Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

So after the hardpoint fiasco of the regular release has anybody besides Lolicon attempted to put missiles on theirs?

Also, outside of having the little 301's printed on the tail fins (because carving those little bastards with an exacto is tedious) I honestly don't believe the Premium version here is worth it.

Edited by Mommar

23 minutes ago, Mommar said:

So after the hardpoint fiasco of the regular release has anybody besides Lolicon attempted to put missiles on theirs?

Also, outside of having the little 301's printed on the tail fins (because carving those little bastards with an exacto is tedious) I honestly don't believe the Premium version here is worth it.

Hardpoint fiasco?  I was able to successfully put missiles on my regular release Arcadia Max + Miria VF-1J's.

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hardpoint fiasco?  I was able to successfully put missiles on my regular release Arcadia Max + Miria VF-1J's.

Yeah, I don't think it was so much of a fiasco. Just a few cases where people had defective hardpoints. Seems like most people have no issue. You can read about it if you go back through the thread. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I don't think it was so much of a fiasco. Just a few cases where people had defective hardpoints. Seems like most people have no issue. You can read about it if you go back through the thread. 

Well, what emerged was that there was a long time issue with them going back to some of the first Yamato releases.  I have a bad hard point on my VF-1A Hikky as a matter of fact.  Maybe it was overblown but it seemed like several of the new 1J's had issues but maybe that was just my miss-understanding.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I think one person broke a hardpoint and so it became an epidemic. Because it's Macross World. :lol:

Lol, so true!

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Well, what emerged was that there was a long time issue with them going back to some of the first Yamato releases.  I have a bad hard point on my VF-1A Hikky as a matter of fact.  Maybe it was overblown but it seemed like several of the new 1J's had issues but maybe that was just my miss-understanding.

No, I think you laid out pretty much what it was. Just that a few loud complaints can seem like a big deal especially when most the people who have no issues are too busy enjoying their toys to bother commenting here. I'm glad none of my Valks have the issue and it seems most people feel the same or heads would be rolling because this is after all, as they say - Macross World!

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Lol, so true!

No, I think you laid out pretty much what it was. Just that a few loud complaints can seem like a big deal especially when most the people who have no issues are too busy enjoying their toys to bother commenting here. I'm glad none of my Valks have the issue and it seems most people feel the same or heads would be rolling because this is after all, as they say - Macross World!

I feel lucky. I tested out the hardpoints on all 8 of my Arcadia and Yamato v2 valkyries, with the exception of the Elintseeker. Its hardpoints are currently intact, and if it has a design flaw in its hardpoints, I don't want to know. LOL!

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Well my Arcadia M&M's have no hardpoint issues (I tried the missiles).

But the hardpoints are different (thicker now) from the Yamato ones.

Maybe you should be more careful now when rotating the missiles to take them out?

23 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Lol, so true!

it's not a few loud complaints. it was several users that reported it.  if a few reported it, it's legitimate. 

i myself single handedly was loud but my argument was destroyed by factual user experience. my ass was handed to me and i admit it was a poor point. but please don't discourage even a few reports by writing them off as loud complaints. those are necessary to ID problems. if only a few people complain it may an issue and not over blown. that was the point for the 0A/D. only a few complained and we heard the same crap from everyone else saying most people don't have issues, but "our entire line of VF-0's going forward were corrected after a few user pics and those " loud complaints"  

comparisons from yamato to arcadia via benbenben4213

who reports the color is a shade (slight) different from yamato  

29790519_10156308446047421_7370003617526317056_o.jpg

29695347_10156308446692421_2724647516514549760_o.jpg

29694755_10156308446767421_3807580609182695424_o.jpg

30127354_10156308446217421_559468968327249920_o.jpg

29694541_10156308446517421_8597993866202710016_o.jpg

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

it's not a few loud complaints. it was several users that reported it.  if a few reported it, it's legitimate. 

