Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

On 9/28/2021 at 6:54 PM, kelinda said:

After 3 years of silent reading on this forum, and collecting valkyries ... (special thanks to Jenius and his wonderful site http://www.anymoon.com for guidance in trap avoidance, and other members who give me some tips by pm)
Here is my current display :

I hope to continue finding others pieces but i don't know if my wife will let me get another detolf cabinet :)

Get another wife who will? :hi:

awesome display collection btw.:good:

Edited by seti88

9 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Tell her it would "really set off the sparkle in her eyes". :D

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

Get another wife who will? :hi:

I see that some of you have already been confronted with this kind of negotiations 😁

11 hours ago, seti88 said:

awesome display collection btw.:good:

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2010 at 1:58 PM, KiriK said:

EDIT:

Don't know why i didn't look in the Hall of Super Topics for the old "Display Your Collection" thread, but i just found it and thought i'd link it finally:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18562&hl

Enjoy more collection pics!!

ORIGINAL POST:

I did some searching for a thread dedicated to just showing off entire Macross collections and displays and there were only a few threads with individuals posting only their collection. Or there were collection pics hidden in other threads about display cases or toy pictures. I love to see how people display their toys so here's a new thread where everyone can participate to share their collections.

This is a new dedicated thread for people to show off ONLY pictures of their Macross Collection Displays. You can post pictures of how you display them whether it's in a cabinet, glass displays, book cases, whole rooms, etc.

NO pictures of individual toys since there is already a thread for that. Lets see all our Macross collections in 1 place!

I'll start by showing off a section of my rearranged Macross toys in my custom detolf cabinet displays. I'm still working on rearranging the rest of the room so i'll post those later.

1/48 displays

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/kiririth/Macross%20Collection/DSC_0038.jpg

I also recently purchased mini acrylic display signs so i can label my collection for fun. need to make them for the rest of my displays and i'll post them later.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/kiririth/Macross%20Collection/DSC_0040.jpg

This was my old display room circa summer 2009, but i'll post updated pics soon

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/kiririth/Room%20pics/2009-8-17118.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/kiririth/Room%20pics/2009-8-17119.jpg

[Warning: Trip down memory lane,  steam of consciousness,  long- ish post]

Man,  this was The thread,  The pictures, that drew me back into the rabbit hole of collecting. I was away cold turkey for over 8 + years... I was doing so well *sigh*

Before then I had collected loose g1 transformers off of feebay, 1/48 Yammies & 1st gen SOCs up until gx31 from feebay, and masterpiece TFs up until Sideswipe release. I had intended to get the Hound and Wheeljack releases,  but then I just stopped.  I told myself I didn't Need them. I was Free.  I was Cured!

On here,  I had been a long time semi- lurker, just enjoyed viewing people's photos and briefly skimming people's  opinions on their favorite macross series,  toys etc. As my collecting ways waned, my visits to here became less as well. Saved some, bought a house, got busier with work / life.

After 2016 I was off this chogokin grid completely. Transferred job sites, moved to different city completely,  sold my house by 2019. Got too busy with life-stuff. 

Then pandemic happens. And we're all having to shut in.  And fighting to find toilet paper,  and other actual life- saving stuff. And masks. Had to hoard TP and masks and lysol wipes.

And then slow easing of restrictions,  and then vaccines happened. We just might live! This isn't the zombie apocalypse (yet)!

And then I visit my old 'net stomping grounds, because y'know, still steering away from exposure to people. 

And look what I've missed: SOC DX releases. How much? $1k entrance fee for the voltes? Eff no.. Not for all TP in the world. Still want it though. 

But it's ok, I can just enjoy reading people's opinions.  And browse here periodically.  I don't Need these, yet. Missed DX valks too? It's ok... I mean,  what's the entrance fee $300, plus or minus some dollars...

I... don't... need...

And then this thread. Because for some reason,  I've avoided looking in this whole time. I told my wife "look at this original poster's collection. I have less than 10% of his collection.  I do not have a problem. I am still Cured.  So pretty though. It's all so preeettyy...."

I still have my 1/48 yammies, in non climate controlled storage.  What's that? Yellowing? Oh. And some people's Yammies have joints with problems? Oh. But mine are in storage. In Hot, then Cold.  And Yellowing and Disintegrating. 

