Humming and hawing about these 1/60 M&M preorders put me in the mood to have a bit of fun with the handful of 1/60s that I do have.

8BJ3pt8.jpg

I think I'd feel a lot better about getting M&M in this scale if I could also get super parts for Hikaru.  Otherwise, I'd be duplicating exactly what I already have in 1/48 (minus a CF) and that just feels silly lol.

2 hours ago, Acteon said:

I like to think all these awesome collections give me something to aspire to. My Macross collection is pretty paltry, but thanks to some new display cabinets, what I have is now proudly on display in my lounge :) 

D5CB02CA-38F6-4870-B73B-B8FF3473CF1A_zps

9CA06827-205D-40E8-89B6-1C799C403146_zps

D614AA97-21B0-410D-9F13-AC126DA75A50_zps

Nice cabinets...I like their color....cool lounge!

53 minutes ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

That's a lovely home you got there. Once I hit the lotto I'll have one too, guess I better start playing. :lol:

Heh, I live in the loft of an old enamel factory by the river in North England. It's really not as grand as it sounds, but I've lived here in my man pad for 15 years - all the retro consoles, Transformers and anime figures are subtly deployed ;)

9 hours ago, Acteon said:

I like to think all these awesome collections give me something to aspire to. My Macross collection is pretty paltry, but thanks to some new display cabinets, what I have is now proudly on display in my lounge :) 

D614AA97-21B0-410D-9F13-AC126DA75A50_zps

beautiful display! what brand of cabinet is that?

8 hours ago, ZorClone said:

Humming and hawing about these 1/60 M&M preorders put me in the mood to have a bit of fun with the handful of 1/60s that I do have.

8BJ3pt8.jpg

I think I'd feel a lot better about getting M&M in this scale if I could also get super parts for Hikaru.  Otherwise, I'd be duplicating exactly what I already have in 1/48 (minus a CF) and that just feels silly lol.

simple, clean and elegant! Love it!

5 hours ago, Acteon said:

Aw, thanks - they're new at IKEA, I think they blend in quite well

B502906D-B1F4-4845-AE90-66413DC73B01_zps

1 hour ago, Acteon said:

Heh, I live in the loft of an old enamel factory by the river in North England. It's really not as grand as it sounds, but I've lived here in my man pad for 15 years - all the retro consoles, Transformers and anime figures are subtly deployed ;)

I'd love a place like that! 

9 hours ago, Acteon said:

D5CB02CA-38F6-4870-B73B-B8FF3473CF1A_zps

Your place looks amazing! Where'd the giant Mylene come from?

1 hour ago, spanner said:

something isn't quite right about her head.. her eyes look like they are being pulled further away from each other by the intense gravitational fields between a pair of companion stars!

LOL yeah the face isn't perfect but I never knew they made a giant Mylene. Curious where it came from. 

Bandai where's my giant Ranka? :angry:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

LOL yeah the face isn't perfect but I never knew they made a giant Mylene. Curious where it came from. 

Bandai where's my giant Ranka? :angry:

who cares about Bandai.. where's my real life Ranka! :D oh wait.. is that weird for a 40 year old man to be asking? :unsure:

That's why there is freya who is a teen in actual years, but supposedly middle aged in winderemeran terms. :wacko:

But gimme a grown up but not too grown up hot minmay anytime!
Or even a sexy misa...hmmm i said too much :D

Edited by seti88

19 hours ago, Acteon said:

If having a lounge isn't classy enough, that display and collection surely makes it classier. :p

11 hours ago, arbit said:

That's a BIG Mylene!

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Your place looks amazing! Where'd the giant Mylene come from?

I picked up the resin kit years ago, a friend made it for me and added the Gubaba as a little extra. It's resin, not vinyl as stated in the listing:

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/33049

the story I was told was that it was limited to 300 and available only with preview tickets to the Macross Plus movie, but whether that's true or not I couldn't say. The listing says it was exclusive to the Macross 95 festival, which seems more likely.

Edited by Acteon

7 hours ago, spanner said:

who cares about Bandai.. where's my real life Ranka! :D oh wait.. is that weird for a 40 year old man to be asking? :unsure:

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

That's why there is freya who is a teen in actual years, but supposedly middle aged in winderemeran terms. :wacko:

But gimme a grown up but not too grown up hot minmay anytime!
Or even a sexy misa...hmmm i said too much :D

I think all that goes out the window when you have a middle aged 14 year old an adult 3 year old... and they're fictional anyway. ;)

Also, let's not forget that Miria had her first kid at like 17... :unsure:

35 minutes ago, Acteon said:

I picked up the resin kit years ago, a friend made it for me and added the Gubaba as a little extra. It's resin, not vinyl as stated in the listing:

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/33049

the story I was told was that it was limited to 300 and available only with preview tickets to the Macross Plus movie, but whether that's true or not I couldn't say. The listing says it was exclusive to the Macross 95 festival, which seems more likely.

Pretty cool nonetheless having such a rare item! 

I do like the rare stuff - it's amazing how much anime collectibles have come on since I started back in '93! As I've been running The UK Anime Network for 20+ years (www.uk-Anime.net if anyone is curious) I've picked up a lot of oddities in my time, but only really started getting big on Macross in the last few years. I think I picked up that Mylene around 2000.

Oh, and the cabinets are from Ikea if anyone is interested - the ability to vary the shelf height is very useful!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/cabinets-sideboards/fabrikör-glass-door-cabinet-blue-art-00363171/

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Very impressed everytime I see this diorama!!! So awesome!!!

Thanks....I have enjoyed rotating my collection of valks within it....as a fighter-mode fan, the hangar idea worked best for me...

57 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

Thats some hell of a concert JVMacross, why are you unpacking, are you moving ?

Sayonara concert!....

but, yeah....moving soon....but I am also considering going all-out HMR with it...but need more 1/100 accessories....tough to find....1/72 worked well for the 1/60....but they are too big for 1/100 and the 1/144 stuff is way too small.....the 1/100 Macross factory kit is about the only game in town, but I have no patience, skill or time to build them...I'd pay some good money for a completed set(s).....wish the Chinese could do some KOs! :help: 

Anyways, if I go HMR, I could re-purpose more of the Chain Bases since the mechs are half the size or less.....I have this in mind with all the destroids coming out....

Daedelus-class-Assault-Landing-Vessel-in

gallery_12176_640_2114877.jpg

On 4/24/2017 at 11:22 AM, jvmacross said:

Some final pics before dismantling....

large.20170423_161748.jpg.8120a9fed4bffc

large.20170423_161724.jpg.f1d93b6e3f938c

large.20170423_161643.jpg.d62df5aabfe410

large.20170423_161437.jpg.bf84e7cc8c1923

large.20170423_124718.jpg.df65eca730fa42

large.20170423_124620.jpg.4cd7ca0917fd27