Just finished painting some 1/48 ground crew to go with my 1/48 VF-1A equipped with Super Armor

attachicon.gifDSC04989.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC04990.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC04993.JPG

Wow, great setup Sephiroth, lot of possible stories and things going on when you look at that setup. Great stuff.

Yup. The adapters work great. The stands need a little bit of glue for it to be sturdy. Don't get it through the jacked up price from amazon, get it from HLJ or other place selling at MSRP or less. I got five for around $35 shipped from HLJ.

Thanks for the compliments! I enjoy everyone else's pics, too! I'm hoping to get a set of 1/60 ground crew to paint and do some more dio pics.

Cool. I'm always down for more Dio pics

ronnie_james_dio_.jpg

DIO.jpg

If you don't say "diorama", this is what I automatically think of.

Eventough my collection is puny in comparison to yours and you have many customs, I will make it my life's goal to have a valk that you do not own. :ph34r:

Display looks awesome, very strong lighting, if you light up all your display cases that's gonna be brighter than a stadium.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

My Collection as of Jun/17/2013

Still gotta make room for all the pre-orders and other incoming Valks..! :blink:

Sorry for the crappy iphone pics.!

that's hot!!! but you're missing a vf-x and two rvf 25's

also the nose pin (where the legs attach to the crotch) on the left side of the low viz is folded in creating a littlehole in one of your pics

Edited by davidwhangchoi

My Collection as of Jun/17/2013

Still gotta make room for all the pre-orders and other incoming Valks..! :blink:

Sorry for the crappy iphone pics.!

you sir have a clean setup! I wished I had space for a third detolf :(

I'm almost done with display of valks and hot toys. Just waiting on my flight pose stands to arrive and have a vf-25s renewal, rvf-25 renewal and super parts coming in the mail. Just have few more valks left to unbox and tint the glass by the window I should be done. I only wish I had room for another detolf to spread out my collection more but it's a blessing in disguise, otherwise I would have to start filling that one up too

ps. If anyone has an extra Hot Toys Iron Man mark IV, VI or VII they would like to sell or trade please hit me up. That's the last one I need to finish my hot toys collection!

20130619_001411.jpg

Edited by plastik

I'm almost done with display of valks and hot toys. Just waiting on my flight pose stands to arrive and have a vf-25s renewal, rvf-25 renewal and super parts coming in the mail. Just have few more valks left to unbox and tint the glass by the window I should be done. I only wish I had room for another detolf to spread out my collection more but it's a blessing in disguise, otherwise I would have to start filling that one up too

ps. If anyone has an extra Hot Toys Iron Man mark IV, VI or VII they would like to sell or trade please hit me up. That's the last one I need to finish my hot toys collection!

20130619_001411.jpg

Cool set up plastik! Are those light LED?? I might want to get me a pair or two. Where did you get them? Yeah that's the hard part when adding more detolfs, you gotta have something to fill them up with! Lol how are your vf-1s standing up like that? Wire hangars? Picture frame stands? I've always liked how valks standing up like that next to each other look.

Cool set up plastik! Are those light LED?? I might want to get me a pair or two. Where did you get them? Yeah that's the hard part when adding more detolfs, you gotta have something to fill them up with! Lol how are your vf-1s standing up like that? Wire hangars? Picture frame stands? I've always liked how valks standing up like that next to each other look.

The lights are LED "pucks" called Dioder from Ikea. Skullmilitia is right, I just opened the feets up and they stand on their own.

Yeah, that's my favorite method to display pretty much any valk capable of it, mostly due to the limited space I have. You can play with the balance point on the VF-1 (and a few others) by closing the feet a notch as well, so it works with and without fast packs. You can really pack em in like sardines that way. :p

Sadly, it doesn't work for a few valks due to unique foot designs. If you twist the ankles around on a VF-27 you can kind of do it, but otherwise it's like the SV-51 with the triple toes making it difficult. Same with the YF-21/VF-22, since the feet aren't external. I haven't tried the VF-4 that way yet, but I'm not sure the feet extend far enough to make it past the tailcone.

Yeah, that's my favorite method to display pretty much any valk capable of it, mostly due to the limited space I have. You can play with the balance point on the VF-1 (and a few others) by closing the feet a notch as well, so it works with and without fast packs. You can really pack em in like sardines that way. :p

Sadly, it doesn't work for a few valks due to unique foot designs. If you twist the ankles around on a VF-27 you can kind of do it, but otherwise it's like the SV-51 with the triple toes making it difficult. Same with the YF-21/VF-22, since the feet aren't external. I haven't tried the VF-4 that way yet, but I'm not sure the feet extend far enough to make it past the tailcone.

VF-4 works!

Had the display case for almost three months and still only managed to have just a handful ones display since I am still working on setting up my macross hanger

9096641037_92e1f2ebca_b.jpg

and talking about the hanger, just complete the floor today. When completed it should use 22 mechanical chain bases.

9096638359_6641c46f52_b.jpg

the pad and runway

9098869164_024f300a68_b.jpg

the right wing of the hanger, plan to build a second tier so I try to mimic some sort of elevator platform on the base and plan to add 3 more pads on the second level.

9096633065_28582ef3cb_b.jpg

Edited by brenttoyou

That is a cool setup Benson! :)

I will try to achieve something similar for myself if Arcadia decides to reissue/redo all their toys since I'm only having a (incomplete) Macross 7 and Frontier collection.