Calibre Wings 1/72 F-14D Diecast Macross Custom

seti88

My non MZ F-14 arrived today from Flying Mule. Took them a while to get the stock.

It looks really nice. But sadly the landing gears covers seems to be missing. :( 

I will need to get in touch with them, or @Blackaces can help me out (that would be nice).

The empty box area on the top left should be for the landing gears covers right?IMG_20200918_175059.jpg.8e1600f58345981f46adcd411bb80e42.jpg

9 minutes ago, jenius said:

No, they're under the model. Nothing goes top left, usually it's a authenticity card.

Thanks. I have not even pick the plane up. Now I found the covers. Phew. That empty authenticity card area is confusing.

All good now.

This is a beautiful bird.

I'll say it again, I really wish the 0D PF is in similar style, and this is in 1/60. It will be a super combo.

2 hours ago, kkx said:

Thanks. I have not even pick the plane up. Now I found the covers. Phew. That empty authenticity card area is confusing.

All good now.

This is a beautiful bird.

I'll say it again, I really wish the 0D PF is in similar style, and this is in 1/60. It will be a super combo.

Yeah, a 1/60 of this would have been a insta-buy. @Rogueload kinda peer pressured me into the 1/72.:D It's working because it's hanging out with Zero Battroids. I would like to have put it with the Fighters though.

On 9/18/2020 at 9:16 AM, ErikElvis said:

Anyone plan on picking one of these up. I’m considering since the not zero looks so damn good. 

427EB8B4-8CC2-4E95-82CD-0F938D9BC84A.jpeg

Frankly, no, because they need to stop with the stupid repainted missiles.  I don't care if they're trying to mimic the style of the VF-1, they just look ugly on an F-14.

21 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Frankly, no, because they need to stop with the stupid repainted missiles.  I don't care if they're trying to mimic the style of the VF-1, they just look ugly on an F-14.

Hmm that wasn’t even a thought in my mind. I’m not much of a stickler though. 

18 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Don't worry. They will probably fall off anyway.:rolleyes:

19 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I feel the same...along with the red tint on the front windscreen instead of the green the Tomcat actually had. What was the reason for that change??

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Could always use Museum Wax as well. I keep a jar around to keep my stuff from slipping off of the shelf.

That’s a good suggestion thanks! I have some poster tack that should work similarly. 

Edited by Slave IV

My Mac Z F-14 wasn’t shipped yet from The Flying Mule because my credit card info wasn’t updated.  Just updated it now so I should be getting it soon.  I might get their Maverick and Iceman F-14s as well.

12 minutes ago, LRS said:

Come on Calibre!! The F203 Dragon 2 is just begging to be made!!! :D

HEY NOW!!

Don't sic them on my wallet like that!!:ph34r:

I was browsing through my macross design works and there are so many fighters that haven't been made into models. I'll assume that calibre only has the license for the original series. Given that the F203 dragon and the karyovin don't transform, calibre is probably the best chance of those coming to market. I bet if they make a limited run of 300 they will sell out since it would be their first appearance as models. I sent them an email suggesting it. Maybe if others do it as well it will show an interest to them. At worst things continue on as they always have. 

2 hours ago, LRS said:

I was browsing through my macross design works and there are so many fighters that haven't been made into models. I'll assume that calibre only has the license for the original series. Given that the F203 dragon and the karyovin don't transform, calibre is probably the best chance of those coming to market. I bet if they make a limited run of 300 they will sell out since it would be their first appearance as models. I sent them an email suggesting it. Maybe if others do it as well it will show an interest to them. At worst things continue on as they always have. 

There's no need to put a ceiling at 300 units, but one could use that as the "floor" for something like: "We're not able/willing to produce it unless/until we have XXX many pre-orders." etc.

Why put an upward limit on potential profit??

I'd be in for at least one F203 Dragon II and one MiM-31 Karyovin... more cool paint-schemes would equal more of my money!!

Calibre Wings makes finished die-cast models... they wouldn't be a good fit for super obscure planes that don't have multiple paint variants. Hasegawa or another unfinished plastic model company would be a MUCH better fit for something like that or, more realistically for rare non-transforming Macross vehicles, a craft resin model manufacturer where the production run needs to be in the 10s of units... not 100s. 

There is always a buyer for these type of collectibles.....I personally do not care much for non-canon schemes, but exceptions are made from time to time if they look good, for example the F-14 "VF-1D" limited release....perhaps a limited edition "Black Aces" 2-pack boxset "MiM-31 Karyovin v. F203 Dragon II" would be sufficient....the 2-pack M&M is pretty cool and sets a precedent for a 2-pack 1/72 scale diecast set

38 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

There is always a buyer for these type of collectibles.....I personally do not care much for non-canon schemes, but exceptions are made from time to time if they look good, for example the F-14 "VF-1D" limited release....perhaps a limited edition "Black Aces" 2-pack boxset "MiM-31 Karyovin v. F203 Dragon II" would be sufficient....the 2-pack M&M is pretty cool and sets a precedent for a 2-pack 1/72 scale diecast set

I too think the F-14 in the VF-1D paint schema is probably my favorite version of the CW F-14s with the Mac-Z one right behind it.

It was ugly.. in a good way and looks even better in real life.

I'd also like to see some other VF-1 paint schemes... Angel Birds, DYRL, maybe even a VF-1D.. could do a virgin road edition..

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Well, if it gets made, you will know you were right. :)