Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

30 minutes ago, MKT said:

Looks great seeing all of them together! :good:

Are these Moducase displays?

Yes sir! Though I'm still waiting on my last cube to finish the display cabinet.  I'd love to share the whole thing but I don't collect just Macross so no idea where I would post it.

56 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Yes sir! Though I'm still waiting on my last cube to finish the display cabinet.  I'd love to share the whole thing but I don't collect just Macross so no idea where I would post it.

Love to see the rest! I’m sure it’s ok to post the rest here :)

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

You finished that bad boy! Nice!

May I ask what the ballpark was for completing the subscription? 

Sure did! I would estimate the cost was around $2400-$2700 total. If I had to pay that up front, I probably would have said no way haha. Good thing it was a very slow drip over a 2 year period!.

31 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I hate you so much right now.:acute:

LOL. You and me pretty much have the same tastes. At least you got your Metal Structure Nu now right :D.

Here it is. I'm still missing one more block in the corner and I'll be done for awhile. I moved my couch forward a bit so I could have room in the back to take pictures and setup the display a bit. My WFH desk is right next to my moducase display so it's nice to look at while I work :)

Below is my Macross related stuff. I can upload my Transformers, Gundam, and Super Robot stuff in the next post.

image.jpeg.e2a3de646d552f81faec1afee8d7955b.jpeg

image.jpeg.f1583663dac9cc77c4d44f7ace8bb7be.jpeg

image.jpeg.4c1c3dc5d9566ceb26d3300ae4c668df.jpeg

image.jpeg.718c2695c61addb164c7f3132a37b034.jpeg

image.jpeg.219ba12ee5cae59ec6f5b41f77c8c02a.jpeg

image.jpeg.5ba0cbbfe273d11df92196f5ae536f50.jpeg

I forgot I didn't put this in here. Newly built/painted Yamato SDF-1 Assembly Kit (in movie pose) with the Arcadia PF.

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0538.JPGIMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

And yeah, yeah, I know this isn't Macross. But this is done (for now) since the Unit 13 showed up. These are the 15" tall RAH EVA's. I've actually got a custom cabinet being built right now for them that is 22" wider so I don't have to scrunch them up so much and I will be able to get Unit 09 out of the box so the whole line is displayed. The background/inside of the cabinet is going to be NERV HQ (pic below). I'm pretty excited about this one.

IMG_0522.JPG.530f8eb299185daff11d26407ed7217b.JPG

cropped-nerv_hq_rebuild-evangelion-geofront-nervhq.png.66da99929bf01dd3155e44962fda693f.png

Edited by sqidd

33 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Looks fantastic @sqidd. Which Evangelions are those? And did you print your own Yetisand adaptors for the SDF-1?

Those are the Medicom Real Action Hero's (15" tall). They're kinda junky. But they look nice. The Unit 01 Awakening and 00 are SUPER hard to get. I think they made 300 and 600 of them respectively???

Yeah, I CAD'd up a adapter for the YetiStand and my buddy printed for me.:good:Pretty easy really. The stand that comes with it in one hand, a set of calipers in the other and 15-20min of CAD. I've done maybe 6-7 custom ones now???

Stand.jpg.b194866ef8f52ccff34749f9c8facdce.jpg

Good god all your collections are insane....I am always in awe when I see these display boxes completely packed with every variety of robot...just amazing.

Thank you all for posting these amazing pictures here. Wow.

Thanks everyone! Honestly, if I hadn't found MacrossWorld when I did (Arcadia release of the SDF-1) I don't think I would have ever gotten back into collecting. This website has been an amazing resource for links to stores and information on items I never knew existed or could ever find outside of eBay. 

On 6/25/2022 at 9:53 PM, Grey728 said:

Thanks everyone! Honestly, if I hadn't found MacrossWorld when I did (Arcadia release of the SDF-1) I don't think I would have ever gotten back into collecting. This website has been an amazing resource for links to stores and information on items I never knew existed or could ever find outside of eBay. 

That’s quite a collection to amass in such a short time!

I will say out of everything, it’s kinda a crime to see the Moshow Shingen just standing straight up like that. It’s one of the most dynamic figures I’ve ever seen and begs to be shown off in some pose that most other figures could never pull off. But who am I to talk when mine is trapped in a prison of a box? 😆

On 6/27/2022 at 11:45 PM, Slave IV said:

That’s quite a collection to amass in such a short time!

I will say out of everything, it’s kinda a crime to see the Moshow Shingen just standing straight up like that. It’s one of the most dynamic figures I’ve ever seen and begs to be shown off in some pose that most other figures could never pull off. But who am I to talk when mine is trapped in a prison of a box? 😆

Lol yeah, that sucker just wants to be posed. I had a hard time making him just stand up straight because there's so many points of articulation just in it's feet! Anywho, posing takes up SO much space and I need to fit like 2-3 more figures on that shelf still. I also have no imagination so I just use the same standard pose over and over again. I wish there was a thread on people just posing their toys in epic/unique ways that I could copy.

23 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

Amazing collection @Grey728 - thanks for sharing pics!!

29 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Lol yeah, that sucker just wants to be posed. I had a hard time making him just stand up straight because there's so many points of articulation just in it's feet! Anywho, posing takes up SO much space and I need to fit like 2-3 more figures on that shelf still. I also have no imagination so I just use the same standard pose over and over again. I wish there was a thread on people just posing their toys in epic/unique ways that I could copy.

I hear you on the space thing. I can’t even display anything but one shelf currently because the rest is piled in storage. But the thread you ask for does exist. 

• 7 months later...
20 hours ago, dtwn said:

Does anyone choose to display their Battroid mode VFs on a stand rather than on their own two feet to avoid wear on the joints?

Does it make a difference?

I think the reason to most people who mounts the Battroids on the display stand is to add support and for precaution. We don’t want them to topple down just in case. Though it does really take too much space with the display stand on.

I suggest if it takes too much space, and you really want it standing on a ground, you can probably use those generic support stand for 1/6th figures.

4E3111DB-C875-4200-A906-1929B17139F5.jpeg.e5ee01774788644f42d128affbc9f537.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm