Calibre Wings 1/72 F-14D Diecast Macross Custom

seti88

So people seem to be making a big connection between this motorized deck and Macross, but it's... not, right? Like it's not based on anything specifically Macross and is just an aircraft carrier deck/elevator, right? Just want clarification on that, since there seems to be some cross-talk with the Shin F-14 release.

Edited by kajnrig

19 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

So people seem to be making a big connection between this motorized deck and Macross, but it's... not, right? Like it's not based on anything specifically Macross and is just an aircraft carrier deck/elevator, right? Just want clarification on that, since there seems to be some cross-talk with the Shin F-14 release.

Yes, it's not being advertised as Macross related by Calibre, BUT the original modeler who they purchased design from said it is intended to be a replica of the opening scene of SDFM.

58 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yes, it's not being advertised as Macross related by Calibre, BUT the original modeler who they purchased design from said it is intended to be a replica of the opening scene of SDFM.

Well, at least they're being smart about it this time. Also it doesn't exactly match up (the elevator deck, for instance, has different lines).

The squar-ish opening to the hangar area gives it away as being more "NOT MACROSS" than the rounded opening of an actual US Navy Hangar elevator.....

7c053d0c49f75e6a5582ccfe460291a0.jpg

Just look at the elevator floor.......It's another NOT-MACROSS....but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Don't rile up the haters.....:drinks:

large.2119815944_Macrosselevator.JPG.cd3

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

The squar-ish opening to the hangar area gives it away as being more "NOT MACROSS" than the rounded opening of an actual US Navy Hangar elevator.....

7c053d0c49f75e6a5582ccfe460291a0.jpg

Just look at the elevator floor.......It's another NOT-MACROSS....but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Don't rile up the haters.....:drinks:

large.2119815944_Macrosselevator.JPG.cd3

:yahoo:

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, at least they're being smart about it this time. Also it doesn't exactly match up (the elevator decsonk, for instance, has different lines).

Caliber Wings has a valid SDF license through Harmony Gold, as well as a Robotech license. Only reason to not brand this one is an attempt to keep a low profile after the Zero kerfuffle.

Unless they're talking to HG's lawyers right now.

Edited by JB0

32 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

So the BBTS link for the Shin variant is now 404. Any guesses what that's about? :ph34r:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/131246

And I don't see it listed with the other Calibre Wings items;

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=calibre+wings

-b.

BBTS removes questionable or unlicensed products.   

Calibre Wings removed the item from their main site too,  They also removed comments and posts from their Facebook and tweeter .

The one that you do see from their Facebook are the ones stating it's suppose to be a wink wink Custom from "Black-ace" :db:

This was asked previous page, but what's the "Black Ace" connection? What's up also with the Gadsden Flag lookalike? The spade I get - VFA-41 Black Aces - but the snake? Setting aside modern US political usage, it doesn't make sense in the context of VFA-41, Calibre Wings, or Macross Zero... unless I'm missing something.

14 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

This was asked previous page, but what's the "Black Ace" connection? What's up also with the Gadsden Flag lookalike? The spade I get - VFA-41 Black Aces - but the snake? Setting aside modern US political usage, it doesn't make sense in the context of VFA-41, Calibre Wings, or Macross Zero... unless I'm missing something.

Black Aces is a company (perhaps named in homage). It would seem the heat from the licensing fall out at Calibre Wings triggered the finished products to be delivered instead by a separate company.

On 7/27/2020 at 12:27 AM, seti88 said:

Which version of the monster? Just wondering what the weight tolerance is for the motor to be able to push..

Model kits would be no problem i should say, since they hardly weigh much compared to a diecast.

haha I was talking about the Monster in M Zero ;)  

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

They been HG'd?

:lol:

5 hours ago, F360 said:

BBTS removes questionable or unlicensed products.   

Calibre Wings removed the item from their main site too,  They also removed comments and posts from their Facebook and tweeter .

The one that you do see from their Facebook are the ones stating it's suppose to be a wink wink Custom from "Black-ace" :db:

Ah, gotcha.

-b.

If any of you guys are getting the M0 F-14 and are new to diecast aircraft models, be aware that some of the small bits and pieces are not going to fit as smoothly as say things on Yamato/Arcadia/Bandai models.  The glove pylons on Calibre Wings models are particularly iffy. Sometimes they fit fine, other times it's a total pain in the a$$.  When it's bad, some filing and glue is likely going to be needed. If glue is needed, I recommend using Elmer's white glue (apply and wait a day). Elmer's glue isn't permanent and won't attack the paint (also cleans easy with a wet cloth).   

Also, Calibre's Facebook page informs that newer releases of their Tomcat models will come with brass pitot tubes.  Not sure if the M0 release will come with this but if so, the pitot tube will be difficult to attach with fingers. CW on their FB page suggests using a bottle cap to gently wiggle the thing in.

4 hours ago, Vifam7 said:

If any of you guys are getting the M0 F-14 and are new to diecast aircraft models, be aware that some of the small bits and pieces are not going to fit as smoothly as say things on Yamato/Arcadia/Bandai models.  The glove pylons on Calibre Wings models are particularly iffy. Sometimes they fit fine, other times it's a total pain in the a$$.  When it's bad, some filing and glue is likely going to be needed. If glue is needed, I recommend using Elmer's white glue (apply and wait a day). Elmer's glue isn't permanent and won't attack the paint (also cleans easy with a wet cloth).   

Also, Calibre's Facebook page informs that newer releases of their Tomcat models will come with brass pitot tubes.  Not sure if the M0 release will come with this but if so, the pitot tube will be difficult to attach with fingers. CW on their FB page suggests using a bottle cap to gently wiggle the thing in.

This is the main reason I won’t buy anymore CW. Everything falls off it anytime I barely touch the thing. The landing doors, pylons, ordinance, exhaust nozzles...all loose as a, well you know. 

Elmer’s glue is a good suggestion but I haven’t had any since I was in elementary school and it would have been better if I just didn’t need to glue my prebuilt diecast model. 

Anyways, looks cool and look forward to seeing pics from other people. I am interested in the elevator though. That’s a sweet looking display enhancer. 

24 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Thought they were going to start using magnets...not sure if the "Macross Zero" F-14 will, but perhaps future releases

What is this Macross Zero you speak of?  I only know of Mac Z.  :D