^^I'm a huge TNG fan also, jealous!! But I kind of gave up on buying anything that doesn't transform. I don't have anymore space for shelf queens anymore. The Graves designed E is the best ship design ever.

Yeah, we did get a bit off the subject, but they certainly make impressive additions to the tops of those detolfs.

Without digging through this entire thread, I'm curious. I know I've seen various Hasegawa kits with lighting added, and I know one or two people have done (or planned) modifications to light up a 1/60 VF-1 kit, but has anyone ever actually tried adding LEDs or fiber optic lighting to any of the other Yamato or Bandai valks?

Wouldn't be surprised if that answer is "no," since I can't really think of any valk of the top of my head that would be very friendly to that sort of mod.

Edited by Chronocidal

Am I the only one who picked up the Enterprise-D from Aoshima?

post-5703-0-09892200-1368579730_thumb.jpgpost-5703-0-35410700-1368579756_thumb.jpgpost-5703-0-77055000-1368580182_thumb.jpgpost-5703-0-02656700-1368579770_thumb.jpgpost-5703-0-51833200-1368579772_thumb.jpgpost-5703-0-02617400-1368579775_thumb.jpg

Anyway, enough derailing. I'm one of those people who prefers to have just one valk per display space, rather than trying to cram as many as I can into as small a space as possible. However, buying 1 detolf for every 4 valks is a bit excessive... luckily, a few weeks back I stumbled onto these display shelves/cubes/whatever and decided to pick one up. They work great! Every valk except the SV-51 and the VF-19 with Sound Boosters fits nicely into each cubby hole. The shelves are stackable too, so you could potentially build a wall of valks.

Only drawback is that I have to dust them off now and then. I could fit some glass doors on the front, but another day perhaps...

post-5703-0-84671900-1368579918_thumb.jpg

Yeah, we did get a bit off the subject, but they certainly make impressive additions to the tops of those detolfs.

Without digging through this entire thread, I'm curious. I know I've seen various Hasegawa kits with lighting added, and I know one or two people have done (or planned) modifications to light up a 1/60 VF-1 kit, but has anyone ever actually tried adding LEDs or fiber optic lighting to any of the other Yamato or Bandai valks?

Wouldn't be surprised if that answer is "no," since I can't really think of any valk of the top of my head that would be very friendly to that sort of mod.

Yes.

Just suspended Shaorin for posting off topic images in a Macross Thread.

Other toys are fine if their part of your displays, but pictures of your stereos, your pots and pans, your princess dinnerware, all the different kids you adopted around the world... off topic.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just suspended Shaorin for posting off topic images in a Macross Thread.

Other toys are fine if their part of your displays, but pictures of your stereos, your pots and pans, your princess dinnerware, all the different kids you adopted around the world... off topic.

i may have indirectly influenced this when taking a picture of my valk and responded to a comment of my speakers in the background,

much apologies... i feel responsible for this.

I like those backdrop images. Great use of other branded stuff!

I really like that Aoshima! I bought a model of the Ent-D a while back, but have not gotten around to putting it together. That Aoshima might be a good alternative. I could then sell my unbuilt model.

transformed my Bandai Monster back to shuttle mode for the first time ever since I got it... and got it its own spot in one of my display cabs...

It looks like a 140 lbs rottweiler amongst a pack of rat dogs. I like it.

I got a lot more Valkyries since the last picture to finish my collection of the 1/60 V2 VF-1's. at this point the Super Ostrich is going more than I am willing to pay. Thanks Macross world members who helped me get the missing Valkyries in my collection and fulfilling my childhood dream over 20 years ago.

post-15125-0-78211700-1368991067_thumb.jpg

Glad your up to speed.

