wow all these 1/48 pictures making me like the 1/48's again. i mean i have almost all the 1/60s i want but back then....i only had the chance to acquire 3 of those 1/48's and only exactly 1 is on display now. they have such presence. i may have to bust them out of storage sometime.

wow all these 1/48 pictures making me like the 1/48's again. i mean i have almost all the 1/60s i want but back then....i only had the chance to acquire 3 of those 1/48's and only exactly 1 is on display now. they have such presence. i may have to bust them out of storage sometime.

1/48's for life!!

post-25-1183913819_thumb.jpg
post-25-1183913825_thumb.jpg
post-25-1183913834_thumb.jpg
post-25-1183913840_thumb.jpg
post-25-1183913847_thumb.jpg

I own one 1/48 valk, and while it's cool and all, it is just way too frustrating to handle. Got to the point where I ended up using quake putty to actually firm it up enough so that stuff wasn't always flying off or flopping around whenever I picked it up. Was that typical of 1/48's in general? Or did some valks fare better than others in that scale?

Oh, and fk missiles on the 1/48's too. So so frustrating. lol...

I own one 1/48 valk, and while it's cool and all, it is just way too frustrating to handle. Got to the point where I ended up using quake putty to actually firm it up enough so that stuff wasn't always flying off or flopping around whenever I picked it up. Was that typical of 1/48's in general? Or did some valks fare better than others in that scale?

I have one, bought new, and I thought it was definitely not as tight as the 1/60 v2. The missiles are prone to fall off, the arms don't stay locked into place in fighter mode, the hip/intake pieces tend to become unseated when moving the legs forward from fighter to gerwalk mode, the gun doesn't stay locked into place in fighter mode, and super parts tend to fall off. It definitely has size going for it, and compared to what came before I can see how at the time it was released it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. But after having handled a 1/60 v2, the 1/48 does feel floppier in comparison.

I have one, bought new, and I thought it was definitely not as tight as the 1/60 v2. The missiles are prone to fall off, the arms don't stay locked into place in fighter mode, the hip/intake pieces tend to become unseated when moving the legs forward from fighter to gerwalk mode, the gun doesn't stay locked into place in fighter mode, and super parts tend to fall off. It definitely has size going for it, and compared to what came before I can see how at the time it was released it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. But after having handled a 1/60 v2, the 1/48 does feel floppier in comparison.

What you've just described sounds exactly like the VF-0's and to a lesser extent my YF-19.

I was going to get one 1/48, but after this I am having second thoughts.

Depends on what your goal is... if you like to handle and pose your toys like I do, I wouldn't recommend it compared to a 1/60 V2. If you're more of a "curator" type who sticks them in a display and is done with it, the 1/48's display really well. I picked up the 1/48 Stealth VF-1J because I love the color scheme, but the overall unwieldiness of the toy with the super/strike parts on it just blows. But, like I said, boils down to what folks like to do with their stuff.

Depends on what your goal is... if you like to handle and pose your toys like I do, I wouldn't recommend it compared to a 1/60 V2. If you're more of a "curator" type who sticks them in a display and is done with it, the 1/48's display really well. I picked up the 1/48 Stealth VF-1J because I love the color scheme, but the overall unwieldiness of the toy with the super/strike parts on it just blows. But, like I said, boils down to what folks like to do with their stuff.

If you don't like it and thinking selling it. let me know. :p

I love 1/48, it's random if you get a flopper or not, I have a roy that's a floppy mess.

But my TV ver. Cannon Fodder is tighter then a _____'s ______. :mellow:

you ever try tightening all the accessible screws? that usualy helps greatly with loose/floppy mecha-toy joints...

I have 12 1/48's and none of them are floppy, I guess I am very lucky. I have never had the horror stories that other people have. (knocking very hard on wood) like any toy line there are good ones and sometimes bad ones. But they are great toys don't be afraid Dapro! Don't knock them until you've tried them. They still have a lot of detail such as moveable air brakes and ailerons. And if you do get a floppy one they still make great display pieces.

No 2nd thoughts Dapro! Buy one. Be one of us :p

I collect both v2 1/60's and 1/48's

I have 12 1/48's and none of them are floppy, I guess I am very lucky. I have never had the horror stories that other people have. (knocking very hard on wood) like any toy line there are good ones and sometimes bad ones. But they are great toys don't be afraid Dapro! Don't knock them until you've tried them. They still have a lot of detail such as moveable air brakes and ailerons. And if you do get a floppy one they still make great display pieces.

No 2nd thoughts Dapro! Buy one. Be one of us :p

I collect both v2 1/60's and 1/48's

I gotta agree with this, 1/48 is what got me into this originally, nothing beats a 1/48 Big Bad valk.

I'm still hoping to pick up a strike parts set for cheaper then 150 at some point.

Get a 1/48, don't be on the fence, they are spectacular!

Don't get me wrong, my 1/48 experience notwithstanding, I think it's still a good piece to have in your collection. The 1/60 v2 is just such an incredibly well-engineered and well-made toy that anything else is bound to pale in comparison. If you like to have a diversity of VFs, then I think it's worth it to have at least one in your collection. It isn't a toy worth avoiding by any means, and there are many worse toys out there.

Don't get me wrong, my 1/48 experience notwithstanding, I think it's still a good piece to have in your collection. The 1/60 v2 is just such an incredibly well-engineered and well-made toy that anything else is bound to pale in comparison. If you like to have a diversity of VFs, then I think it's worth it to have at least one in your collection. It isn't a toy worth avoiding by any means, and there are many worse toys out there.

I too love the v2 1/60's I have about 16 of them. For a lot of us we have been collecting since the late 80's. Between 2002 and 2009 the 1/48's were the best Valkyries money could buy. Or you could get the 1/55 Bandai valks(which I still like) and the Toynami stuff the very definition of floppy Valkyries. Back in 2003 you couldn't say hmmm I think I'll wait 6 more years for the v2 1/60's a lot of collectors at that time loved the 1/48's as the best valks of their time and still holds well against the newer models with gimmicks the newer stuff still do not have.

It is from displays2go.com, right? They also have electronic copy of the instruction posted on the website as well. Unfortunately they charge way too much for the cases (close to 600). I have done a lot of research and found that fixturedepot has the best merchandise price but slstoredisplay offers the best total price in my case because of the free shipping.

brenttoyou - Was trying to look up the name of the place you mentioned above called "sistoredisplay? It doesn't come up for me.