Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

14 minutes ago, slide said:

How much did you have to cut away to fit the bubble, and how would you recommend going about it?

The bubble I purchased was fairly thin so a sharp pair of scissors worked just fine, any rough edges the Visor pretty much hides. I think I cut about an inch off so it would fit. 

About a year ago or so I replace that bubble visor with an actual US Navy Green & Clear Visor for that real world look. I'll some pics tomorrow. 

11 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Awesome helmets @Kicker773

@sqidd  I have one of these myself and for the price tag they're quite nice ( mine is set up as Shin Kudo's from Macross Zero), the Yamato's are better but they are quite pricey if you can even find one. This seller has Max's & Hikaru's Masei made helmets for sale if you're interested. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Masei-911-Xcross-Jet-US-F14-Tomcat-Motorcycle-Bike-Harley-Helmet-Size-S-M-29/233587024467?hash=item3662df2253:g:ti4AAOSw5XxeXW-2

Is this eBay seller the one who makes them? Man, if I could find a Focker I would buy it in a second!

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

Is this eBay seller the one who makes them? Man, if I could find a Focker I would buy it in a second!

Hi @sqidd Those Macross helmets are made by company called MASEI, it's been a while but I think there out of Hong Kong. 

23 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Well it might be a motorcycle helmet under that custom body frame but these don't seem to be a holding a very high re-sale value like the YAMATO versions. 

I took mine apart years ago to customize it and while it's a motorcycle helmet, it's feel like a very simple & basic helmet as best, DOT approved or not. 

Over the past few years I've seen some of these Masei Helmets whether it be size S/M or L/XL go for as low as $55.00 plus shipping on Ebay. The seller has a 100% rating so at least he seems to be honest. 

This is how mine arrived years ago at my request: 

post-6180-0-08862300-1410195395_thumb.jpgt r

And then what it turned into: 

post-6180-0-58837900-1428086303_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-39722400-1428086352_thumb.jpg

That looks amazing! I’d love to see a custom TV Focker helmet!

Edited by Rogueload

17 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Hi @sqidd Those Macross helmets are made by company called MASEI, it's been a while but I think there out of Hong Kong. 

I want a Roy. But for $87.98 to my door Hikaru will do for now.:good:

s-l1600.jpg

So, I’m waiting on a few figures, and I’ll be screwed if Bandai ever does SOC Legendary Defender Voltron, the Sincline Combiner, and/or the Fleet of Doom Robeast Combiner.

But the Macross shelves are pretty much set:

79C0E4F0-59D8-47E2-85A2-6BCE549F87CB.jpeg.aae45e2535561eed415a735b3bc95cee.jpeg

Edited by Mog

This came in today. Not bad for $88 shipped. I searched the entire internet and couldn't find a Roy for under $500. I ended up ordering a Max for $88 and I'm going to try and paint it or commission someone to paint it. I'll probably do it myself.

It doesn't look this dark in real life on top of the cab. It could use a little light though.

800309185_Helmet1.jpg.b346af0da9af316067e33f860c79d8cf.jpg

1663021492_Helmet2.jpg.281e7c0244e2a5ea7496371355f9cf25.jpg

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

This came in today. Not bad for $88 shipped. I searched the entire internet and couldn't find a Roy for under $500. I ended up ordering a Max for $88 and I'm going to try and paint it or commission someone to paint it. I'll probably do it myself.

It doesn't look this dark in real life on top of the cab. It could use a little light though.

800309185_Helmet1.jpg.b346af0da9af316067e33f860c79d8cf.jpg

1663021492_Helmet2.jpg.281e7c0244e2a5ea7496371355f9cf25.jpg

Ok, I couldn’t take it anymore. Max helmet ordered. 

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Ok, I couldn’t take it anymore. Max helmet ordered. 

Mission accomplished!!!

For the money it was an insta buy for me.:good:

Maybe I should get another Max so I have a Roy (custom painted), Hikaru and Max............hmmmmmm.:unknw:

24 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Mission accomplished!!!

For the money it was an insta buy for me.:good:

Maybe I should get another Max so I have a Roy (custom painted), Hikaru and Max............hmmmmmm.:unknw:

Haha, make sure you pick up your certificate for Enabling 101. Points go to @dafunguy for planting the seed, @Kicker773 for always setting the bar high and @505thAirborne for the link to finish the job.

49 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just dug around some more on the net and found a Focker helmet!!!!

I'll have Max, Hikaru and Focker on display!:yahoo:

Nice, I saw a Jolly Rogers inspired one at the manufacturer website. Insane how much they want retail and how much less the ebay seller had them for. Hmmm...oh well.

15 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, make sure you pick up your certificate for Enabling 101. Points go to @dafunguy for planting the seed, @Kicker773 for always setting the bar high and @505thAirborne for the link to finish the job.

Haha. "Enabling" suggests that all this is bad behavior and we are steering you guys into making bad decisions  ...  which I don't believe is the case.  Instead, I would say we should all get certificates for being "supportive". 

14 minutes ago, dafunguy said:

Haha. "Enabling" suggests that all this is bad behavior and we are steering you guys into making bad decisions  ...  which I don't believe is the case.  Instead, I would say we should all get certificates for being "supportive". 

:lol: Whatever you need to tell yourself to get by.

9 hours ago, physioguy said:

I don’t have the most extensive collection, but thought I’d share my random collection of hi-metals, DX frontier valks and DX 1s

the little IKEA lights help

9C4AE7A9-66F2-4E35-8B6A-900FFA78718B.jpeg

Is that a BESTA Ikea shelf? How does your display look with the glass doors closed?

11 hours ago, physioguy said:

I don’t have the most extensive collection, but thought I’d share my random collection of hi-metals, DX frontier valks and DX 1s

Cool collection!! I like the arrangement.

15 hours ago, physioguy said:

Looks great! Love the shelves and lighting too!