I finally did some rearranging last night, haven't displayed the ozma renewal with armored but as I was unpacking most of the bandai stuff the common thing can be seen. Scuff marks here and there and its not like these items were used. Sadly enough it has been so much of a pattern lately that it reminded me why I never really liked Bandai's valk. I guess the 30th and Durandal were ok since it didn't have many of the scuff you see on the 171 valks. But I'm kind of glad that I didn't go apeshit on buying too many of them. Just enough for a squad. Man I miss Yamato. =( At least with them I know there weren't all these scuffs on their toys.

Oh the Vf25G Michael version, can someone elaborate the difference between the v1 and v2. I swear when I opened mine I almost blew the lid thinking i got scammed but the box was sealed, but the valk looks identical to the v1.

Transform to Battroid and Gerwalk and the differences become like night and day! Basically the head sits up higher and the hips look proper (lower). Gerwalk will have a proper A-stance as well. B))

Edited by xrentonx

Glad your up to speed.

I finally did some rearranging last night, haven't displayed the ozma renewal with armored but as I was unpacking most of the bandai stuff the common thing can be seen. Scuff marks here and there and its not like these items were used. Sadly enough it has been so much of a pattern lately that it reminded me why I never really liked Bandai's valk. I guess the 30th and Durandal were ok since it didn't have many of the scuff you see on the 171 valks. But I'm kind of glad that I didn't go apeshit on buying too many of them. Just enough for a squad. Man I miss Yamato. =( At least with them I know there weren't all these scuffs on their toys.

Oh the Vf25G Michael version, can someone elaborate the difference between the v1 and v2. I swear when I opened mine I almost blew the lid thinking i got scammed but the box was sealed, but the valk looks identical to the v1.

As for the VF-25G you can mount the sniper rifle in Fighter- and Gerwalk-Mode on a support strut that should be deployed when you get the toy out of its package and is attached to the aircraft . The other differences are the same with all of the Renewals vs. the V1s (higher sitting legs, metal colored feet, translucent parts in the nose of the plane, appropriate landing gear, second seat in the cockpit, etc.). Also the pilot figure should be in the box and not in the cockpit since the V1 toy had pilots that can't be removed iirc.

If you don't want to mess with the toy the support strut for the gun and the removable pilot an empty cockpit should indicate that it is a Renewal toy. Also the V1 VF-25Gs have a lighter blue tinned cockpit canopy where the canopy of the Renewals is a deep purple color.

So there should be a lot of indications if it's a Renewal toy. Check out jenius' website for comparison pictures. He has updated pictures for the Renewals as well as the V1s.

Edited by Scyla

Guest davidwhangchoi

I got a lot more Valkyries since the last picture to finish my collection of the 1/60 V2 VF-1's. at this point the Super Ostrich is going more than I am willing to pay. Thanks Macross world members who helped me get the missing Valkyries in my collection and fulfilling my childhood dream over 20 years ago.

did you swap heads on your non weathered vf-1s max? i noticed in the picture the max has a blue heat shield, is that a vf-1a max body with a vf-1s head?

Glad your up to speed.

Thanks Kicker i do like my yamato's better than my Bandai's too

did you swap heads on your non weathered vf-1s max? i noticed in the picture the max has a blue heat shield, is that a vf-1a max body with a vf-1s head?

I was wondering if anyone would notice. Lol :) I have an extra VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1A Max but no VF-1A Hikaru so I switched the heads of the 2 so my weathered VF-1S Max is still in plane mode. I positioned the gunpod so the number 13 wouldnt be seen on the Max. I do like the blue heat shield better on the VF-1S Max anyways. :p:D Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

Klan's armor is equivalent size to 1/72 Macross kit. Btw is Michael human. His ears are pointed.

970198_10151454862252861_1733533206_n.jp

does anyone have a better picture of armored klan klan statue standing side by side with the vf-25g renewal? tnx.

Edited by KH355hamdi

When I first joined Macross World last year. I added anymoon and Veefs pages to my favorites along their YouTube videos. I pretty much memorized the list of Valkyries with bad shoulders but have since bought spare shoulder parts from Veef