Arcadia Roy and Hikaru Strike VF-1S

Toonz

12 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Cool! Is this a simple mod? I must have missed any other talk about it. 

Swapping out the heat shield out is simple enough. Getting a spare Roy 1S heat shield, or making your own Skull Squadron heat shield in black, is the real trick. ;)

10 hours ago, technoblue said:

Swapping out the heat shield out is simple enough. Getting a spare Roy 1S heat shield, or making your own Skull Squadron heat shield in black, is the real trick. ;)

Ah, I thought there may be a simple trick involved in procuring the heat shield

3 hours ago, treatment said:

DWC will have to buy two Roy-Premiums now to get the black Jolly Roger for both the heatshield and the FP.

Otherwise, he'll missed out on the Premium's tampo-details...:bump:

For sure, he has extra unused Roy's than most of us. ^_^

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

That's what it should have looked like out of the freakin box....but I digress...<_<

Yeah I probably would have bought one that way and it would still fit in with the other Yamato Valks.

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Well,  sure.  Why not?  It's a nice simple deco to do these days, anyway. 

Fwiw and iirc, some older member(s) here have had a Yellow JR on their Roy's back in the day...

:bump:

funny thing there is no longer a yellow heat shield in the movie. the blu ray changed the color of roys heat shield.

18 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

funny thing there is no longer a yellow heat shield in the movie. the blu ray changed the color of roys heat shield.

Oh, way before the Blu-Ray.

BV "fixed" the colors in the HD-Remastered dvd -->  http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BCBA-3170

yet,  some (or maybe all) of us still have the first dvd version that was bootlegged to hell and back...

:bump:

Edited by treatment

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm pretty sure it would've been perfect if he used the Premium Finish version as the base. ^_^

I think if I had both I'd get my regular version painted with the cell shading for the more anime look and keep the premium as is for more realistic look.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I think if I had both I'd get my regular version painted with the cell shading for the more anime look and keep the premium as is for more realistic look.

IMHO, I wouldn't call the Premium Finish a realistic look. If it were weathered, it might. If the Premium is realistic then the DX Valks has the right to that title more.  ^_^

46 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

IMHO, I wouldn't call the Premium Finish a realistic look. If it were weathered, it might. If the Premium is realistic then the DX Valks has the right to that title more.  ^_^

Well, I did say "more realistic"...A valk with a bunch of detailed decals compared to one without and painted with the cell shade look seems "more realistic" to me. Not all real aircraft are always weathered looking either...

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Well, I did say "more realistic"...A valk with a bunch of detailed decals compared to one without and painted with the cell shade look seems "more realistic" to me. Not all real aircraft are always weathered looking either...

I'm just being sarcastic that's all. Due to that Premium Finish thing. I'm still not satisfied with what Arcadia's doing with their releases. :rolleyes: