Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

20 hours ago, ChristopherB said:

It's great to see your collection David, very impressive!  You've also made some very good suggestions with regard to storage.  I didn't realize how easily the boxes can bend, I'll need to be more careful in the future.  I really like the way you've displayed the boxes inside of the bookcase, nicely done. B))

That's why I've asking you for the boxes ;)

Edited by Darotower

10 hours ago, Darotower said:

I put them all in a bookshelf and looks really cool for me but I was thinking in add some wrapping to the boxes to protect them better

Hey great shelf Darotower =) yeah definitely wrap them,  i can see the  VT-1 box on your shelf already bending in the backm at least tie a thin strip that you can slide on and off easy to keep it in shape

10 hours ago, spanner said:

holy crappamunga! how many Valkyrie you actually own!?!? :shok:

Plz spanner, you probably have just as many boxes:p 

7 hours ago, ChristopherB said:

It's great to see your collection David, very impressive!  You've also made some very good suggestions with regard to storage.  I didn't realize how easily the boxes can bend, I'll need to be more careful in the future.  I really like the way you've displayed the boxes inside of the bookcase, nicely do B))

just rearranged my display table below =)

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Darotower = King of Valk Box Displays

+1

3 hours ago, hkj711 said:

Great job on the wrapping and bookshelf display!  I wish I could display my stuff like that!

yes! join in the on wrapping! you can do it =)

1 hour ago, Darotower said:

26, the whole Yamato VF-1 Collection except for the weathering versions! :D

i finished wrapping most of my valks and rearranging my display table, it used to be gundams until last night:

f7Th545l.png

i converted it into a VF-1 display table :wub:

KJ1VK3th.png

what's on the table: (the green bubble wrap is a VT-1)

4RbvKGil.png

E6vZGLah.png

5I0ubt5h.png

Vol1HBmh.png

NM54Crah.png

here's the weathering versions wrapped:

I82FoNZh.png

double copy of weathering Max VF-1S(left) kaki and max waethering 1a (right)

SYnjBZRh.png

weathering hikaru 1j is the hardest weathering valk to get, roy and hikaru weathering 1s are easy to get 

pTQW08Zh.png

some rare stuff:

sdf-1 mini and protoculture city

6RFxBd4h.png

mzy4mOgl.png

jrOq5ptl.png

Uj6ImYBl.png

zH4mVcql.png

arcadia yf-19 supers in tan Tenjin colors

YjgXlZ1l.png

6l3RmaNl.jpg

DrcFkCwl.png

official max 1a zentraedi suits

EcUbcgul.png

32 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Where is the jaw dropping emoticon on this forum? :lol:

Now I wonder... Is this thread still about Maintaining and Reinforcing? Or it's about showcasing 'Hard-To-Get' Macross stuff? :lol:

By the way, Slave. Here you go...

6m0EYqs.gif

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Now I wonder... Is this thread still about Maintaining and Reinforcing? Or it's about showcasing 'Hard-To-Get' Macross stuff? :lol:

By the way, Slave. Here you go...

6m0EYqs.gif

a lot of both! i wanted to reinforce my boxes and took out all my VF-1's out of storage. last night i wanted to test them out and changed up my display wall.

the wraps work really well and now i don't have to worry about stacking them on top of each other 

bump for new page^_^

showing off the collection and strength of wrapped boxes:wub::wub::wub:

53 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Hey great shelf Darotower =) yeah definitely wrap them,  i can see the  VT-1 box on your shelf already bending in the backm at least tie a thin strip that you can slide on and off easy to keep it in shape

+1

i finished wrapping most of my valks and rearranging my display table, it used to be gundams until last night:

f7Th545l.png

i converted it into a VF-1 display table :wub:

KJ1VK3th.png

what's on the table: (the green bubble wrap is a VT-1)

4RbvKGil.png

E6vZGLah.png

5I0ubt5h.png

Vol1HBmh.png

NM54Crah.png

here's the weathering versions wrapped:

I82FoNZh.png

double copy of weathering Max VF-1S(left) kaki and max waethering 1a (right)

SYnjBZRh.png

weathering hikaru 1j is the hardest weathering valk to get, roy and hikaru weathering 1s are easy to get 

pTQW08Zh.png

some rare stuff:

sdf-1 mini and protoculture city

6RFxBd4h.png

mzy4mOgl.png

jrOq5ptl.png

Uj6ImYBl.png

zH4mVcql.png

arcadia yf-19 supers in tan Tenjin colors

YjgXlZ1l.png

6l3RmaNl.jpg

DrcFkCwl.png

official max 1a zentraedi suits

EcUbcgul.png

4 hours ago, Old Man said:

Where's a good place to pick up some cellophane? Amazon?

hey Old Man, how's it going?  (it looks like these posts got moved to clean up a bare empty site, i guess too many beauty shots.

here's a link to what i ordered from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M02ASVX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

anubis20 ordered a roll and it produced great results for him,

if you try it out, let me know how it goes.

