Calibre Wings 1/72 F-14D Diecast Macross Custom

seti88

14 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I thought it was because of this:

"This item has been specifically flagged by Big West and we will honor this notification the best we can."

So basically, an item that is not intended for the Japanese market is an issue for BW.  So essentially, if some Japanese M0 fan (apparently not enough to have made some Japanese company come out with a diecast M0 F-14) were to buy this, BW is assuming CalWings would not provide any solution to a problem with the MacZ F-14.  A problem overseas customers face everytime we make a Macross purchase.  Since BW is now apparently concerned for all Macross customers, they can start insisting that their Japanese licensees start supporting overseas buyers whenever their valks break or come with wrong or missing parts...nah!!!! :nea:

Considering all the stuff posted on the 3rd party Transformer/Gundam threads over in the Sci-Fi section, this is not even close to the most egregious copyright infringement being discussed on this site. However, it's the only one being discussed in this sub-forum.

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Considering all the stuff posted on the 3rd party Transformer/Gundam threads over in the Sci-Fi section, this is not even close to the most egregious copyright infringement being discussed on this site. However, it's the only one being discussed in this sub-forum.

Exactly!  Heck...there's even a KO Valk thread in the MAIN SECTION of the threads...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/44602-this-was-bound-to-happengray-market-vfs/

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

I thought anything not macross is not discussed in the main section, but can be discussed in the Anime or Science Fiction.

Anyway, I feel Calibre Wings will never be granted any license as they have touched Harmony Gold.

That's the idea....but I guess it has never really been enforced...

Pretty sad if CalWings' HG licenses were the reason why BW denied them a license for the Mac Z F-14 SHIN SPECIAL.....actually, they will now never get a BW license because they are releasing an unlicensed fan product!  Pandora's Box has now been breached....if BW is really serious, they should take CalWings to court...otherwise this may simply embolden other companies to follow CalWings' lead....:rolleyes:

I don't like having to check another part of the forum to find Macross related items even if they are unlicensed or KO. Macross is so small and niche with so few products already. If you bunch some items in a part where there is a flood of non-Macross related items, I'll likely never see them and miss out if I wanted it.

11 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I thought it was because of this:

"This item has been specifically flagged by Big West and we will honor this notification the best we can."

So basically, an item that is not intended for the Japanese market is an issue for BW.  So essentially, if some Japanese M0 fan (apparently not enough to have made some Japanese company come out with a diecast M0 F-14) were to buy this, BW is assuming CalWings would not provide any solution to a problem with the MacZ F-14.  A problem overseas customers face everytime we make a Macross purchase.  Since BW is now apparently concerned for all Macross customers, they can start insisting that their Japanese licensees start supporting overseas buyers whenever their valks break or come with wrong or missing parts...nah!!!! :nea:

Where was that posted at?

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Big West seems pretty stingy with the Macross licenses to begin with.

They're just as pathetic as Harmony Gold, really.  They're an advertising company living off royalties, creating nothing... and just as HG milks Robotech dry because they've got nothing else left, Big West milks Macross dry because -- you guessed it! -- they've got nothing else left, either.

I mean, you don't see anybody lining up to buy Irresponsible Captain Tylor merchandise, do you?  <_<

BW specifically targeted this one item, so I made a decision to restrict discussion of it on the boards to respect that.  
I am not privy, and suspect neither is anyone but Noel, as to why they chose to make a notable vocal exception on this product and single him out.

Its been made clear that my actions to restrict discussion are hypocritical, and I've made it clear my reason for the request.

Just now, ErikElvis said:

I got mine a few days ago. As expected the missiles are fiddly and the landing gear drops out but the model is great. Mine came pretty fast.  Plan on putting it on the ocean pass diorama. 

So there have been no improvements or something like magnets added (I saw somewhere mentioning they were making this improvement) to keep all the stuff in place? Bummer.

24 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

So there have been no improvements or something like magnets added (I saw somewhere mentioning they were making this improvement) to keep all the stuff in place? Bummer.

They are working on that feature but hasn’t been implemented yet. IIRC, not until 2021.

Chris

45 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I got mine a few days ago. As expected the missiles are fiddly and the landing gear drops out but the model is great. Mine came pretty fast.  Plan on putting it on the ocean pass diorama. 

Wow you got yours quick....no update on mine since Aug 12. :(

Chris

1 hour ago, ErikElvis said:

Same here! It’s gonna look sweet with the ocean diorama!!

7 hours ago, tekering said:

They're just as pathetic as Harmony Gold, really.  They're an advertising company living off royalties, creating nothing... and just as HG milks Robotech dry because they've got nothing else left, Big West milks Macross dry because -- you guessed it! -- they've got nothing else left, either.

Naamloos-1.jpg

:good:

3 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

This is by far the best calibre wings f14 i have owned so far. Looks great and everything fits perfectly. You obviously have to handle it with care, but everything fits and holds on really well.

thumbnail_DSC_0003.jpg

thumbnail_DSC_0002.jpg

That looks amazing! Can’t wait to get mine.  Still stuck in China.  

Considering that the "main coloring" is nigh-identical to many other low-vis Tomcats, and only minor artwork changes would be needed for multiple releases, I'd very much like to see some other (real US Navy) squadrons done with this finish/weathering.  

Grim Reaper's airshow demo plane please, F-14D  AD167:

BL16_185.jpg

(hundreds of thousands of people would have seen this plane fly)

Is anyone else’s not doing anything? My tracking info from China post hasn’t updated since 8/12 where it says “sent to airline” USPS has nothing in its tracking.

Chris

44 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Is anyone else’s not doing anything? My tracking info from China post hasn’t updated since 8/12 where it says “sent to airline” USPS has nothing in its tracking.

Chris

Mine was the same. Just found it in my post box when I went down to collect a different package today.

52 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Mine was the same. Just found it in my post box when I went down to collect a different package today.

Yep, the same organization that will be handling voting. What could go wrong?:unknw: