8 hours ago, VF22fan said:

Project: SG - DIY display glass cabinet

Hi guys, Greetings from Singapore!

Instead of buying straight display cabinet from local vendor, I like to do DIY. So, bought most of the material from online. :D

Here's the preview of my display cabinet, DIY myself (just like the feeling building your own scale models). It's cheaper, yet enjoy while building it.

There's still quite number of improvement, such as lighting and laying cables while building it. The gap of the glass is narrow to its minimum. Still, I need to find time to pose/display my Valks.

Finally, Stay safe# and enjoy, guys!;)

Note: Wash your hand before and after touching it.:p

PhotoGrid_1585463347374.jpg.3a68f8d55068fc751bec271a73f6a160.jpg

PhotoGrid_1585463223327.jpg

Looks great!!

3 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Sweet displays and collections everyone!  @DYRL VF-1S love the lights in your detolf!

Thanks man! I got them here for a decent price. Led Strip Lights Waterproof 16.4ft 5m Flexible Color Changing RGB SMD 5050 150leds LED Strip Light Kit with 44 Keys IR Remote Controller and 12V Power Supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DWWMY8J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BolGEbD62N577

1 quantity covers an entire Detolf with a some slack leftover. You can cut the slack too. Great for the price.

First 2 are mainly macross and Star Wars. Last pics what’s left in the room after tearing through all of it trying to organize things in groups. Prob only half way done. A lot of transformers, gundam, miscellaneous toys left to figure out what to do with. 

A404E590-78C2-47C9-898E-ED0E11EBC897.jpeg

EEF16C7B-A2AB-452B-8B63-009EE549218D.jpeg

F3CE9AC2-B624-4BBD-A664-88A8F63EAA6E.jpeg

6 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

What’s bad humidity to store toys in the basement. My little reader  60%. I might get a dehumidifier for down there. 

Yeah, I'd run a dehumidifier down there, especially during the more humid months,  You might also want to consider either covering them in plastic, like a tarp or something, or getting some moisture resistant storage containers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 10:57 PM, Grey728 said:

So I asked everyone to share but I've been too ashamed to show my display. Here's my bedroom that I subject my wife to. Trying hard not to have it creep into the living room but I think it's inevitable haha.

IMG_0713.thumb.JPG.44a8622a790733bf44d32468026edb5d.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

I mean holy crap!  I have a small sampling of every shelf here.  This basically contains a who's who of modern toy collecting.  I could only wish I had this much.  That said, I'm eminently satisfied with my small sampling, given what it is.  But wow, this is just a great collection.  An obvious devotion to the craft.  Well done.

• 4 weeks later...

Ever since I got married and moved into a different home about 10 years ago, I lost touch with Macross World and haven't posted in awhile. I was active during the 1/48 Yamato days, so that's pretty much what I have ... and it seems a lot have changed since then (Yamato is gone, Arcadia's focus on 1/60 scale, and I recently discovered Bandai's DX VF-1s just last week). Well ... Shelter in Place has finally given me time to retrieve my old display case from storage and unpack my old Macross Collection. My most recent purchases have been the 1/3000 SDF-1 and I just received the Bandai VF-1A Max yesterday. That Bandai DX is really awesome ... so I think I'm coming back at a good time! I'm now just waiting for Roy's VF-1S to be release from Bandai (so I can get rid of the roy "place holder" that's currently in the display case). :D

Enjoy the pics.

IMG_6061.jpg

IMG_6088.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

22 minutes ago, dafunguy said:

Ever since I got married and moved into a different home about 10 years ago, I lost touch with Macross World and haven't posted in awhile. I was active during the 1/48 Yamato days, so that's pretty much what I have ... and it seems a lot have changed since then (Yamato is gone, Arcadia's focus on 1/60 scale, and I recently discovered Bandai's DX VF-1s just last week). Well ... Shelter in Place has finally given me time to retrieve my old display case from storage and unpack my old Macross Collection. My most recent purchases have been the 1/3000 SDF-1 and I just received the Bandai VF-1A Max yesterday. That Bandai DX is really awesome ... so I think I'm coming back at a good time! I'm now just waiting for Roy's VF-1S to be release from Bandai (so I can get rid of the roy "place holder" that's currently in the display case). :D

Enjoy the pics.

