My brothers Bible who passed away in 2003.

Really dig your set-up brother!
Nice and squeaky clean!
I wish I had more room in my living room to fit in 2 more detolfs and have a one figure per square set-up.
That's my main goal for the future but I think I would need a separate room for that.
What kind of led lights are you using ?

Soon....... Very soon....

Oh yeah ,
Mospeada kicks ass too! Just way too expensive for the ones I want to start collecting ! :)

Lights are called "Dioder" from Ikea. 4 bars come in a pack.

Here is a quick review on:

Pulaski Onyx Curio Cabinets - Style 212184

http://www.pulaskionlinestore.com/Pulaski-Onyx-Curio-Cabinet-212184.html

post-8486-0-57004700-1376077915.jpg

In short - I do not recommend them.

They are side-load only, and still let in a fair amount of dust. The gap in the doors that lets in the dust is unacceptable at this price point.

And the side loading feature is enough to drive anyone to drink, except maybe the inventor of Jenga.

Its a challenge when you're in a good mood. A downright pain after a few minutes - and eventually you want to simply kick in the glass out of frustration. You find yourself trying to reach through the front glass to adjust some little pose or gun and you can't!. You must hold you breath and try to reach beyond all the other items that you do not want to mess up, and try to adjust very carefully. Sometimes taking 20 attempts to get it right. ARG! Just when you get that right, you bump something out of place trying to get your arm back out.

In the Pulasky promo pic they show 2 units push together, which looks best. Which I prefer, but cannot do because if you want access to the middle areas you have to leave enough space to open the inner doors. If you attempt to slide them together 'once you have everything set' - you'll find that something has become UN-SET during the sliding back together process. So if you have anything that can move out of position - which most high end toys these days do - you leave the cases apart.

The mirrored back walls do not look nearly as confusing in person. Looks quite classy actually, and allows you to see the back details. But if I could wish for only one way I think I would pick black back walls. The photos make the reflective images seem like you cannot see the pieces from the reflections - this is not so in person.

Its classy yes, and has that oooo, ahhhh effect. But overall they are not suited to this type of hobby.

Look at the Polaski pic again - if that is what you collect, these cases would be ideal...

post-8486-0-13321300-1376077948_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-79102500-1376077965_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-77609800-1376077972_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-23562400-1376077980_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-24561400-1376077987_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-87852800-1376078005_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-75358800-1376078020_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-90934100-1376078035_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-00878100-1376078044_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-94930600-1376078062_thumb.jpg

I have two of these cabinets and I do not recommend them for Macross collectors. I have my Master Replicas Sabers displayed in them and they do collect a lot of dust. I opted for a larger wooden curio from Polaski that has a sliding front door front for my Macross stuff. Unfortunately it only opens half way....which makes putting 1:60 Valks and models in a VERY time consuming and frustrating thing. Looks great once you finish however!

Here's my current Macross display setup. Not perfectly ideal as I have pretty much run out of room especially with another Valk and two female characters on their way..

Its an Ikea cabinet which is ok I guess (was cheap) but there's a 5mm gap all the way around the door which allows a little too much dust in for my liking making monthly de-dusting necessary.

I was thinking of either getting another of the same cabinet or spending a lot more on a much larger cabinet. But I gotta keep costs under control as you can imagine..

I place a little battery powered LED light pack on the very top which adds a nice lighting effect at night. I would like to wire in some small LED's on the upper corners of each level

but not knowing if I'll keep this setup im a little hesitant spending any money on it.. Oh yeah there was a crappy looking flower pattern on the very bottom which I cut to size

a piece of composite panel from work, sprayed it black and stuck down a Macross 30th anniversary sticker from ebay. I think it looks kinda cool! B))

20130811_162637_zpsede977a9.jpg

he's also still the cheapest Yamato valk on the market. Hell I think hes still cheaper than the upcoming Arcadia re-release. and Agreed, great color scheme. TV kakizaki is defintiely one of my favorites and DYRL version is a sexy beast as well.