i myself single handedly was loud but my argument was destroyed by factual user experience. my ass was handed to me and i admit it was a poor point. but please don't discourage even a few reports by writing them off as loud complaints. those are necessary to ID problems. if only a few people complain it may an issue and not over blown. that was the point for the 0A/D. only a few complained and we heard the same crap from everyone else saying most people don't have issues, but "our entire line of VF-0's going forward were corrected after a few user pics and those " loud complaints"  

comparisons from yamato to arcadia via benbenben4213

who reports the color is a shade (slight) different from yamato  

29790519_10156308446047421_7370003617526317056_o.jpg

29695347_10156308446692421_2724647516514549760_o.jpg

29694755_10156308446767421_3807580609182695424_o.jpg

30127354_10156308446217421_559468968327249920_o.jpg

29694541_10156308446517421_8597993866202710016_o.jpg

Thanks DWC! The 0A/D thing was a big deal and it will always be remembered for a case where user complaints made a big difference in a future release. I'm grateful for that because the 0S I got as a result is what I consider the best Valk ever made. 

With these 1J hardpoints, I commend you on eating your own words and admitting defeat...major props for that! It really sucks that some people got bad hardpoints but it really does seem like a very limited and isolated case compared to the 0A/D issues. As you can see in our little sample group, the majority have perfectly functional hardpoints on their M&M reissues. If more improvements can be made for future releases based on feedback, great. I'm just glad I got a good pair of M&Ms and have no complaints. 

On 4/5/2018 at 3:13 PM, Scyla said:

Man I really wished Arcadia would release a VF-1J from M7. The added black highlights look really slick. :) 

I was debating for a while to get an extra VF-1J Milia to convert into the one from M7 but I’ll just stick to my HMR custom.  Plus I have no more space in my 1/60 display detolf if I made one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2018 at 3:59 AM, Slave IV said:

Thanks DWC! The 0A/D thing was a big deal and it will always be remembered for a case where user complaints made a big difference in a future release. I'm grateful for that because the 0S I got as a result is what I consider the best Valk ever made. 

With these 1J hardpoints, I commend you on eating your own words and admitting defeat...major props for that! It really sucks that some people got bad hardpoints but it really does seem like a very limited and isolated case compared to the 0A/D issues. As you can see in our little sample group, the majority have perfectly functional hardpoints on their M&M reissues. If more improvements can be made for future releases based on feedback, great. I'm just glad I got a good pair of M&Ms and have no complaints. 

Hey Thanks SlaveIV for being so kind and complimentary with your words! just got back from a week away for work and just saw your post.  

15 hours ago, treatment said:

Dunno who "benbensomething" is, but does he have the Max blue-comparo, too?

At any rate, here be mah big blue mechs!

https://i.imgur.com/fQ25UIu.jpg

fQ25UIul.jpg

:bump:

Nice blues Treatment!

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Hey Thanks SlaveIV for being so kind and complimentary with your words! just got back from a week away for work and just saw your post.  

No problem! I know you are a very knowledgeable poster. Even though you seem confrontational at times, I think it happens to everyone since this is the internet and not face to face so we can all be misunderstood when discussing things we are passionate about. When it comes down to it, I think everyone here would get along if we were talking in person about the things we all love.

I just got some parts from @ChaoticYeti to mount my M&Ms but it will probably have to wait until next week. I'm definitely going to try to take some pictures when I get it set up.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

No problem! I know you are a very knowledgeable poster. Even though you seem confrontational at times, I think it happens to everyone since this is the internet and not face to face so we can all be misunderstood when discussing things we are passionate about. When it comes down to it, I think everyone here would get along if we were talking in person about the things we all love.