3 hours ago, linitrofe said:

6m0EYqs.gif

thanks!

To the Mod or mods/admin, i understand moving the collection pictures but i think the thread is helpful tips with taking care of boxes and should either be moved to a maintenance thread or warrant it's own topic. please consider as it's not just display photos but some info.

thanks,

9 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

pTQW08Zh.png

some rare

Nice collection! I've been getting some of the weathering versions and only want  the Roy VF-1S at this point.  Unfortunately, the Roy VF-1S is proving a bit hard to find for a decent price.

Just now, hkj711 said:

Nice collection! I've been getting some of the weathering versions and only want  the Roy VF-1S at this point.  Unfortunately, the Roy VF-1S is proving a bit hard to find for a decent price.

hey hkj711, i'll keep a lookout for you. i see him pop up once in awhile. i know the weathering versions don't come up too often.  did you see ChristopherB's sale's thread? i know it's taken already but he had a roy weathering up for grabs a few days ago.

if i see another roy weathering, i'll pm you:) if you're interested in a Hikaru 1s weathering let me know, i seen one available.  

6 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey hkj711, i'll keep a lookout for you. i see him pop up once in awhile. i know the weathering versions don't come up too often.  did you see ChristopherB's sale's thread? i know it's taken already but he had a roy weathering up for grabs a few days ago.

if i see another roy weathering, i'll pm you:) if you're interested in a Hikaru 1s weathering let me know, i seen one available.  

Thanks David! Appreciate your help! Yeah, I saw ChristopherB's sale but I would like to get one complete with a box. As for Hikaru, I already picked one up at Jungle a little while ago so I'm good there! Thanks again and please keep posting pics of your amazing collection!

Edited by hkj711

2 hours ago, hkj711 said:

I agree! All weathering versions are expensive now, decent price for those models is almost impossible!

Edited by Darotower

12 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

+1

Impressive collection David! I'm planning to wrap boxes with wrap plastic film and I can leave the one side of the box open to remove the tray/valkyrie

Many thanks to David for the recommendation on which cellophane wrap to use. I had tried this before and got a roll from Michaels but it was super thin and tore with nothing. I started wrapping some boxes last night, it really helped with my 1A Hikaru box. Im gonna do some more tonight, im starting with whatever i have handy, other stuff is buried deep in the closet :lol:

DF39933B-0CA6-4C5B-836A-A8D0CAAA5A5F.jpg

010E66FC-25B8-4B99-BF39-8BC9935A8423.jpg

32 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Many thanks to David for the recommendation on which cellophane wrap to use. I had tried this before and got a roll from Michaels but it was super thin and tore with nothing. I started wrapping some boxes last night, it really helped with my 1A Hikaru box. Im gonna do some more tonight, im starting with whatever i have handy, other stuff is buried deep in the closet :lol:

DF39933B-0CA6-4C5B-836A-A8D0CAAA5A5F.jpg

010E66FC-25B8-4B99-BF39-8BC9935A8423.jpg

that cellophane wrap looks great!

10 hours ago, Darotower said:

Impressive collection David! I'm planning to wrap boxes with wrap plastic film and I can leave the one side of the box open to remove the tray/valkyrie

hey Darotower,

in case you missed the link i shared, not sure if you have Prime but this stuff is quality at a good cost:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M02ASVX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 hour ago, hkj711 said:

After you guys wrap those boxes combined with all your display layouts makes them look like they should belong in a museum!:lol:

it'll very collectible for the next person if i ever give up the collection =)

On 5/5/2017 at 4:05 AM, Darotower said:

26, the whole Yamato VF-1 Collection except for the weathering versions! :D

Nice! :good:

On 5/5/2017 at 6:28 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

hehe! yeah... I have more.. :lol: :unsure:

38 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Sharing a few random pics I took while messing with a new backdrop. :) Just need to iron out the folds from shipping.

*snips*

Would you know if a low heat iron takes out those wrinkles? Bought a cheap vinyl background to goof off with but couldn't figure out how to get rid of the wrinkles.

19 hours ago, seti88 said:

i got lost in time mouse scrolling sh9000's collection. :huh: ;)

You and me both. 

Many of you guys have very impressive collections. Makes me wish I had gotten into Macross earlier, back when the price of those 1/60s wasn't so high. Plus I just don't have the storage space. (Two reasons why I'm loving the HMR line.)

4 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Would you know if a low heat iron takes out those wrinkles? Bought a cheap vinyl background to goof off with but couldn't figure out how to get rid of the wrinkles.

I'll let you know after I attempt to iron it. :o

Hello,

Long time lurker, occasional poster, anyway, after a bad patch, picked collection a new, thought I'd share my small re-collection. 1st photo have 1/48 VF-1J which I still love with an Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S & VF-0D. Then Arcadia YF-19 with HMR Regult & Milia ;) the moon is some light I bought on sale thought it would give a neat affect at night.

IMG_20170502_073206.jpg

IMG_20170506_150539.jpg