Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

Some shoes to go with me valks, man.

Nice kicks you have there Gakken85!!

A few pics of some recent arrivals! Been admiring Akira Yamamoto for most of the afternoon! She's such a babe! Will see how long it takes for the wife to notice another anime girl on display! hehe!

Also the Roy Low Vis & Virgin Road are both stunning examples too! Thanks barurutor!

attachicon.gifDSC_0012.JPGattachicon.gifDSC_0011.JPG

Very nice additions spanner, especially Akira and the Low Viz! :)

Updated wall of macross :0

Where the heck do I put my yf-30's that are on the way O_o

Wow! Very nice display Duymon!

Updated wall of macross :0

Where the heck do I put my yf-30's that are on the way O_o

Oh my! Love that wall. :wub: Note to myself: one day... one day...

Any one fit three valks in fighter mode on one self of a detolf?

If you just browse previous pages, you can see some members found a way to fit most valks in fighter mode in one shelf. ^_^

Free samples below:

It's been a couple of days so here's another pic of my cabinets. :-)

14477236920_e036fd2421_b.jpg

image by Nerdery101, on Flickr

There is a sneaky new addition. Poor old Ozma has been forced to share a shelf for now.

Macross Frontier (Saving a spot for the YF-30 and RVF-171)

PHOTO_20140711_115802_zps5bbfce43.jpg

More DYRL

PHOTO_20140711_115857_zpsf9603b11.jpg

Most of them uses some acrylic risers or fishing line. Hope that helps. ;)

I moved recently, new furniture (DETOLF) and new display!

attachicon.gifkT2Xab0.jpg

attachicon.gifOMyX2EO.jpg

attachicon.gif03mDle2.jpg

your displays look really great! I have been thinking maybe off load my Klingsbo's in favor of Detolf's as they seem far more suited for displaying Valks.. Then I can line them all up beside each other and same more space! Just gotta find someone here locally who will want to buy my Klingsbo's first..

Macross World: Official sponser of DETOLF

Thanks! They really do work perfectly for macross scale figures, highly recommended!

I just don't get why they don't make a version with adjustable shelf hight. With most valks, you could drop all the shelves down enough to fit an extra shelf and still clear the toys on every level.

It's a JM army. :lol: nice.

yea, and its going to grow for sure. I just cant see myself selling these! need to find some time to customize a couple of recast copies from EXO or he'll be angry!..maybe after I take my grad school's prelim exam.

but this is nothing, compared to another member's huuuge collection of JM's (cant remember, maybe Bobe-Patt?)... :ph34r:

This is my display until I go to IKEA this weekend.attachicon.gif1407907637141.jpg

hehe! Mr Ikea is making an absolute fortune from us MW members! I said I wasn't going to buy another Klingsbo but sure enough whilst at Ikea today I bought another! But.. I got this one cheap, 50% discounted as it was a return with a few of the glass shelves that had been broken..

Took some measurements & got the glazier company who does all the glass work for the bus company I work for to cut up some new shelves (for free too I might add!) BOOM! Cabinet fixed!

Pays to be friends with one of the Ikea staff girls eh! B))

bottom 3 shelves of the middle cabinet are the new ones.. the shade of the glass is ever so slightly darker but its only a bee's dicks worth so you can hardly tell.. but in the end & at half the normal price, who cares! :D

post-21335-0-55857600-1407929816_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner76

The frontier valks I've gotten so far:

14719198107_2f807f1f4c_h.jpgTo The Frontier... by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Still waiting on my YF-25 to ship, the RVF-171 to get released, and the VF-25G to get reissued. Not sure what else to get frontier-wise after that...

Edited by anime52k8

hehe! Mr Ikea is making an absolute fortune from us MW members! I said I wasn't going to buy another Klingsbo but sure enough whilst at Ikea today I bought another! But.. I got this one cheap, 50% discounted as it was a return with a few of the glass shelves that had been broken..

Took some measurements & got the glazier company who does all the glass work for the bus company I work for to cut up some new shelves (for free too I might add!) BOOM! Cabinet fixed!

Pays to be friends with one of the Ikea staff girls eh! B))

bottom 3 shelves of the middle cabinet are the new ones.. the shade of the glass is ever so slightly darker but its only a bee's dicks worth so you can hardly tell.. but in the end & at half the normal price, who cares! :D

attachicon.gifnew cabinet.jpg

Those look really good! Honestly, I would have considered these for my display if I had seen them, they look pretty nice. Digging the car display, too!

The frontier valks I've gotten so far:

14719198107_2f807f1f4c_h.jpgTo The Frontier... by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Still waiting on my YF-25 to ship, the RVF-171 to get released, and the VF-25G to get reissued. Not sure what else to get frontier-wise after that...

What a cool photo! LOL @ the post-it note! :p

fun collection. I'm on the fence about the VF-29 ozma color

yeah same.. I have an Isamu 29 which in my honest opinion has the best paint scheme of the lot! I don't think I'll ever get the others..

Those look really good! Honestly, I would have considered these for my display if I had seen them, they look pretty nice. Digging the car display, too!

They are ok but the shelf heights are too low.. Even if it meant losing one shelf, ideally they needed to be about 3 to 4 inches higher so it would be possible to have the Frontier Valks in battroid mode whilst on the display stand.. but they are wider and deeper than the Detolf shelves.

Yeah im quite proud of my little homage to the old Group C & early Group A Australian touring car championship days! Ahhh the memories! Love the Commodores especially the HDT Brocks! B))

Edited by spanner76

yea, and its going to grow for sure. I just cant see myself selling these! need to find some time to customize a couple of recast copies from EXO or he'll be angry!..maybe after I take my grad school's prelim exam.

but this is nothing, compared to another member's huuuge collection of JM's (cant remember, maybe Bobe-Patt?)... :ph34r:

Real cool. You can probably start making all the repaints that Yamato did for your JMs. ;)

What a cool photo! LOL @ the post-it note! :p

yeah same.. I have an Isamu 29 which in my honest opinion has the best paint scheme of the lot! I don't think I'll ever get the others..

Kind of agree, The Isamu 29 has the best scheme overall but I like the head on the Ozma better. But more importantly, I like the head and paint scheme A LOT better than the Ozma VF-25S. basically, that's my Ozma in my collection, so I don't have to loose my mind trying to get a VF-25S. (and I've got an arcadia Y-19, so I needed an Ozma something before I got a second Isamu. I might get an Isamu 29 down the line though, if the prices hold steady long enough).

Kind of agree, The Isamu 29 has the best scheme overall but I like the head on the Ozma better. But more importantly, I like the head and paint scheme A LOT better than the Ozma VF-25S. basically, that's my Ozma in my collection, so I don't have to loose my mind trying to get a VF-25S. (and I've got an arcadia Y-19, so I needed an Ozma something before I got a second Isamu. I might get an Isamu 29 down the line though, if the prices hold steady long enough).

Nice Frontier collection and pictures. As others have said the 25A (and corresponding Super Armor) would both be easy to obtain and fit your fleet nicely. The Isamu YF-29 should remain fairly easy to get as well, provided there are enough other "in-demand" Bandai Renewal Valkyries out there.

-b.

The 27 is the weakest release in my collection and I have three 171 CFs. And I like those despite the major cracking issues so count me as one of the ones underwhelmed by the last release of the 27. No offense to those who love it :D