Fast forward a few months, Scorched Earth Toys review of Dx vs 1/48 Yamato. Dx is the new king

Eff me 😰😰😰 and my wallet. 

While I could have just gone with my fave Roy vf-1s only,  I was already several valks behind. And as they mentioned in the DX 1/48 thread, you intend to buy 1.... and you all know what happens. 

TLDR: I was Cured.  Then I fell off the wagon. 

When's the next PO night?

12 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

Welcome back to the fold @f-valk ; I can relate as I got "back" into Macross last summer during the pandemic lockdowns. It all started while I decided to re-watch Frontier ... so I know the feeling. 

"I keep trying to get out ... but they keep pulling me back in" - LOL

We're all Brothers :drinks: in collecting!

37 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

About 85% moved into the new house. The amount of toys I have is ridiculous. I think it’s time to check myself. I’ll try and post some pics of my “collection” taking up a lot of space in the basement. Ugh.  I never want to move again. 

If I move again......it will be my last. I can't imagine having to move all my toys. It would take an eternity to get them all transformed/put back in their boxes!!!!!:bad:

Hopefully you have more room in the new house and can display all that stuff!

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

If I move again......it will be my last. I can't imagine having to move all my toys. It would take an eternity to get them all transformed/put back in their boxes!!!!!:bad:

Hopefully you have more room in the new house and can display all that stuff!

I bubble wrapped everything I had on display and just threw them in boxes.  No rhyme or reason. Trying to work fast and putting them all back in boxes would have taken FOREVER. Who knows if I’ll ever see them again haha. Still a large majority were still boxed.  Definitely have a large front room, believe it or not, that the fiancé is giving me for a “museum” room. Gonna go for a more elegant display this time instead of just a bunch of detolfs. 

54 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I bubble wrapped everything I had on display and just threw them in boxes.  No rhyme or reason. Trying to work fast and putting them all back in boxes would have taken FOREVER. Who knows if I’ll ever see them again haha. Still a large majority were still boxed.  Definitely have a large front room, believe it or not, that the fiancé is giving me for a “museum” room. Gonna go for a more elegant display this time instead of just a bunch of detolfs. 

I don't think my OCD would let me just bubble wrap them.:p

Nice! Sounds like you have something to work with there. Looking forward to the results!

I sure do wish that I had more space. I really want to do a theater/toy room. I'd need a bigger house. Well, technically no, I don't need a bigger house. I need at least the same size house but with enough property to build a out building for the business stuff. Right now it's taking up 1500sq ft of my lower level (ranch with a walk out) and 1000sq ft in garage space (the garage is pretty big). If I had that 1500sq ft to play with that would make one heck of a theater/toy room!:good:

35 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Ugh. Think I finally moved the toys. No idea what’s what.  2nd pic doesn’t do the amount of crap justice  41563736-4641-423A-9CC9-8A4C14700EAD.jpeg.f3c96279741835ccfd9a678d8a01b209.jpeg

Wow! Seeing that we also moved recently, I can definitely say my collection is probably just 1/4 of yours. And my wife thought I have a lot. :rolleyes:

Nice try there @sh9000

No space for escape should something happen and if you clutter your stuff til the seams split, then it’s a Fire Hazard and you risk your own life to pooch with your collectables. 

I bet you guys don’t even think about having fire suppression equipment if a fire/explosion happens - “I might as well die with my toys”.

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I can definitely say my collection is probably just 1/4 of yours.

Good for you, Noel.  Imminently practical. :good:

I'm afraid ErikElvis has only about 1/4 of the collection I have... 😬

...if that. :huh:

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Good for you, Noel.  Imminently practical. :good:

I'm afraid ErikElvis has only about 1/4 of the collection I have... 😬

...if that. :huh:

Hahaha! :lol: I'm just glad that @ErikElvis did use Lowe's XL boxes to compare with the 20x20x20 boxes that I used to pack mine. And I have 12 total. ;)

Though I still got an annoyed look from my wife after I showed this to her. :cray: 

Speaking of your collection though @tekering. Just out of curiosity, do you keep all the boxes or just selected ones? Most of my 1/12 figures, I already threw away the boxes. The big toys that I can probably sell down the line, those I keep. I'm pretty sure that if I just only threw away all the boxes, my collection will probably end up in just 3-4 big boxes.