Collection is shaping up nicely, Spanner76. Congrats!

Hehe! I ended up with three of the same TV Kakizaki as a result of cheap price and an order stuff up from maximabuy. But yeah love the color scheme of them! Its cool to have three as I can display them each in a different mode!

Edited by spanner76

The model number is the S-800.

How did Allpower displays ship and deliver to you? I just contacted them and they said they may not be able to deliver it to my home address because the delivery truck can't go into living quarters...I'm assuming he meant residential area...

Here's my current Macross display setup. Not perfectly ideal as I have pretty much run out of room especially with another Valk and two female characters on their way..

Its an Ikea cabinet which is ok I guess (was cheap) but there's a 5mm gap all the way around the door which allows a little too much dust in for my liking making monthly de-dusting necessary.

I was thinking of either getting another of the same cabinet or spending a lot more on a much larger cabinet. But I gotta keep costs under control as you can imagine..

I place a little battery powered LED light pack on the very top which adds a nice lighting effect at night. I would like to wire in some small LED's on the upper corners of each level

but not knowing if I'll keep this setup im a little hesitant spending any money on it.. Oh yeah there was a crappy looking flower pattern on the very bottom which I cut to size

a piece of composite panel from work, sprayed it black and stuck down a Macross 30th anniversary sticker from ebay. I think it looks kinda cool! B))

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r683/alexporter76/20130811_162637_zpsede977a9.jpg

Is that my ex-25F? :)

Edited by anubis20

Highlighting a single valk...anyone use one of these? Legend Studio Dispaly cases? I think they'd look nice on top of a detolf (detolfs are short in my opinion, they could use a "topper") only downside seems to be cost and its made from acrylic instead of glass (glass has some measure of built in UV protection usually).

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=legend%20studio

Highlighting a single valk...anyone use one of these? Legend Studio Dispaly cases? I think they'd look nice on top of a detolf (detolfs are short in my opinion, they could use a "topper") only downside seems to be cost and its made from acrylic instead of glass (glass has some measure of built in UV protection usually).

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=legend%20studio

I saw those over at BBTS a few days ago. The product details lists the size as 15.95 x 8.00 x 11.40 inches. If that's height x length x width, that means the shelves are about the same size as a standard sheet of paper, and the height is a bit taller than the distance between shelves on a Detolf.

It seems overpriced for the size and materials if you ask me. Detolfs cost around $60-$70 at retail, and this is more expensive while being less than 1/4 the size of a Detolf. Easy pass.

EDIT: I was assuming the size listed was for the assembled product, not the package.

Edited by SuperSenpai

I saw those over at BBTS a few days ago. The product details lists the size as 15.95 x 8.00 x 11.40 inches. If that's height x length x width, that means the shelves are about the same size as a standard sheet of paper, and the height is a bit taller than the distance between shelves on a Detolf.

It seems overpriced for the size and materials if you ask me. Detolfs cost around $60-$70 at retail, and this is more expensive while being less than 1/4 the size of a Detolf. Easy pass.

EDIT: I was assuming the size listed was for the assembled product, not the package.

no doubt its not good "value" for money, i do think it looks neat though to highlight a single item, and have it be lit up like that. they DO have a nearly two foot tall one for $15 more. same dims except height is 23.3.

VF-1JMPC1-55JOHN8-20-13_zps36f330bf.jpg

as i might have mentioned before, i mainly had designs on this as a commemorative tribute

to the 1985 BANDAI HCM, from which this toy so clearly derives from. unfortunately,

i get a clear picture now of what made the MPC line (and TOYNAMI by extension) so infamous

in regards to their QC.

indeed, paint smudges and staining abound on this "limited edition fine collectible" and even a missing wing-runner-light lens!!

to be fair, this thing ain't half bad, after some corrective paint-work/clean-up with rubbing alcohol/joint tightening/wing glove modding/etc. i mean, there is plenty of shiny zinc and all. one fairly serious and fairly necessary mod, however, was to shave the pilot's underside way the hell down

so that he could sit much lower, and far more accurately, in the cockpit. granted, i had to GORILLA GLUE him in there after that,

but since this MPC's cockpit is barely any better than that of the HCM from which it is derived,

and a LONG way off from the perfection that is the ARCADIA 1/60v.II cockpit, i'm really not missing anything at all

by losing the removable pilot feature here;

Yeah........things got crowded very quickly. Had to make sure I got the Valkyries that I really wanted.

