blah.. it was bad enough that there was a chunky dressed up as Jetfire but who in their right mind would convert one into a transformer.. yuck.

I've seen a ton of custom paintjobs to do exactly that, because they wanted it to basically be a "masterpiece" version of the old toy. Pointless, IMO, since it looks nothing like the cartoon character but eh, whatever.

Glad to know your fix worked out great. ;)

Yes, me too! Turned out really well :D

Nice pics! Is that out of camera or some sepia effects added? :)

It's just my iPhone with the snapseed App!

Contrast, sharpness, Vignette and Drama Effect in low size ;)

Thats all!

And sadly my only cam, wish i had a really good one to take high class pics.

But thanks 👍

nice job getting Humpty Dumpty back together again! hehe! ;):p:D

It was risky but it was totally worth it and i think it will Last a looong Time :)

did a bit of work on the main displays to get the lighting as balanced as possible. the individual displays don't matter so much.

cheap crappy LED lights..

20160229_202815.jpg

Looks so nice and clean!

That looks pretty amazing for cheap crappy LED lights! :)

They are cheap and a bit nasty and require some maintenance as some leds drop out from time to time. But when they are all working as they should they work quite well!

I had to replace a few flickering leds and a few that died which was a tricky thing to do as the soldering points are tiny! I couldn't use the mains powered soldering iron and had to use my gas powered one being smaller and lighter with a finer tip.

I also robbed borrowed the lux meter from work and tested the light output of each coil of leds so the 3 main displays brightness is as equal as possible as originally you could notice the difference especially on low to mid brightness settings. Max brightness was less noticeable. Only painful thing was pulling them all down and applying fresh double sided tape and sticking them all back up.

Job now done but im still considering replacing them all with better quality brighter led strips. Or maybe doubling the led count on each strip.

Very nice towers of light spanner! I like how every level is lit (even the bottom) and after that it scales upwards.

Never tot side lighting could scale so high... B));)

Thanks mate! The top and bottom levels lighting is a problem. I didn't make the strips long enough as I made an error when I originally cut them all up. There is a horizontal strip that runs along the top bar to add brightness but I couldn't do the same for the bottom shelf as I didn't want led strip and wiring visible cos it looked ugly.

Fantastic displays!

Thanks! :)

*snipped*

It was risky but it was totally worth it and i think it will Last a looong Time :)

Looks so nice and clean!

Im glad you got it sorted and can now enjoy it in one piece! Might just have to treat her with gentle hands!

Thanks! :)

Spanner........that's just magnificent.

:D

Edited by spanner76

Thanks Saburo! :) But tonight I just found another dead led.. :rolleyes:<_<

That sucks, but you are upgrading can't wait to see Spanner's Renewal Display.

You should add some dance club lights. Have them going while Minmay's songs or any Macross music playing as people view your collection. The Macross Experience! :D:lol:

Edited by Saburo

That sucks, but you are upgrading can't wait to see Spanner's Renewal Display.

You should add some dance club lights. Have them going while Minmay's songs or any Macross music playing as people view your collection. The Macross Experience! :D:lol:

Hehe! That's a neat idea! But maybe a little too much effort required for my liking.. ;)

did a bit of work on the main displays to get the lighting as balanced as possible. the individual displays don't matter so much.

20160229_202815.jpg

Lovely set-up Spanner. I can feel the VF-1 love already. :wub:

Thanks Noel! :) yeah lots of VF-1 love for me! :D

Man, those 'orange' valks really stands out. ;) May I ask which is more brighter orange between those two? :rolleyes:

So Arcadia, any plans on reissuing those Orange Valks? :lol:

Thanks Spanner! I just finished setting up mini photo studio. I am going to take some pictures with good lighting soon.

sorry about the crappy quality pictures.

edit in: These are older pictures, but the display has hardly changed over the years. I still need to include M&Ms VF-22 valkyries there somehow.

Can you believe i've never opened any of my five V2 1/60 vf-1? i still have the 1/72 yamato releases, and nearly all of the the V1 1/60 xD

The Vt-1 and Ve-1 are actually V1 1/60 on these pics.

Edited by vlenhoff

How much disposable income does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?...I mean, to complete a macross collection? At the rate the new valkyries are coming out every year, the world may never know.

That is always up to you. It is not like you can't sell them if you get tired of them.

How much disposable income does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?...I mean, to complete a macross collection? At the rate the new valkyries are coming out every year, the world may never know.

As vlenhoff said it is up to you to define the scope of your collection. I think the best rule is buy what you like but if you have severe mental problems (like myself ^_^) some artificial rules might help.

To give an example: I'm a completionist. I love to have complete lines of toys that are their own entity. So one rule is to only buy toys that have molding differences. So I would buy a VF-0A/S/D but no VF-0A CF since I have the Shin version already. Or I want to have a VF-1 collection but I don't want to be complete on all the VF-1 Yamcadia ever released so I limit myself only to DYRL? releases so the collection is manageable. Or you could say you only want a Macross Plus collection of 1/60 Valkyries which are three releases and you're done.

Don't be to strict otherwise it won't be fun. I for example have a VF-25G and A which violated my rules but that is ok because I'm crazy. ^_^

20160229_202815.jpg

great display spanner!

Edited by Mr Bomber

Thanks guys, I'm very happy with my current collection, but I do feel some of them will have to go. Specially the ones not on display.

I've got what I wanted, now I just need to focus my collection. Unfortunately not many people are interested in V1 1/60 scale. For better or worse we helped pave the way for the amazing collectibles we have today and that's fine by me.

Oh, and Spanner, your collection/display is amazing! Great tread guys!

Edited by vlenhoff

As vlenhoff said it is up to you to define the scope of your collection. I think the best rule is buy what you like but if you have severe mental problems (like myself ^_^) some artificial rules might help.

To give an example: I'm a completionist. I love to have complete lines of toys that are their own entity. So one rule is to only buy toys that have molding differences. So I would buy a VF-0A/S/D but no VF-0A CF since I have the Shin version already. Or I want to have a VF-1 collection but I don't want to be complete on all the VF-1 Yamcadia ever released so I limit myself only to DYRL? releases so the collection is manageable. Or you could say you only want a Macross Plus collection of 1/60 Valkyries which are three releases and you're done.

Don't be to strict otherwise it won't be fun. I for example have a VF-25G and A which violated my rules but that is ok because I'm crazy. ^_^

I know what you mean by crazy. I bought one Future GPX car at a sale price from HLJ and now I have four. And I don't even like GPX! I also tried to only have one YF-29 but I ended up with all the variants. And it's not even my favorite valk! The same with the VF-25, I have all of them. This is why I stopped buy Transformers years ago cause they keep coming.

It's true I can sell my stuff at any time but I'm only gonna do that if I need money for an Emergency. In the meantime, I'm gonna take some pics and post them here someday. :D