*Edit: I am assuming not, due to the splay of the head lasers. Just curious.

It is an awesome custom. Would look sweet next to a VF-25F in battroid. The First head looks very frontier-y.

*Actually yes the splay of the head lasers is too great to allow it to swing through the upper body during transformation. Unlike the standard issue J, where the head is tapered so that when the lasers are folded forward for stowing when in fighter mode the laser tips come in closer together. With the Kurisama MTF head unit, the head is not shaped the same way. Hence why he includes a 2nd set of lasers which are angled differently.

The new head does look kinda Frontiery doesn't it! Has a futuristic look to it but also still suits the VF-1 very nicely! I will take a photo next to Alto and post it up at some stage..

Awesome spanner! :wub:

Thanks Noel! But the real credit goes to Lancelot for building the thing for me and Kurisama for designing and making the head unit available! :)

What a beaut!!!

Indeed she is! ^_^

I'm the opposite...must stay in fighter mode....until I can get a head done up for it.....Welcome to the 1/60 Macross the First VF-1J club! B))

Oh yeah I forgot you also had a VF-1 painted up in MTF colors too! Hehe! MTF-J club! Thanks! :D Yes you definitely need to get the head for it!

front page worthy!

haha! well we'll see if that happens I guess.. I would really like to take some much better photos of it. But my photography skills kinda suck.. Maybe I should ship it up to Saburo for some camera work! :p

That 1J head needs to be made for order! Looks good!

You can buy them from Shapeways! That is where I got mine!

http://www.shapeways.com/product/6B9AGZLX3?li=search-results-1&optionId=42270195

Really really nice custom!

Thanks mate! :)

I hope an official version comes out some day :D

Should be Arcadia's wheelhouse.

It would be nice if Arcadia did so yes! :D

They should reach out to Miki and get him to do the box art combo with a special comic.

I've said this before elsewhere but it seems like a perfect synergy for a high-end company.

People would crap and they could make them made to order.

Edited by Gakken85

Finally got my Custom VF-1J Macross The First livery Valk home tonight! Lancelot did the build and paint and he's done a fantastic job! It really looks sensational! ^_^

So happy with the end result! This has the Kurisama head unit on it too so full credit to him for making this amazing sculpt available! The whole thing has come together so nicely!

Let me know what you guys think! Once again a big thanks to both Lancelot and Kurisama for making this possible! You guys are legends! B))

I don't like it at all. In fact I think you should take it off your shelf, box it up, and ship it over here to me so I can "dispose" of it for you in my special glass containment unit. :p Awesome custom!

Wow, spanner, that is one mean looking valk! Kurisama and Lancelot certainly outdid themselves! Brilliant job!

It does eh! I haven't been able to keep my eyes off it since picking it up from Lance! :D They certainly did didn't they! B))

I don't like it at all. In fact I think you should take it off your shelf, box it up, and ship it over here to me so I can "dispose" of it for you in my special glass containment unit. :p Awesome custom!

Hahaha!! sorry mate but its already happily been "disposed of" sitting in one of my own glass containment units! :p:D

Finally got my Custom VF-1J Macross The First livery Valk home tonight! Lancelot did the build and paint and he's done a fantastic job! It really looks sensational! ^_^

So happy with the end result! This has the Kurisama head unit on it too so full credit to him for making this amazing sculpt available! The whole thing has come together so nicely!

Let me know what you guys think! Once again a big thanks to both Lancelot and Kurisama for making this possible! You guys are legends! B))

20150414_214231.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. The red is fantastic. What kind of paint was used?

The red is nice eh! its deep yet still has a good amount of brightness to it! Im not so sure the paint type he used.. it could have been acrylic but you'd need to ask Lancelot about that one..

Awesome custom VF-1J Spanner! That custom Kurisama head is boss! :)

Kurisama has done an excellent job with it! When I saw it I knew I had to have one and build up a MTF variant!

thanks everyone for the kind words :)

used enamel tamiya red for the paint

I can only get so hard!

Excellent work Lancealot!

Need to get myself a valk and one of the heads to give this a go.

How do you protect the paintwork? I expect it will wear really badly when it is transformed.

i put a clear satin coat on top...lots of it...lol... and i also tested the figure for rubbing points and file it down so it wouldn't rub anymore... mainly the blast shield ...had to repaint that a few time ... but it should be good to transform without any wear if done properly

On the custom 1J -- Looks amazing.

But the panel line right behind the face visor needs just a touch of clean up to make it as thin and precise as the rest of the body.

( ducks as tomatoes are hurled his way . . . )

Its awesome as-is though too, obviously . . .

On the custom 1J -- Looks amazing.

But the panel line right behind the face visor needs just a touch of clean up to make it as thin and precise as the rest of the body.

( ducks as tomatoes are hurled his way . . . )

Its awesome as-is though too, obviously . . .

lol...that actually the top clear coat lacquer that making it bleed out , it melt the enamel paint.... i decided to use that cuase it a figure and would be pose alot with so lacquer coat is tough for that ...

Edited by lancalot

The Summoner, Hellbringer and Adder are all from Ravenstar studios and were resin kits. They are sold as 1/60 but next to the yamato 1/60 VF-1 and Tomahawk they look overscale, possibly 1/48.

The Timber Wolf is wip, it is made from a hand held game,i have arms for it and i am making the shoulder LRM 20s.

attachicon.gif20150412_190853.jpg

Gotta say, the Summoner was always a favorite of mine. It's the one I use most in MW2, MW3, and on the tabletop. I'd love to have some of those, one of the reasons I got my Tomahawk, is because it became one of my favorite Battlemechs...

Gotta say, the Summoner was always a favorite of mine. It's the one I use most in MW2, MW3, and on the tabletop. I'd love to have some of those, one of the reasons I got my Tomahawk, is because it became one of my favorite Battlemechs...

The TimberWolf always had a soft spot in my heart! ^_^ Miss that game.. -_-

The TimberWolf always had a soft spot in my heart! ^_^ Miss that game.. -_-

what was the one that you start with in the game? the stormcrow? that was my favorite hehehe. i also liked saying 'eridani lighthorse' just for the heck of it. XD

So who has more VF-1's? MOM or KIcker?

:D

whoever it is, i suspect that if the two collections are brought together, we can do a fold jump!

Ok, Section movie is almost complete, but seven models were canned (vf1s hikaru & roy with SP. vf1a kaky and max with SP, vf1s low vis. vf1s and roy and hikaru arcadia version), next week you go to the series sdf ;)

sweet pics, MoM! looking forward to the sdf lineup! arcadia, hurry up and make these valks, all of them!!!!!!

I finally got to play with my Yetti stand and all the arms I got:) makes for a great display.

image.jpg1_zpsbpijslfv.jpg

I know the 22 is out of place with + valks, but it's the only 7 valk I have right now. Unless someone has a Gamlin or Max that want to let go.

I finally got to play with my Yetti stand and all the arms I got:) makes for a great display.

I know the 22 is out of place with + valks, but it's the only 7 valk I have right now. Unless someone has a Gamlin or Max that want to let go.

Great way to display all those valks! Awesome!