Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

32 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You guys got a link to the Billy/Oxford shelf? I searched Ikea but the closest I found was a Billy/Oxberg shelf. :unknw:

My continuing quest to free my remaining white valks due to yellowing fears... will need a bigger backdrop soon. (These are all duplicates.)

5a9c16161f320_whitevalksmatter01.thumb.jpg.74a893a05b4c5d7c63802b06d3edcb2a.jpg

Yeah, Oxberg should be right. I was just copy/pasting from the post above mine. 

Sorry for the typo there Lolicon, Slave IV is correct. I somehow got Oxberg and Oxford mixed up while I was typing..

Here's the link if you want it in the Birch/Veneer colour:  http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79023409/. The pricing of the other trim colours will adjust accordingly as per the selection chosen.

Ikea had the Klingsbo display cabinet (the length of the jewelry/make up case that you see in Wal-mart/Nordstrom's/The Bay and the now defunct Sears/Eatons/Zellers/Woolco store chains) a few years back.     

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The liberation of the clones continues. ^_^

5aa6a83613a81_whitevalksmatter03.jpg.66a7f4dd20ce2a71850f2431c9c865c9.jpg

This actually reminds me of Star Wars: AOTC (when you see the waves of the Clone Army being deployed) or in ROTJ (where the Imperial troops are lined up in the Darth Star landing bay and ready for the Emperor's inspection).      

On 05/03/2018 at 6:24 AM, CF18 said:

The main shelf is a Ikea VITTSJÖ.  It's 3 inches wider than DETOLF and is a open shelf so the wings and noses and stick out and I can put tons of valks on each floor.  But of course dust is a big problem.

Same dust prob here, I'm using Ikea PAX as my wife no longer wants to use it as our wardrobe.

_20170925_172415.JPG

Edited by Andy NYK

On 3/13/2018 at 7:55 PM, Andy NYK said:

Same dust prob here, I'm using Ikea PAX as my wife no longer wants to use it as our wardrobe.

_20170925_172415.JPG

Awesome display Brother but that top shelf looks like it's bowing. Not sure if it's the angle of shot but if not you might want to flip the shelf. That would be an expensive avalanche. 

The ever growing duplicate army. ^_^ 

Still on the fence as to which Hikaru 1S I'd like to keep as my 'main' valk: the PF version or my old Yamato with rainbow canopy (bottom right). :unknw:

Oh there's something wrong with one of the VF-1s. Can anyone spot it?

5aac3b2ddaaac_whitevalksmatter04.jpg.0615ed2e13d6cc875c100be6a67824ba.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Still on the fence as to which Hikaru 1S I'd like to keep as my 'main' valk: the PF version or my old Yamato with rainbow canopy (bottom right). :unknw:

Just a guess here. The TV Roy? Because it is not sporting the proper head since it doesn't have the black arrow(?). That is assuming all of the VF-1's here are Yamato and not Arcadia.

20 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just a guess here. The TV Roy? Because it is not sporting the proper head since it doesn't have the black arrow(?). That is assuming all of the VF-1's here are Yamato and not Arcadia.

Good eye. ;)  It's TV Roy with a DYRL head. There are no Arcadia valks in there.

15 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Max

On 3/16/2018 at 6:54 PM, no3Ljm said:

Did I won a prize or something? Hahaha! :lol:

Since you have such a good eye, we'll call you Hawkeye, everyone's favorite Avenger. :)

9 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

is there an arcadia VF-1S hikaru that's got the same really bright white as that VF-1S roy?

All the Arcadia VF-1s are super bright white. 

On 16/03/2018 at 10:09 PM, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Awesome display Brother but that top shelf looks like it's bowing. Not sure if it's the angle of shot but if not you might want to flip the shelf. That would be an expensive avalanche. 

Thx, bro. It is bowing, due to the weight of clothes when we used it as a wardrobe. But now basically low weight load, all boxes are empty. So it is all good. Just waiting for the last piece (DX VF-31S + Armoured Pack) for Macross Delta now.

Edited by Andy NYK

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, db626 said:

Got a lot out of this awesome forum, time to contribute some back. Detolf setup with fishing lines to squeeze most out of space.

02390F1E-6B81-4275-A6D1-61C17E13917F.jpeg

28E96F41-1173-435E-91E3-44602029A939.jpeg

Nice display and use of string! I was thinking about doing the same for a couple of my figures to free up space.