Amazing collection in just half a year. I'm envious... Now you need to get some display cases.

Here is my collection so far. I started it in February of this year, unfortunately...........or is that fortunately?????? :unsure:

9539897459_28256d9ede_b.jpg

Hmm, I should have bought myself a Milia 22S when I had the chance. I was never sure I liked the color but this pic really shows off the nice contrasts between her 1J and 22S and Max's 1J with his 22S. Oh well.

Hmm, I should have bought myself a Milia 22S when I had the chance. I was never sure I liked the color but this pic really shows off the nice contrasts between her 1J and 22S and Max's 1J with his 22S. Oh well.

Amazon still has a listing for a Miria VF-22 for ~$165 + free shipping and fulfillment by Amazon.

Amazing collection in just half a year. I'm envious... Now you need to get some display cases.

Thank you. Yeah, I need to make some room for a nice case. One of these days.

After selling my pieces I wasn't thrilled with,

I've come down to my very modest collection.

I've basically have 3 Detolfs, one for each series I collect.

One being Macross, two being Transformers, and three being 3A.

The lower tiers are mainly just filled with CQ's, gashapon and

Other small goods that are fillers. They are waiting for the next round!

NRftSxR.jpg

Obviously, I've got some room to full, but time to figure it out.

Not in any rush!

* of course this posts right after kicker saying he's ran out of room LOL!

yep.. i have =( I've gotten rid of some of the non macross stuff...probably going to let the gundams go next...baby on the way man.. giving up the library/hot toys/dvd room ...wife still ain't budging about letting me display that hot toys stuff in the living room =(

yep.. i have =( I've gotten rid of some of the non macross stuff...probably going to let the gundams go next...baby on the way man.. giving up the library/hot toys/dvd room ...wife still ain't budging about letting me display that hot toys stuff in the living room =(

Congrats on the cribmidget Kicker. Good news is you'll be able to share your collection with your kid as they grow up. My daughter asks all sorts of questions about mine and I picked up a few of those cheap RT SD figures they had for her.

As for the lull in your collecting, it happens to everyone. There isn't a new series coming out, Bandai is cranking out better versions of the same stuff, Arcadia is cranking out exactly the same stuff except one is going to a formal event and the YF-19 which is next year, and there's no word on the YF-30 or Vajra. All in all it's not to much to be excited about.

At least you have your customs though. Maybe get some custom battle scenes made. That's something I'd like to get into myself. Instead of just having valks on a shelf I'd rather them tell their story in a diorama.

After selling my pieces I wasn't thrilled with,

I've come down to my very modest collection.

I've basically have 3 Detolfs, one for each series I collect.

One being Macross, two being Transformers, and three being 3A.

The lower tiers are mainly just filled with CQ's, gashapon and

Other small goods that are fillers. They are waiting for the next round!

NRftSxR.jpg

Obviously, I've got some room to full, but time to figure it out.

Not in any rush!

* of course this posts right after kicker saying he's ran out of room LOL!

Show off your other shelves man!

Space has become limited and I too have be slimming down my Macross collection. It sure took a lot of soul searching to decide on what to keep and what to sell. I arranged my DYRL shelf last week (still looking for Elint Seeker) and this week I arranged my Macross Frontier shelf. With super parts for vf-25g, rvf-25 and vf-171cf on pre-order I am almost done.

20130820_235041_LLS.jpg

20130820_235105_LLS.jpg

20130820_235126_LLS.jpg

20130820_235206_LLS.jpg

20130820_235220_LLS.jpg

Edited by plastik