I just got some parts from @ChaoticYeti to mount my M&Ms but it will probably have to wait until next week. I'm definitely going to try to take some pictures when I get it set up.

nah, it's just me going one on one with another long time MWer that's from a long time ago just alot of history with mutual respect in between. just happened that i was arguing a weak point and got my ass handed to me. out of my old 10k post account, probably about 2 posts ended up being weak arguments. one about the vf-29, which i do not like, and argued it's not as good as a renewal 25. i had a decent point but wasn't that strong and got backlash. and 1 more argument on a MP.  

i hope i didn't mislead you that i was agreeing with on the 0D/A...  I responded positively bc i see generally you're mostly complementary and positive on here:) To be clear, the VF-0A/D was not widespread. you were not on MW at the time but that's the wrong conclusion. check back at the posts on the VF-0, the thread is still active. (my old account posts are there,) there were only about 4 users that had a problem and alot of "it's overblown and it's not an issue" posts. But when 2 users reported it it was corrected for all VF-0's going forward.  

if there's a new release and there's several reporting issues. anyone jumping saying it's a overreaction without any real data i pretty much say show pics or user data.

the hardpoints weren't an issue on my Yamato's but i see evidence of the contrary and i was wrong. i acted like an ass to 2 long time users i respect and have a long history with they deserve better and more constructive posts. 

i'm still watching the Arcadia Max and Miria and keeping tabs on: 

• the plastic on the arcadia Max and Miria seems to have stretch marks that i'm concerned about. i never heard and of that on the Yamatos (again, i could be in error but please counter with evidence as there were none reported on MW threads) 
  • the hardpoints are shaped different to which we all agree
  • and miria color shade is different.  i'm hoping Premium Max is consistently close if not the same shade.

7 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

nah, it's just me going one on one with another long time MWer that's from a long time ago just alot of history with mutual respect in between. just happened that i was arguing a weak point and got my ass handed to me. out of my old 10k post account, probably about 2 posts ended up being weak arguments. one about the vf-29, which i do not like, and argued it's not as good as a renewal 25. i had a decent point but wasn't that strong and got backlash. and 1 more argument on a MP.  

i hope i didn't mislead you that i was agreeing with on the 0D/A...  I responded positively bc i see generally you're mostly complementary and positive on here:) To be clear, the VF-0A/D was not widespread. you were not on MW at the time but that's the wrong conclusion. check back at the posts on the VF-0, the thread is still active. (my old account posts are there,) there were only about 4 users that had a problem and alot of "it's overblown and it's not an issue" posts. But when 2 users reported it it was corrected for all VF-0's going forward.  

if there's a new release and there's several reporting issues. anyone jumping saying it's a overreaction without any real data i pretty much say show pics or user data.

the hardpoints weren't an issue on my Yamato's but i see evidence of the contrary and i was wrong. i acted like an ass to 2 long time users i respect and have a long history with they deserve better and more constructive posts. 

i'm still watching the Arcadia Max and Miria and keeping tabs on: 

• the plastic on the arcadia Max and Miria seems to have stretch marks that i'm concerned about. i never heard and of that on the Yamatos (again, i could be in error but please counter with evidence as there were none reported on MW threads) 
  • the hardpoints are shaped different to which we all agree
  • and miria color shade is different.  i'm hoping Premium Max is consistently close if not the same shade.

Sorry David, but if you or anyone makes a claim that something is a widespread problem, then the burden of proof is on you to provide data and prove it. It is not the community's job to disprove your claim. 

A couple of instances of a certain issue is not significant enough to declare anything to be widespread or an epidemic. 

Short version: anecdotes are not data. 

We're just walking that talk back a bit while more people chime in. There is an issue, the severity is in question as well as duration. Has it always been an issue? Was it made worse by an Arcadia change? Are there unaffected releases? The data sample may never be big enough to know but it's a fun thing to examine.

On 3/6/2018 at 12:01 PM, Froy said:

So, Max here and ... just got Yamat... erghm... ArcadiaedIMG_2200.thumb.JPG.0d8aaab9aaf132d79c228793d7cc665d.JPGIMG_2202.thumb.JPG.5bd2b3a75b3b59f963b1b69bfd0d691a.JPGIMG_2204.thumb.JPG.32a6d4459098fbfb713e238f36a5e6c4.JPGIMG_2207.thumb.JPG.f776ecbbe625d9271ba8d3b28d21945b.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

Same side, same issue.

