Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am trying to re-organize my Macross toy shelf, to make room for a pair of DX Chogokin VF-22S (Max and Miria) that are on their way.

image.png.759274cb8998614b2bed41fae9fc6abf.png

I have grouped my Macross Plus toys together, including the YF-19 from Yamato, Arcadia, and Bandai DX Chogokin..

The lower shelves host my VF-1 collection, a VF-4G, two SDF-1's. VF-1 Armored Parts, etc. (not pictured).

image.png.b2649f5454a59312a41dd1dc32e944ac.png

The top shelves now host my Macross 7 collection. The empty space shown above is where I will stick the two VF-22S.

I sure hope this shelf does not fall apart from all the weight. (crosses fingers)

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

On 5/21/2018 at 9:32 PM, Kicker773 said:

Looking for some sort of Mat that has a mock up of an aircraft carrier.  I could just lie it down on the floor and replay top gun on it, but with Valkyries 

Omg.. That would be so much fun.. Lol

Let me also say wow, that is a beautiful collection! 

On 10/20/2018 at 11:33 AM, aaajin said:

Cleaning shrine, on a futbal-less weekend #GoonersFan

PhotoGrid_1540047272950.thumb.jpg.ba1611a96aedc76561caf6b60a60cb44.jpg

2 hours ago, ralliart209 said:

My macross display section, nothing fancy, just a single detolf with my valks and my hmr's on top 

IMG_5474.JPG

IMG_5475.JPG

IMG_5476.JPG

Great collections and displays guys! I like the cleaner displays like that. Not that there's anything wrong with cramming as many battroids as you can onto a single shelf, but it's great to have them a little spaced out so each valk can stand out more. :)

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Great collections and displays guys! I like the cleaner displays like that. Not that there's anything wrong with cramming as many battroids as you can onto a single shelf, but it's great to have them a little spaced out so each valk can stand out more. :)

Totally agree. I think giving them some space to breathe helps you to better appreciate each one more. 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:40 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

image.png.b2649f5454a59312a41dd1dc32e944ac.png

The top shelves now host my Macross 7 collection. The empty space shown above is where I will stick the two VF-22S.

Have to say, those little clear stands you have are the perfect display posture for the VF-19s.  I'll have to see about grabbing a few once I get some Detolfs to fill. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Have to say, those little clear stands you have are the perfect display posture for the VF-19s.  I'll have to see about grabbing a few once I get some Detolfs to fill. ^_^ 

I got 8 of those stands for $27 from an eBay "Buy It Now" listing. (technically, the price was for 6, but the seller threw in 2 more for free.)

I am also using these stands to hold up the YF-21 and VF-11B.

Overall. I am pretty happy with that purchase.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Just be aware that over long periods (like months?), those stands may leave marks on the contact points between the stand and the valk.
Even some flight pose with rubber nibs were reported to have left marks, altho some say those were from a certain batch.

Edited by seti88

I think the only way to not leave any marks on contact points is if you leave valks on the landing gear*.  Contact with any surface for long enough will leave some kind of mark, either on the valk, or the place it's sitting.

* Technically even the gear will be marked if you leave them in one place long enough, but wear and tear on rubber wheels is easy to hide by retracting the gear.

I've never been overly concerned with laying my valks on hard and flat surfaces for extended periods, as long as things like fins and probes aren't getting stressed..  It's the padded soft ones that give me pause, because of the potential for the material to break down, and leave a smear of molten rubbery mess on your valk, your furniture, or both.

Honestly, I've given a decent amount of thought to finding obscure places to drill mounting points in some of my valks, so I can just set them onto a metal post, and not worry about them getting visibly damaged.

Edited by Chronocidal

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think the only way to not leave any marks on contact points is if you leave valks on the landing gear*.  Contact with any surface for long enough will leave some kind of mark, either on the valk, or the place it's sitting.

* Technically even the gear will be marked if you leave them in one place long enough, but wear and tear on rubber wheels is easy to hide by retracting the gear.

I've never been overly concerned with laying my valks on hard and flat surfaces for extended periods, as long as things like fins and probes aren't getting stressed..  It's the padded soft ones that give me pause, because of the potential for the material to break down, and leave a smear of molten rubbery mess on your valk, your furniture, or both.

Honestly, I've given a decent amount of thought to finding obscure places to drill mounting points in some of my valks, so I can just set them onto a metal post, and not worry about them getting visibly damaged.

If you don't want any wear and tear and smudges, display it kinda like Shizuka did in Fighter mode but this time with the feet opened. No marks. No wear and tear on the wheels. Though you can't do that setup with YF/VF-21/22. ;) 

On 9/28/2018 at 12:35 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Just staring at the valkyries I keep at my office at school....

image.png.45292b8039008096f39ed2105b825af3.png

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, no3Ljm said:

If you don't want any wear and tear and smudges, display it kinda like Shizuka did in Fighter mode but this time with the feet opened. No marks. No wear and tear on the wheels. Though you can't do that setup with YF/VF-21/22. ;) 

Heheh.. honestly, I've always done that.  Easiest and best space-saving way to pose a wide variety of valks.  Some like the Sv-51, VF-27 and VF-17/171 take a little bit of twisting of the feet to get them aligned in a way that'll work, and they're not always entirely stable that way, but it's a huge space saver.  I've even seen someone pull off a YF-21 pose that way by spreading the engine thrust vector petals, but I wouldn't ever want to leave it that way for more than a minute or two. 

The other bugaboo is the YF-29.  The tails and shield are just too long, and the ankles don't extend far enough to really balance it well.  I think the YF-30 might have this issue too, actually, since the tails stick out so far in back.

Now that I think about it though, I wonder if you could extend the YF-21's feet out the back far enough, and twist them around enough for it to stand on them... :p 

The down side of displaying the Arcadia or Bandai YF-19s that way though is that gravity works against the high speed mode wing hinges.  Let them sit too long, and they might start to sag, especially with weapons attached.  The wings are also slightly too long to display that way folded back, since they stick out too far.

Edited by Chronocidal

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 5:14 PM, spanner said:

Day off work today so I thought I'd do some display cabinet de-dusting.. 

Also presented a good photo opportunity!

The DX Delta's! Such a beautiful trio! 

20181205_100438.jpg

20181205_100452.jpg

I didn't know the VF-27 and YF-30 were featured in Delta. :o

They look great flying in formation!

25 minutes ago, Arkham said:

What are those bases called again? Some of the adapters are way to big and fugly...

Flightpose stands. They're all the same round tipped ends just different lengths though.