I like that blue valk group pic. I noticed from the exif data that your new camera is a D7000, right?

Hope you're enjoying it. I love using mine.

Thanks!

Absolutely, it's a bit complex but I really love it :)

Kicker you're gonna blow our minds again!

It was a long and hard road of studying and working extra hours and having a high school sweetheart marry you even for my faults and weird hobby I am extremely lucky....I did get the question last night of what is the most expensive toy I have bought or own. I was at a loss for words... Told her I had to check the inventory lol

There have been some fantastic displays show here lately, great job on the missile effects, Benson!

At some point I was tempted to pick up a 1/48 for that purpose and I was thinking of trying to do a missile effect with optic fiber wires and clear putty then I also got a 1/48 model kit to replace the 1J head with Hasegawa's 1/48 which looks a bit better to me and also features more details. But I'm just too lazy I guess :lol:

Here are some pics from my brand new camera :

_D078077.jpg

All those blue valks look really nice together. I was planning on getting a bunch of Blue and white valks and creating a fictional "Blue Reaper" black ops squadron. This pic has given me more motivation

Only a few bits of Macross in here since I'm on Valk Hiatus until the RVF-25 drops, but here's a shot of everything my wife and in-laws added to my collection over the last 2 days. The joy of looking at all this is tempered by the fact that I have no idea how I'm going to display it all... lol. Luckily my wife agreed that we need to add a retail-style countertop glass display case to the toy room since I got her a ton of stuff for the holidays. =)

703517_10151319531219254_147571340_o.jpg

what display case is that in that top picture (the bottom two pics appear to be modified detolfs)

We got these cases at a used retail fixture warehouse, so there isn't really a brand that I can refer you to. The shelving rails were added on as a mod by the original owner in order to turn the case into a front loading type with glass doors; front door glass display cases are pretty hard to find if you don't want to pay for a brand new or custom one, so we lucked out on these. Definitely comb your local used fixture store though, since there's always some hidden gems there.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished scrolling through this entire thread admiring everyone's collections. Very impressive! However, what happened to all of Kicker's photos? I'm dying to see his collection. Reading everyone's compliments of his stash makes me think it is quite a sight to behold.

Kicker, any chance those broken links could be fixed? :)

It's like staring at the Ark of the Covenant, you eyes will burn and your face will melt at the sheer amount and amesomeness that it is as well as instill a sense of envy like you have never had before. Kind of wish Godzilla still kicked around, and there was another one whose name I can't remember, back in the day they had the overall fleet of 1/48s and such as well.

I just finished scrolling through this entire thread admiring everyone's collections. Very impressive! However, what happened to all of Kicker's photos? I'm dying to see his collection. Reading everyone's compliments of his stash makes me think it is quite a sight to behold.

Kicker, any chance those broken links could be fixed? :)

You're better off not seeing his collection. Your shelf will never be the same in your eyes.

Edited by Benson13

No toy store, just toy collection. I don't have time running a shop. Plus it's coming to a point for me to get rid of some things to make room. Gotta convert the other room into a guest room/crafts room. Plus whoever hangs out there will still be staring at toys. LoL