Some one did a terrible job at QC if strees marks where already there at the moment of packing the toys.

The reaction missiles where not particularly hard to attach, but the thing just fell of off after a few seconds.

Not sure if I should contact HLJ.

I know since Yamato era, toy companies only offer domestic services for replacement parts.

What I'm going to do now is file some material from the pylons. I don't know if it is because the molds but there seems to be more material in either the hard point connector or the pylon piece than it should be.

On 3/6/2018 at 1:09 PM, Froy said:

This twisting system has been there since Yamato.

But it think i found the problem

IMG_2208.thumb.JPG.047a54e83f349a1f5e700abeb5f25b58.JPG

you can see a difference in thickness on the hard point attachment, that is the VF-1D next to the Max.

Twisting only makes things worse.

Even the molding is smother on the VF-1D. Seems the molds are screwed up.

I need to compare to my Mirira and see if there is a noticeable difference.

On 3/6/2018 at 1:38 PM, wmkjr said:

In the Arcadia blog they mentioned something about the hardpoints and that they made adjustments.

https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-12312374556.html

On 1/4/2018 at 5:48 PM, Boobytrap said:

Got my Max yesterday. So nice to finally have M & M side by side. Unfortunately it didn't arrive issue free.

The left head laser is really loose. Should be an easy fix with some Future but until then I can't pose it in any mode without it falling down.

Also have an issue with the neck part that flips around when going from fighter to battroid. It won't stay level when in battroid and keeps swiveling back so that the head is always looking up. I'm assuming it's just due to a little extra plastic around the joint that is pushing it out of position. I'm planning to remove the pin connecting the pieces to clean it out. Hopefully that resolves the issue.

Both minor issues but no one likes to have to take apart and fix a $200 collectible as soon as it arrives. No regrets though. It wasn't that long ago that I thought there would be no way for me to afford this pair. Now I have them and couldn't be happier. 

On 12/28/2017 at 10:11 PM, tekering said:

Bummer.  I already had a blue and white one.  :mellow:

similar.thumb.jpg.c4bbf1a9c9b3b3e2832fb95d3bc67b33.jpg

Of course, the FAST packs add a little more distinction...  ^_^

distinct.thumb.jpg.2f58514c752202f676afa8408ab9e6c5.jpg

However, attaching the larger missiles to the right wing turned out to be an impossibility:

fail.thumb.jpg.1ced03a4f5735817c8e2ba678a28189c.jpg

Arcadia still can't get the hard points right.  You can see where the outer missile mount just fell out, and how the plastic is all mashed up on the front of the inner hard point because the tolerances aren't quite accurate enough to successfully attach the missile mount... so I'll have to file down some plastic and try again.  <_<

Take care, guys.  

On 1/5/2018 at 1:35 PM, Boobytrap said:

Took the pin out of the neck and confirmed that there was some extra flashing on both sides of the piece with the neck post. Sanded that off and now the head can be posed and hold its position properly. Thank goodness for quick easy fixes.

On 1/9/2018 at 3:18 AM, Slave IV said:

I just opened, transformed back and forth and looked over my Arcadia Max 1J and it is perfection. No flaws or issues like some people have reported. All the joints are perfect, no stress marks and parts all attach and detach as they should. Only thing I can think about complaining about is the left landing gear doors don't line up as perfectly as the right side but it's so minor. I'm friggin so happy to finally have the M&M pair in this line.:D:D:D

i like SlaveIV reporting the valks he owned.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Sorry David, but if you or anyone makes a claim that something is a widespread problem, then the burden of proof is on you to provide data and prove it. It is not the community's job to disprove your claim. 

A couple of instances of a certain issue is not significant enough to declare anything to be widespread or an epidemic. 