IMG_6061.jpg

IMG_6088.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

Nice! I see you have a Thunder Hummer Armor kit of some sort too? Sweet!

12 hours ago, dafunguy said:

Yeah, I got the 1/48 Thunder Hummer kit way back in 2008 (through EXO) .... and I still haven’t painted it yet!

Oh cool! Looks good even without the paintjob! And like everyone else, I'm drooling over the helmets. I'd take Max's.

20 hours ago, Slave IV said:

OK, that's a tad over what I'm willing to pay but very sweet! At that price, I would expect a real working spec replica.

20 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

Or you can also get the motorcycle versions.

That's what I did... I threw my hat into some ebay bids and wound up with 5 helmets!

going to be a bit more work than I had thought, but Eventually I will end up with a TV and DYRL Roy, and 3 customs.

Awesome helmets @Kicker773

@sqidd  I have one of these myself and for the price tag they're quite nice ( mine is set up as Shin Kudo's from Macross Zero), the Yamato's are better but they are quite pricey if you can even find one. This seller has Max's & Hikaru's Masei made helmets for sale if you're interested. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Masei-911-Xcross-Jet-US-F14-Tomcat-Motorcycle-Bike-Harley-Helmet-Size-S-M-29/233587024467?hash=item3662df2253:g:ti4AAOSw5XxeXW-2

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Awesome helmets @Kicker773

@sqidd  I have one of these myself and for the price tag they're quite nice ( mine is set up as Shin Kudo's from Macross Zero), the Yamato's are better but they are quite pricey if you can even find one. This seller has Max's & Hikaru's Masei made helmets for sale if you're interested. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Masei-911-Xcross-Jet-US-F14-Tomcat-Motorcycle-Bike-Harley-Helmet-Size-S-M-29/233587024467?hash=item3662df2253:g:ti4AAOSw5XxeXW-2

I don't get it.. how can he be selling it so cheap? Aren't normal motorcycle helmets upwards of $300+? Is he really offering a full helmet here? is it for a child or something?

39 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I don't get it.. how can he be selling it so cheap? Aren't normal motorcycle helmets upwards of $300+? Is he really offering a full helmet here? is it for a child or something?

Well it might be a motorcycle helmet under that custom body frame but these don't seem to be a holding a very high re-sale value like the YAMATO versions. 

I took mine apart years ago to customize it and while it's a motorcycle helmet, it's feel like a very simple & basic helmet as best, DOT approved or not. 

Over the past few years I've seen some of these Masei Helmets whether it be size S/M or L/XL go for as low as $55.00 plus shipping on Ebay. The seller has a 100% rating so at least he seems to be honest. 

This is how mine arrived years ago at my request: 

post-6180-0-08862300-1410195395_thumb.jpgt r

And then what it turned into: 

post-6180-0-58837900-1428086303_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-39722400-1428086352_thumb.jpg

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

$55...I can deal with that. But I don’t feel like painting it so I’ll just continue to enjoy looking at pictures. 

Actually all of the Macross helmets that are still available are all Pre-painted & ready to wear. B))

I specifically ordered my helmet as unpainted so I could customize it. If you want a Roy, Max or Hikaru just keep an eye on Ebay or Amazon and they still pop up for sale. 

5 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Actually all of the Macross helmets that are still available are all Pre-painted & ready to wear. B))

I specifically ordered my helmet as unpainted so I could customize it. If you want a Roy, Max or Hikaru just keep an eye on Ebay or Amazon and they still pop up for sale. 

Ah, good to know. Thanks!

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Well it might be a motorcycle helmet under that custom body frame but these don't seem to be a holding a very high re-sale value like the YAMATO versions. 

I took mine apart years ago to customize it and while it's a motorcycle helmet, it's feel like a very simple & basic helmet as best, DOT approved or not. 

Over the past few years I've seen some of these Masei Helmets whether it be size S/M or L/XL go for as low as $55.00 plus shipping on Ebay. The seller has a 100% rating so at least he seems to be honest. 

This is how mine arrived years ago at my request: 

post-6180-0-08862300-1410195395_thumb.jpgt r

And then what it turned into: 

post-6180-0-58837900-1428086303_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-39722400-1428086352_thumb.jpg

How much did you have to cut away to fit the bubble, and how would you recommend going about it?