9d0ea0234bddf4c10.jpg

You're off to a good start!!

The 20 Best Leonardo DiCaprio GIFs of All Time | GQ

On 10/11/2023 at 12:10 AM, 505thAirborne said:

You're off to a good start!!

The 20 Best Leonardo DiCaprio GIFs of All Time | GQ

Thanks!

Finally got the cases done. Took a while longer than I expected as, once again, there were no instructions and I had to watch some Youtube videos and go through a bit of trial and error to get everything just right. Next set should come together much faster.

Finally my valks will have a proper home!

moducase03.jpg.4632041c8cffeb429452c8f3178785cf.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

On 10/15/2023 at 2:15 PM, Lolicon said:

Starting with the OG Macross on the top row...

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I know some prefer the TV livery for our heroes while others prefer the movie versions.

I'm just being silly and facetious here, but I take issue with OG referring to the Movie versions... because TV was first (thus OG), and the movie versions suck!:p  I only say that though because the TV show was so damn good!  I've actually never seen the movie if I'm honest. :ph34r: I've never really understood the concept of making a great show, but then making a movie to retell the same basic story... badly/abridged.

Seriously tho, nice display, coming along nicely! :good:

Edited by Pontus

15 hours ago, Pontus said:

I've actually never seen the movie if I'm honest. 

Many of the abridged movie versions for Macross can actually be skipped (disclaimer: Have not seen any Mac 7 so no comment on that). They really only have minor story variations with significantly recycled animation from their respective series.

Macross DYRL though is whole different kettle of fish. Although the best enjoyment to be gotten require having seen the TV series first for deeper background & character contexts, the visuals have been redrawn from ground up to be more detailed, fluid and with changes that wholly qualifies it as more of a full remake rather than a summarized version of the series. One can feel that this was really a labour of love from the creators, and watching FB:2012 right after that is a bittersweet icing-on-cake experience.

I find it ironic that this was only done for the original Macross, so the magic of Macross DYRL is something that has never been recaptured by its successors.

E4C1690B-AC3F-4ED0-8DB6-C1AF61DC44A1.jpeg.6fd178c201db7e8b97cb18a081edb05d.jpegE161C1E7-F280-465B-B9F1-E290738D3D60.jpeg.91399f08747a4608bc60dc8aeab56e61.jpeg6ADF6BCC-A635-4A50-A8E2-C7AC21FC4543.jpeg.94041b7507744a965954f8bf753aebdb.jpegimage.jpg.858c04c32cc83f214cf375393bc6881e.jpg

nothing to fancy, but I either have stuff displayed on my kallax shelf or the fext hobby display. Still working on the lighting for the middle shelf with the DX VF-1s… 

oh and my YF-19 sits kinda lonely up above the shelf sadly. But it’ll get it’s company soon enough!

Edited by R0P3-F15H