Short version: anecdotes are not data. 

stop apologizing, you did nothing wrong. though if it makes you feel better, i forgive you and accept your apology.  i quoted the issues i was reading in case for reference.

43 minutes ago, jenius said:

We're just walking that talk back a bit while more people chime in. There is an issue, the severity is in question as well as duration. Has it always been an issue? Was it made worse by an Arcadia change? Are there unaffected releases? The data sample may never be big enough to know but it's a fun thing to examine.

yeah, it's really hard to tell with a small sample size, i agree.

my alarm went off in my head while i was reading the posts above way back in the thread. the negative reports may have came across compounded bc it's one right after another and it's still really a small sample size to draw a definitive conclusion. But nevertheless, it wasn't a positive sign to me.

i read all the positive and safe users like Slave's above but then again we don't hope Arcadia's failure rate is 1 out of 2. 

pretty much not accounting lurkers, all current users posted so far about 6-8 users brought either Miria and Max and 3 users had issues. (granted the hard point was always an issue with a yamatos as i needed to admit) my point was i never seen back to back broken reports of hard points. (though they may have occured during yamatos time and just wasn't reported) it just made me nervous reading about the retooling and QA that should've been better controlled in my opinion by this point in the VF-1's life cycle.

what i should've expressed originally rather than "go personal" with tunnel vision and be an ass.  

it's still up in the air and these issues could be just over blown. but i'd lean on the side that Arcadia has sloppy QA or even if it's a stretch and ridiculus by some, that it could be aging mold issues, than give Arcadia the benefit of the doubt that the errors were just common fluke occurrences with the same rate of failure as yamato. 

before becoming ape and irrational, i should've been more constructive and point out Yamato has been around longer so it's unfair to judge the entire body of work of yamato vs. Arcadia when talking about the number of hard point issues that were reported between the two companies. obviously Yamato may have more reported due to the sheer length of production time of the vf-1 

i would argue the number of occurances of issues from Yamato need to be examined over a specific of time period of yamato as the early stages of yamato there were a lot of issues and towards the end many issues were ironed out.

i argue that yamato evolved and refined QA the vf-1 to the point where many of the issues became rare occurances for the vf-1.

my expectation was by "Premium" and "retooled" by the time the vf-1 came to arcadia these issues should be so rare that it surprised me to see back to back reports of breakage even though hard point failures has happened to yamato vf-1's throughout it's life cycle.

i hope they weren't as often or back to back with yamato, at least i never heard of them back to back on the same release on MW.  

though the point is we're such a small sample size it's hard to tell. 

36 minutes ago, Mommar said:

What stretch marks?

what was posted above i believe. 

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Can we not do this all over again?

sorry, but it's a public forum on arcadia Max and Miria. Macross release dates are few and far between. If people reply and agree/disagree, it's fine to respond if it's on topic.

you're welcome to join in. no one is forcing you to read it. What would you like to repeat and discuss about in between releases, Nippon Yasan late shipping methods?

let us know and we'll respond. 

Owning the Arcadia VF-1S Strike (Roy), VF-1S Strike (Hikaru), VF-1J Super (Miria), and VF-1J Super (Max), I can happily say that I have experienced no problems with the hard points. YAY! I originally put the DYRL box missiles, then later the REACTION missiles (because I think they look more attractive and impede aerodynamics less) onto all the hard points on these 4 Arcadia releases.

image.png.c4c73a614648c6e7d01bec9423ef2ad8.pngimage.png.6423c02a5eec3c0c4200f5def914ed19.png

I do feel bad for you that you experienced problems with one of your toys. That being said, I am not sure if there is sufficient sample size to claim that there is a rampant Arcadia hard point problem.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

10 minutes ago, jenius said:

She said "reflex"! Gentlemen, grab the pitchforks and torches.

I know. I'm sorry!  I recently watched a snippet of the Robotech version, so that is what stuck in my head.

Actually, come to think of it... what are those big missiles called?