Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

There are 4 light strips in each cabinet, got the 2nd one done yesterday.. friendly piece of advise... put the lights in AS you build your Detolf.. trust me on this.. LOL.

Where did you install each of them? It's hard to tell due to the reflections in the glass. Would you also happen to have a link to the lights?

Sorry for all the questions but I've had a similar project on my mind. I was planning on using flexible LED strips down the sides with a remote control but the amount of work to get it to look nice has caused me to hesitate. I would love to replicate the results you have achieved.

No problem..happy to help..The lights are from Ikea, I don't have a link, but I can post a pic of the box when I get home tonight. I use one strip per shelf under the top wooden shelf and then under the next 3 glass shelves. Be advised -- the included sticky strips don't hold well, especially on the wood top. I had to get some dual locking heavy duty velcro and cut small strips..so far they are holding

Edited by derex3592

No problem..happy to help..The lights are from Ikea, I don't have a link, but I can post a pic of the box when I get home tonight. I use one strip per shelf under the top wooden shelf and then under the next 3 glass shelves. Be advised -- the included sticky strips don't hold well, especially on the wood top. I had to get some dual locking heavy duty velcro and cut small strips..so far they are holding

Thanks for the information. Greatly appreciated. If you have the name of the lights I can look them up.

very nice, JV! B))

Thanks! Getting kind of worried abour Bandai's lack of any more destroid announcements....

What scale is that?

1/100 from Bandai...made as accessories for Gundam....but are good stand-ins for Macross....would be nice if Bandai released some accessories for their HMR line...

Thought we had similar thread before?

ANyway, here's what's left

4856972686_4e65cf2231_z.jpg

Bandai 1990 VF-1S

4856976100_2cab3c97ee_z.jpg

Takatoku Grenade Box Protector VF-1S

4856357293_f233fc924f_z.jpg

DYRL VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

4856974010_11ce0f42bf_z.jpg

DYRL Elintseeker

4856355385_b8c0461bb8_z.jpg

Takatoku VF-1S

4856354011_0a898c1496_z.jpg

Various 1/55

4856971440_01502dbee7_z.jpg

4856356685_e34839abe7_z.jpg

Oh man talk about chunky lovin. I love the chunkies. They're not quite as accurate as the new ones but you can't deny their durability

• 2 weeks later...

There are 4 light strips in each cabinet, got the 2nd one done yesterday.. friendly piece of advise... put the lights in AS you build your Detolf.. trust me on this.. LOL.

Hey derex can you share which type of ñed strip did you use? I got some sylvania and thet work alright. Planning tl get more of then for my new display

boxes and boxes and boxes or pure goodness! :p:lol:

HEHEH you said it spanner!

I can't wait to unleash my collection one day :D

Ive being feeling like that since i started collecting valks, thats what made me get the display and arrange everything

HEHEH you said it spanner!

nice place you have there too! we use to have visible rafters like that on the ceiling in my old old old place which worked well for hanging my planes and star ships from.. my partner at the time liked it cos my stuff didn't occupy shelf and table space but she didn't like getting the ladder out to de-dust them every few weeks..