my brothers girlfriend is visiting the u.s. for the first time froma japan and brought me a copy of flashback on laserdisc. i used to own a copy back in the day but lost it. so i threw it in here for the time being.

Nice! Congrats! ;)

But... what's a laserdisc? :D

hahaha. right. i told some folks at work about it. and the twentyseven year old asked the same thing.

Years ago, I was twenty seven too. But I still don't know what's a laserdisc is.

Hahaha! :D j/k

But to be honest, back in the day when those are still the next best things. I thought they were just a chrome looking vinyl records. Hehehe. :D

Sometimes I think to myself "how do young people not know what this stuff is? I'm young and and I've heard of laser disks and corded phones." Then I realize it's probably because I hang around with old people too much. :rolleyes:

I actually still have a functional Pioneer Laserdisc player, I hooked it back up a few years ago to try to watch my unedited Star Wars Definitive Collection discs, but man, on a 65" plasma 1080p set, they just don't hold up like they did back on a 32" tube..LOL!

I did have a small collection of laser disc movies but never the player itself.. if i ever wanted to watch one of the movies id just go over to my cousins place and use his. I only ever bought the discs cos i also had a good collection of vinyl records and i liked that the size and sleeve art was pretty good. All of which i sold off to my cousin..

How many people here actually owned a laserdisc player? I never did. My childhood was the VHS era.

I'm more of a Betamax kid. ;) I was already in college when we got our first VHS player. And it was a hands-down thing. :rolleyes:

How many people here actually owned a laserdisc player? I never did. My childhood was the VHS era.

I only knew one person that had LD, although i was a kid and my dad wasnt convinced by the tech.

^ Just to let you know, you're not supposed to have pictures in your signature.

Looks like it's safe to put images, sh9000.

Here's what I saw on the edit signature section:

Your signature may contain:

• Any number images • Images of any size • Any number of URLs • Any number of lines

For its price, it's quite nice as a warm-up to Macross Delta valks physically. Not skill demanding but just tricky due to its small scale.

Glad to read that they're ok quality-wise. The vf-1 kits kept falling apart on me

So im finally back home from the UK and first order of business was to get my Arcadia VF-4G transformed and on display! :D

The transformation was not as overly complicated as I was expecting and I have to admit it does look pretty good in battroid.. ^_^

Also put my 2nd VF-27b on display as a cf variant.. And my MPP10 Prime is looking very smart with his Autobot symbol in place! B))

20160626_151443.jpg

20160626_151518.jpg

20160626_151753.jpg

Edited by spanner

Those 27s are looking pretty sharp, spanner!

Glad you're loving your new Arcadia 4G in battroid.

they do look pretty bloody good altogether eh!

yeah I have long been skeptical about the VF-4 in battroid mode but of late it has certainly grown on me!