The 27 is the weakest release in my collection and I have three 171 CFs. And I like those despite the major cracking issues so count me as one of the ones underwhelmed by the last release of the 27. No offense to those who love it :D

awww I love my VF-27γ! It's one of my favorite Frontier Valks! =D

Great collections everyone!

my growing JMs collection...need moar...

IMG_3051_zps9a1cb0d6.jpg

Those JMs are so awesome! One day I'll add one or 2 to my collection.

The frontier valks I've gotten so far:

14719198107_2f807f1f4c_h.jpgTo The Frontier... by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Still waiting on my YF-25 to ship, the RVF-171 to get released, and the VF-25G to get reissued. Not sure what else to get frontier-wise after that...

I think I am the only person that likes the VF-27, well the VF-27 1.5 version. Granted it could have been better engineered but I like how it has a sinister bird of prey look.

I've got an original, 1.0, non-fast pack VF-27, and it's pretty bad.

I kind of want to get the half renewal version. I like the design, I like the fast packs, and it is an improvement over the one I have. But I just can't get over all the things that they didn't fix or could have been fixed better had they done an entirely new toy instead of just retrofitting a really mediocre one.

I think I am the only person that likes the VF-27, well the VF-27 1.5 version. Granted it could have been better engineered but I like how it has a sinister bird of prey look.

you're not alone Saburo! ;)

I kind of want to get the half renewal version. I like the design, I like the fast packs, and it is an improvement over the one I have. But I just can't get over all the things that they didn't fix or could have been fixed better had they done an entirely new toy instead of just retrofitting a really mediocre one.

I bought my son the original and he loves it! I have the 1.5 version and yes it could have been brought up to VF-25 v2 specs but it's still pretty good. I keep mine in fighter mode so I'm not so fussed with its short comings..

I don't have a v1 VF-27 but from what I have read it was bad. I started collecting late and in a way I am sort of lucky with Frontier stuff and the Yamato releases I completely missed out on. :( The Frontier renewals were already in the market when I started and reading the reviews for the Frontier v1s and they were ok for the time but no where as good as they could/should have been.

you're not alone Saburo! ;)

I bought my son the original and he loves it! I have the 1.5 version and yes it could have been brought up to VF-25 v2 specs but it's still pretty good. I keep mine in fighter mode so I'm not so fussed with its short comings..

Yes I am not the only one. :D I keep my VF-27 in fighter mode too. I bought a 2nd VF-27 v1.5 because it was a good deal. When I get my display cases up, I'll have one in Battroid and the other in fighter mode.

btw: your son must have some really awesome toys! :)

Edited by Saburo

Don't get me wrong...I don't hate my semi-renewal 27...just disappointed they didn't improve it beyond what we got. More surface detail is at the top of the list of what I wanted. :/

Not really a collection cause it is the only one so far.

DSC_6668_zpsed6686f6.jpg

2ab0bcff-ae08-4773-8180-29b7453b4795_zps

first Valkyrie or just first Frontier Valkyrie? give it time, you'll get there! I never thought I'd ever get to nearly 40 of em and that's still nothing compared to what some of the other folks have in here! B))

Nice. Dryer for scale? That thing is massive. I have never seen one in person.

heheh....top of the dryer is always my photo studio!!!

It is huge...I think only a Yamato SDF-1 in attacker mode might stand taller.....I actually have the SDF-1 on display....maybe I can snap a pic with the two later....

Those revoltech deity figures are RAD! I love that display

Thanks! Yeah l love those revoltechs.

Loving this hanger scene!! B))

Thanks. Ron5864 scratch built the hangar

I like the look of the stealth parts on the standard Focker VF-1S.

Yeah I like it better than the standard blue strike parts. I was lucky and got these pretty cheap back when they were still plentiful