Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

Thanks! I love the Hi-Metals. The CMS Legioss/Tread are very cool and difficult to put down. I love the small "action figures" also (as you can tell)...Revoltechs, Robot Spirits, Gnu-Dou...all fun to pick up and play with. Still a lot to get, but very low on room...

Edited by easnoddy

Mussafar, I've done that before. Now, i have to be really interested in something to even take a step towards buying it.

Easnoddy, I only have one Alpha, and it is a Toynami. I bought it when it was released, opened it, and sold it. Then, I bought it again and it never left the box.

I never researched the line well enough to buy the fun ones. I don't even know where the Toynami is anymore. Maybe I should sell it again, lol.

I was so in love with the Legios ever since Robotech aired back then. Oh, and I've never had one of the cyclones.

I dont have any of the CMS mospeada/cyclones, but they keep going up in price. The lancer/blowsuperior is $200, and these are small toys. The legioss and tread (especially) are very plastic, but have very rigid clicking ractheted joints. The non-ratchet joints, especially the feet which are super loose and there's no easy way to tighten them. Overall very satisfying nostalgia toys for the hundred or so I paid for them.

The toynami alpha is a decent sculpt, but the hands are garbage and there's a lot of problems with them. The beta is more solid but the hips have a weak ratchet mechanism. The overall failure of that toy is the diecast lower legs, they're huge and heavy and a real drawback to the toy. I don't own the toynami alpha anymore, sold the 2 I had.

Both have wonky/badly designed link up mechanisms.

[align=left]My 1/60 Macross Collection! An update[/align]

[align=left]Almost done for old stuff, will focus on new release and won't get old stuff anymore~[/align]http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2016/03/my-macross-collection-update.html

2016-03-21-17.jpg

[align=left][float=left]2016-03-21-17.05.jpg[/float][/align]

[align=left][float=left]2016-03-21-17.08.jpg[/float][/align]

[align=left][float=left]2016-03-21-17.13.jpg[/float][/align]

[align=left][float=left]2016-03-21-17.14.jpg[/float][/align]

[align=left][float=left]2016-03-21-17.14b.jpg[/float][/align]

One of these things is not like the otheeerr!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well, he's an honorary member.

Though I can see why we would be confused, since he's missing his single fast pack and is slightly modified from when he defended the SDF.

[align=left]My 1/60 Macross Collection! An update[/align]

[align=left]Almost done for old stuff, will focus on new release and won't get old stuff anymore~[/align]http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2016/03/my-macross-collection-update.html

2016-03-21-17.jpg

[align=left][float=left]2016-03-21-17.05.jpg[/float][/align]

[align=left][float=left]2016-03-21-17.08.jpg[/float][/align]

[align=left][float=left]2016-03-21-17.13.jpg[/float][/align]

[align=left][float=left]2016-03-21-17.14.jpg[/float][/align]

[align=left][float=left]2016-03-21-17.14b.jpg[/float][/align]

But I'm afraid that the super VF-1S Roy isn't 1/60 :p

thanks noel, i have 2 copies. If i ever sell one, i'll pm you first!

Hey David. Out of curiosity how's the color brown? Is it near Kaki's VF-1A TV color or more of the standard VF-1A CF TV colors? Thanks! :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey David. Out of curiosity how's the color brown? Is it near Kaki's VF-1A TV color or more of the standard VF-1A CF TV colors? Thanks! :)

it's like kaki's

here's a comparison:

1O9hW1bl.jpgjEShByul.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Cool! Looks like it will go perfectly together with Kaki's VF-1A. ;) Thanks David!

yeah, i like them both as they have unique shades.

So wish I had bought one of those VF-1J's when they released, who'd of known they become so rare and oh so expensive now!

Oh so true. I wasn't in the game back then but that VF-1J is now part of my VF-1 wishlist besides VF-1D and VT-1. ;) So I also wish that Arcadia will reissue those like what they did with VF-4G. :)

So wish I had bought one of those VF-1J's when they released, who'd of known they become so rare and oh so expensive now!

Wish I would have bought 3 of them, I was heavy(ier) into multiples when that VF-1J was released. Oh well...

-b.

I didn't get one when they first released sadly, but I did get one a little further down the road, still paid almost 3 times original price, but I felt it was worth it, as everything else I got at list price. It's what I feel was the peak of the Yamato VF-1s along with the Elint and grey Roy, and dark blue Cavelier. The tampo on it is really cool.