4 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I still can’t get over jar jar binks in phantom menace.  Clone wars has grown on me but still not the best movie. Revenge of the sith is prob in the top three Star Wars movies I watch with the empire strikes back and return of the Jedi.  Looking back the prequels do feel more like a “Star Wars” movie though in comparison to the most recent 2 movies. 

That’s how I feel too for the most part. I do really like TFA, but loath TLJ. While I do see and acknowledge glaring issues with the prequels, I can still watch them and find enjoyment in them. I just can’t with TLJ. Easily the extreme bottom of my SW movie rankings. I don’t begrudge anyone’s personal tastes or preferences, though.

Anywho, I still love SW and hope for a good fun movie. I liked the teaser, something I did for TFA trailers and ironically didn’t for TLJ.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

11 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

In my universe there's only episodes IV and V.  They end with Luke hallucinating all the other episodes as he falls to his death from Cloud City.

Lol! Like Bobby Ewing showing up in the shower on Dallas. Brilliant. 

Chris

On 4/18/2019 at 7:40 AM, Keith said:

From a certain perspective.

Yes,yes..:spiteful:

On 4/18/2019 at 7:59 AM, Roy Focker said:

In my universe there's only episodes IV and V.  They end with Luke hallucinating all the other episodes as he falls to his death from Cloud City.

THIS!:lol:

On 4/18/2019 at 7:59 AM, Roy Focker said:

As long as that's the last scene from TROS, I would be ok with it.  Preferably young Luke just as he splats.... 

I'm worried! I think the only way this could have been saved is if TLJ was Luke visiting an alternate dimension,to see if there was a way they could defeat the fist order. And him disappearing at the end was him returning to his reality. Now if the leaked script that surfaced recently is true. Than this will be the worst ending of any saga. It will be the opposite of avengers end game. But I'm hoping that they are pulling a (Blue harvest. horror beyond imagination) on us. If not, then I think I can rightfully say that "disney ruined my childhood."

On 4/27/2019 at 9:17 PM, jammaker said:

I'm worried! I think the only way this could have been saved is if TLJ was Luke visiting an alternate dimension,to see if there was a way they could defeat the fist order. And him disappearing at the end was him returning to his reality. Now if the leaked script that surfaced recently is true. Than this will be the worst ending of any saga. It will be the opposite of avengers end game. But I'm hoping that they are pulling a (Blue harvest. horror beyond imagination) on us. If not, then I think I can rightfully say that "disney ruined my childhood."

No, your childhood still happened and it was grand.  Luke burned his father under a fireworks display for some rebel fighters and teddy bears and it was wonderful.  That still happened and it's got nothing to do with wasted potential forty years later.

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

No, your childhood still happened and it was grand.  Luke burned his father under a fireworks display for some rebel fighters and teddy bears and it was wonderful.  That still happened and it's got nothing to do with wasted potential forty years later.

I don't know about YOUR childhood but that did not happen in mine.  My childhood ended somewhere between the opening credits and that point...

No that's true. Seeing the starwars trilogy as a pre teen in the 80's was literally out of this world, it was larger than life. And we were all the more enriched because of it. And nothing can take that away. Not even someone who tries to re- write the established universe or retroactively change things now. We had it good. It's just a pity in this SJ, pandering world, they took Luke's character and belittled and degraded it and disrespected it so much, that we all feel hurt. Luke the greatest Jedi of all kicked in the nuts and told to disappear. Don't worry we love and admire you Mark Hamill and know how much Luke Skywalker meant to you and all of us. We salute you.

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

I don't know which Luke you saw as a kid but the one I remember was a whiny little snot with daddy issues.

Yup, young Obi-Wan was a far better Jedi + he had the high ground.

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

I don't know which Luke you saw as a kid but the one I remember was a whiny little snot with daddy issues.

Your memory is terrible then.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

anakin-return-of-the-jedi.png

That scene was edited and put out in the late 90's, that does not affect my memories from 1983.

2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

He was kinda whiny in A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back but he'd started to grow out of it by Return of the Jedi.  

Him being a massive troll and f*cking off to the middle of nowhere just shows he was a better Jedi apprentice than Yoda thought, pulling classic Jedi Master "I f*cked up" moves like that.

30 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

He was kinda whiny in A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back but he'd started to grow out of it by Return of the Jedi.  

Him being a massive troll and f*cking off to the middle of nowhere just shows he was a better Jedi apprentice than Yoda thought, pulling classic Jedi Master "I f*cked up" moves like that.

I'd say he was at his worst in Jedi by trying to save his daddy.  Only plot protection saves his rear in that one.

And yeah, Luke really really really did learn quite well from both Yoda and Obi-Won.  With role models like that what would we expect him to do?

40 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

I'd say he was at his worst in Jedi by trying to save his daddy.  Only plot protection saves his rear in that one.

Nah, he wasn't really whiny... just really obnoxiously insistent.  The plot armor is something every force user gets, until they don't.  Y'know... destiny this, foreseen that, yadda yadda yadda.

40 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

And yeah, Luke really really really did learn quite well from both Yoda and Obi-Won.  With role models like that what would we expect him to do?

