Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

My collection is not as big as most here. Still, I've spent the last three weekends improving its home.

My collection had been living on my mantelpiece, but it was a bit cramped, and in the darkest part of the mancave.

image.jpg2_zpszr0pcynm.jpg

There wasn't enough room to really display my Alpha and Beta, much less my VF-25G with its tornado parts.

So I spent the last three weekends building out a new mantelpiece. I tried to come up with a way to incorporate the flight deck from the USS Flagg, but that wasn't particularly safe. Instead, I built the new mantelpiece out and incorporated LED strips along the front and back in recessed channels.

image.jpg1_zpssihjaoxe.jpg

I'm really happy with the result.

--G

My collection is not as big as most here. Still, I've spent the last three weekends improving its home.

My collection had been living on my mantelpiece, but it was a bit cramped, and in the darkest part of the mancave.

image.jpg2_zpszr0pcynm.jpg

There wasn't enough room to really display my Alpha and Beta, much less my VF-25G with its tornado parts.

So I spent the last three weekends building out a new mantelpiece. I tried to come up with a way to incorporate the flight deck from the USS Flagg, but that wasn't particularly safe. Instead, I built the new mantelpiece out and incorporated LED strips along the front and back in recessed channels.

I'm really happy with the result.

--G

Your place must be super huge.

The man-cave is 12'2" across. It's the largest room in the basement, and the house generally. I suppose that's one of the trade offs for becoming middle aged. The waistline and the living space have expanded since my youth.

Hahaha! You're not alone on the latter part Goobermunch. But great collection! ;)

awesome display Dapro! B)) I have my VF-1D in the very same pose! :)

Thanks!

Just changed it again since I found an extra stand lying around. Forgot what a pain to insert the flight adapter. Just realized all of these are

Hikaru Ichijyo.

IMG_0955.jpg

Edited by dapro

elements of my very modest MACROSS toy collection;

VF-1J Hikaru T.V. collection, finshed '85 BANDAI 1/72 HCM, '01 BANDAI 1/55 reissue, and '09 1/60 YAMATO VF-1ver.II,

all with custom GU-11 straps custom made myself;

VF-1J%20HIKARU%20T.V.%20COLLECTION%207-2

VF-1J%20Hikaru%20T.V.%201-72%201-60%201-

YAMATO/ARCADIA 1/60 -19 series collection;

YF-VF-19%201-60%20COLLECTION%207-2-15_zp

Girls of MACROSS;

Girls%20of%20MACROSS%207-2-15_zpstjhxl7l

While I will readily admit that:

1) I didn't hide the cords behind my Detolfs,

2) the cables for my Detolf pot lights are completely not hidden,

3) I'm a total slob, and

4) I have a bastardized collection of Macross, Mospeada, and G1 Transformer figures all mixed together with no apparent logic,

I still love looking at my collection!

2SOd6Y3.jpg

Edited by NOD

Great collections NOD. Didn't realize that one LED lamp at the top is enough to light up the bottom part of the shelf. Thought you need separate lamps for each shelf. Nice. I guess, it's really time to invest on those Detolf cabinets. :)

Holy crap 70? What did u do to all those boxes?

hehe! yes I have boxes for 66 of them.. The boxes are stashed away in every bit of space I have! I got 4 loose without boxes from Scream Man..

Hey there are guys in here with way more than I have! And I wonder how many of them keep all the boxes too!

Since boxes are made from wood, they must be a good source of fiber ... why waste money on veggies & fruits? Better to spend them on more plastics ... :D

But seriously, Kickers and master-of-macross must have warehouses full of boxes. Would also love to see how you manage to get them stored spanner!

Do we need a Macross Box Collection Display Thread?

hehe! here it is! http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=42719

Since boxes are made from wood, they must be a good source of fiber ... why waste money on veggies & fruits? Better to spend them on more plastics ... :D

But seriously, Kickers and master-of-macross must have warehouses full of boxes. Would also love to see how you manage to get them stored spanner!

Those guys box collections must be insane! I posted up some pics of my stuff in the box collection thread..

I have every box for every toy I own lol and they are not all on my toy collection blog list.. the list only contains my Macross and Gundam toys. Maybe once I clean up and get them all sorted I'll post up a pic. One whole wall of my home office is all closet space and is completely full. My bedroom closet contains a lot of the misc toy and statues/figures I own. Now my living room has a wall where I have been stacking most of my new stuff that is coming in. :blink:

wasn't really sure where to post this but it is Macross related so I figured here was probably my best bet..

For my birthday my son etched the kite logo onto a glass jar filled with Maltesers! Sadly the Maltesers were completely consumed within the first 24 hours so I'll have to go buy some more to refill!

Here is a pic of my Kite logo lolly jar! Thanks Dyl! B))

Its harder to see the kite logo now but clearly visible when the jar is filled!

20150719_165537-1.jpg