Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

On 6/5/2020 at 7:13 AM, Grey728 said:

Is that a BESTA Ikea shelf? How does your display look with the glass doors closed?

It is a Besta shelf, but I have the white painted glass doors, so not the best with doors closed... you can only see some shadows on the glass with the lights on.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, seti88 said:

Awesome M0 shelf! There is a certain caliber wings F-14 that might fit nicely there too. Only thing it’s in 1/72 scale...

That's what's killing me about that. It would have been a insta-buy at 1/60.

6 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

Where’d you find this for $88?!?

The problem with this helmet (which I didn't realize until later) is that it's not a cannon helmet. It's a DYRL shape with the DSFM colors. It looks nice, but the cannon thing kinda bothers me.

This one is mostly cannon. But the M911 printed in the decal is not. I'm having my decal shop make replacements without the M911 on there when I have time to deal with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Masei-911-Xcross-Jet-US-F14-Tomcat-Fighter-Motorcycle-Helmet-Bike-Size-S-M-7/333621147755?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

s-l1600.jpg

8 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Awesome M Zero display!!!!

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

Awesome M0 shelf! There is a certain caliber wings F-14 that might fit nicely there too. Only thing it’s in 1/72 scale...

Thanks! I'm still not 100% all warm and fuzzy about the composition, but I'll nail it eventually. And now that I have a better idea of how much room I'm working with I'm going to get a VF-0A in there.:good:

2 minutes ago, Darotower said:

My Focker's army

Perfect timing! I literally just finished this up and took a pic.

Can you believe that I still have 6 more to go?I hope I can fit them in there!

-DX 1/48 (waiting on the release)

-Wave 1/100 (inbound)

-Bandai Mission Gashapons (inbound)

-Takatoku 1/100 "Mini Chunky" (can't find one at any price)

-Takatoku 1/144 Henkei (can't find one at any price)

-Yamato 1/200 Variable Fighter Collection (can't find one)

1760421471_FockerArmy.jpg.41b83fb40165952c46f64a5443772390.jpg

On 7/14/2020 at 8:30 PM, sqidd said:

Perfect timing! I literally just finished this up and took a pic.

Can you believe that I still have 6 more to go?I hope I can fit them in there!

-DX 1/48 (waiting on the release)

-Wave 1/100 (inbound)

-Bandai Mission Gashapons (inbound)

-Takatoku 1/100 "Mini Chunky" (can't find one at any price)

-Takatoku 1/144 Henkei (can't find one at any price)

-Yamato 1/200 Variable Fighter Collection (can't find one)

1760421471_FockerArmy.jpg.41b83fb40165952c46f64a5443772390.jpg

Cool! but that's a lot! I don't have a huge display cabinet and I only collect some transformables molds not them all.

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

THANK YOU for putting on the stickers-they make SUCH a difference in these toys.
That GPB looks TOUGH as hell....great display!!

image.png.8b713a5a8feb0eb8807daa597fa0afdc.pngThat GPB looks TOUGH

I wish the 1/60 version came with the same stickers. The 1/60's GBP sticker sheet was rather lacking. It does make quite a difference.

15148089099_da451eb835_k.jpg

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

THANK YOU for putting on the stickers-they make SUCH a difference in these toys.

Thanks! 

I remember cutting a few of those smaller stickers for a tighter and flatter fit. :crazy:  The leg art was also tricky, trying to cut the Macross Kite sticker to match the flow of Minmay's dress on the @Anasazi37 sticker.

Just wish the old Yammie stickers weren't so gauzy and hazy looking.

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I wish the 1/60 version came with the same stickers. The 1/60's GBP sticker sheet was rather lacking. It does make quite a difference.

15148089099_da451eb835_k.jpg

Very nice and subtle dirt wash on both of those GBP's! :good:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still not feeling all warm and fuzzy about the Zero presentation. The Fighter, Gerwalk and Battroid (mostly) shelf thing seems kind of like a cop out to me. I'll take another crack at it when the Shin F-14's are released.

I feel like it should have more of a Roy vs Ivanov and Shin vs Nora thing going on. I've taken two cracks at that it it doesn't materialize correctly. 

Also looking for a decent deal on a VF-0S to replace the Yamato in Gerwalk. Man, the limit of the Yamato's legs in Gerwalk makes my brain hurt!:crazy:

Zero.jpg.7962bd0a4d67a0c22385b9eef63e5d5e.jpg

On 7/19/2020 at 10:35 PM, Shawn said:

image.png.8b713a5a8feb0eb8807daa597fa0afdc.pngThat GPB looks TOUGH

Really great work! You are inspiring me. Really cool to see Hikkie in Roy's 1S too. Yammies always look so good in fighter mode.

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

I'm still not feeling all warm and fuzzy about the Zero presentation. The Fighter, Gerwalk and Battroid (mostly) shelf thing seems kind of like a cop out to me. I'll take another crack at it when the Shin F-14's are released.

I feel like it should have more of a Roy vs Ivanov and Shin vs Nora thing going on. I've taken two cracks at that it it doesn't materialize correctly. 

Also looking for a decent deal on a VF-0S to replace the Yamato in Gerwalk. Man, the limit of the Yamato's legs in Gerwalk makes my brain hurt!:crazy:

Zero.jpg.7962bd0a4d67a0c22385b9eef63e5d5e.jpg

For the fighter shelf, you could have them flying at each other.  Or depending on the space, crisscrossing or pulling off barrel rolls, Cobra maneuvers, or other odd angle poses.  Just showing how crazy a dogfight in these birds can be.

For the Gerwalks, Mexican standoffs could work.  Don’t forget that DD does do that weird “use the head as a periscope” bit while in Gerwalk.