He's really more Yoda's student than Obi-wan's... if he were following in Obi-wan's footsteps he'd have cut off three of Ben's limbs, set his ass on fire, and left him to live the rest of his life as a 7'2" asthmatic chunk of burnt, leathery bacon in a robotic gimp suit. 

Edited by Seto Kaiba

4 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Nah, he wasn't really whiny... just really obnoxiously insistent.  The plot armor is something every force user gets, until they don't.  Y'know... destiny this, foreseen that, yadda yadda yadda.

He's really more Yoda's student than Obi-wan's... if he were following in Obi-wan's footsteps he'd have cut off three of Ben's limbs, set his ass on fire, and left him to live the rest of his life as a 7'2" asthmatic chunk of burnt, leathery bacon in a robotic gimp suit. 

oh man, so wrong, soooo hilarious.

On 4/18/2019 at 2:05 AM, Keith said:

Anakin clone (look at the scene in TFA, when she first picks up Anakin's lightsaber).

I could live with that. And even like it! In a way, we would be getting back the original Luke-character as was intended in the first treatment of ANH.

6 hours ago, Bolt said:

And now rumors JJ’s gonna alter the prequel trilogy with this one..

explain... how? he's going to reshot the prequals? in the same way IV-VI was done prior to the prequels?

18 hours ago, Bolt said:

And now rumors JJ’s gonna alter the prequel trilogy with this one..

In what regard?

For what it's worth, I don't consider the sequel trilogy to be significantly worse than the prequel trilogy.  They were both fully of sloppy writing, unnecessary plot devices, a romance sub-plot written by someone who's apparently incapable of relating to other human beings, and characters whose voices quickly became The Most Annoying Sound.

Whatever he intends to do, it can't be as heart-stoppingly inane as the alleged plot of The Rise of Skywalker that was leaked online a week or so back.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

In what regard?

Apparently a retelling/alternate history of Darth Plagueis. Different from what we heard in the prequels..

JJ has to mess with the prequels too, i guess , in order for ole Palpatine’s return to make sense. 

I’m not hear to defend the prequels, and I seriously doubt anything done to alter them (post milenial) are going to make much of a difference. But geez man, the dead should stay where they lay..

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

In what regard?

For what it's worth, I don't consider the sequel trilogy to be significantly worse than the prequel trilogy.  They were both fully of sloppy writing, unnecessary plot devices, a romance sub-plot written by someone who's apparently incapable of relating to other human beings, and characters whose voices quickly became The Most Annoying Sound.

Whatever he intends to do, it can't be as heart-stoppingly inane as the alleged plot of The Rise of Skywalker that was leaked online a week or so back.

Reveal hidden contents

If this true, then Star Wars is well and truly dead.  The only way to bring it back will be to *shudder* reboot it.  But hear me out on that.  With a good writing and directing team at the helm *cough* Dave Filoni *cough* it could be done right, erase the issues with prequels, fix some of the plot holes of the OT, and wipe out the mess that in the Sequel Trilogy.

20 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Apparently a retelling/alternate history of Darth Plagueis. Different from what we heard in the prequels..

... huh?  When, in the prequel trilogy, did we get history on that guy?  

IIRC the only time he's even mentioned is a "legend" related by the galaxy's most unreliable narrator, Darth Sideous, who had already spend the entire trilogy lying through his teeth to all and sundry.

20 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I’m not hear to defend the prequels, and I seriously doubt anything done to alter them (post milenial) are going to make much of a difference. But geez man, the dead should stay where they lay..

This, for a franchise full of incredibly talkative dead guys... :lol:

(Back before Disney sensibly chucked the entire Expanded Universe, Palpatine had made death into a bit of a revolving door hadn't he?  I seem to recall his dumb arse coming back to life several times to continue acting like a goddamn Disney villain.)

11 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

If this true, then Star Wars is well and truly dead. 

If that alleged leak is on the level, I'm going to get far more entertainment value out of watching Star Wars fans go to pieces than I am from the film.

Either way, I'm going to need popcorn.  Lots and lots of popcorn.

11 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

The only way to bring it back will be to *shudder* reboot it.  But hear me out on that.  With a good writing and directing team at the helm [...]

You've seen the kind of people Disney has let helm the franchise.

If we're going to wish, let's at least keep our wishes realistic.

5 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

... huh?  When, in the prequel trilogy, did we get history on that guy?  

IIRC the only time he's even mentioned is a "legend" related by the galaxy's most unreliable narrator, Darth Sideous, who had already spend the entire trilogy lying through his teeth to all and sundry.

That’s right. This would be Sidious telling a different version from what we heard in ROTS. And yes! Sidious was a consummate list and manipulator, so this gives JJ the wiggle room he needs to make ROTS even “better” cough,cough. While making franchise history with episode 9...(can you hear the sarcasm?)

I’m not holding my breadth on any of this stuff. The Lame beyond comparison utube you included is just as likely to be true as well..

36 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

palpatine-2-1539176362.jpg?crop=0.668xw:

"You wanna know how I got these scars?"

56 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

If that alleged leak is on the level, I'm going to get far more entertainment value out of watching Star Wars fans go to pieces than I am from the film.

Either way, I'm going to need popcorn.  Lots and lots of popcorn.

While I take these rumors with a grain of salt, that sounds like typical Abrams-BS. Mystery box at the start with zero payoff at the end.