Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

5 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Noticed that someone on eBay is selling an Arcadia VF-1J Super Valkryie (Miria) for $215.88 + free shipping. With the 15% coupon eBay is running today, that brings the price down to $183.50.

Why did I buy mine without coupon yesterday? Why?! *sigh* My timing sucks.

Why? Where did you bought your Millia's VF-1J? At AmiAmi it's only Y18000 ($169).

Anyways, again, welcome to Macross ToyCollecting -- Where you feel is just normal to everyone.

Just so you know, I've been down this road many times before. And it's still the same up to now. Making impulsive buying here and there to expensive toys when I started collecting. Only to find out that it will get reissued months later on. I mean, who could've predicted that there will be reissues? Who could've predicted that there will be coupons, discounts and whatnot? What would you think going to happen, if you waited for coupons and discounts only to find out that the item you want got sold the day before the discounts were available? There's no such thing like timing sucks. It's how it is. ^_^ 

Shizuka is new too... still needs to build a list of stores to window shop at before pulling the trigger (on those items that don't sell out instantly). Unfortunately, experience is expensive to earn in this hobby.

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Shizuka is new too... still needs to build a list of stores to window shop at before pulling the trigger (on those items that don't sell out instantly). Unfortunately, experience is expensive to earn in this hobby.

Yeah, my experience at buying Valkyries is about..... 2 - 3 days old now.

I am learning though. I almost bought a bunch of Yamato v1 1/60 VF-1's. had it not been for @jenius

Thank you for saving me from that disaster!

Shizuka do yourself a favor and find a reasonably priced Yamato 1/48 as well. They're not terribly expensive now that the 1/60 V2 is the reigning champion (although I really feel like they've rested on its laurels long enough, time for a 1/60 V3 no?). Heck most 1/48's can be found cheaper than a brand new freshly released Arcadia 1/60 V2, just not on Ebay. Although Aesthetically and mechanically the 1/60 V2 is superior to the 1/48 the 1/48 is still just a thing of beauty to handle and behold. It's big and clicky and really fun to handle. All Macross collections need some 1/60 V2, 1/48 and some HMR in them. And nothing Toynami lol. Toynami got their start buying unlicensed HK knockoff gashapon type figures of DBZ and Bleach and repackaging them as their own products. Having built upon that business model all of their subsequent products have always been and are (mostly) tantamount to KO garbage. Just with a licensing logo slapped on them. Save your money for the big boys, Bandai & Arcadia/Yamato. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

Just now, jenius said:

As another relative newcomer to the Toy realm in general, that's great advice.

I do a lot of window shopping, and constantly have to restrain my wants down to within my practical limits.:ph34r:

also: the thrill of finding a solid deal here on the for sale section is becoming mildly addictive!

Edited by slide

Man I'm so nervous if I want to go ahead and pay that steep price for Milia's Premium figure, the thing is  is not about the quality of the figure is about  shipping my figure and I'm talking about Nippon Yassan here, last year I order a Saint Seiya Minos figure from them , it took them 2 weeks for them to send it out but not until I put a ticket on them, I used EMS for shipping so I can have it way faster but that wasn't the case, in the end I received my Saint Seiya figure completely new as advertised and great condition but damn!! the packaging that was in it was horrible! it was just a bunch of cardboard put together with tape. 

So knowing the above and some stories I found about  missing packages from NY being told here in the forums, I'm really worried if I want to go ahead and pay, not sure what to do here, if you can do some recommendations about it what to do I'm all ears since you definitely have more experience with NY than me :D

, NY is already asking for my deposit and I have until thursday :unsure: .... what to do ?... what to do..

3 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Man I'm so nervous if I want to go ahead and pay that steep price for Milia's Premium figure, the thing is  is not about the quality of the figure is about  shipping my figure and I'm talking about Nippon Yassan here, last year I order a Saint Seiya Minos figure from them , it took them 2 weeks for them to send it out but not until I put a ticket on them, I used EMS for shipping so I can have it way faster but that wasn't the case, in the end I received my Saint Seiya figure completely new as advertised and great condition but damn!! the packaging that was in it was horrible! it was just a bunch of cardboard put together with tape. 

So knowing the above and some stories I found about  missing packages from NY being told here in the forums, I'm really worried if I want to go ahead and pay, not sure what to do here, if you can do some recommendations about it what to do I'm all ears since you definitely have more experience with NY than me :D

, NY is already asking for my deposit and I have until thursday :unsure: .... what to do ?... what to do..

But at the end you still received your Saint Seiya Figure new and in great condition.  

At this point, where else are you going to find Premium finish Millia for price you are locked on for? 

11 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

NY is already asking for my deposit and I have until thursday :unsure: .... what to do ?... what to do..

FYI, they want the payment before 8am on the 28th Japan time.  You only have until sometime Tuesday to decide.  Not Thursday.

23 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

NY is already asking for my deposit and I have until thursday :unsure: .... what to do ?... what to do..

Follow what your heart and wallet tells you. ;)

14 minutes ago, F360 said:

But at the end you still received your Saint Seiya Figure new and in great condition.  

At this point, where else are you going to find Premium finish Millia for price you are locked on for? 

This. ^_^ 

49 minutes ago, F360 said:

Yep, this. 

Carboard put together with tape is called a cardboard box. :D

For all the stories about a missing package, there are probably hundreds to thousands of packages delivered with no issue and even then, it probably had nothing to do with them. They are my goto shop and I never have any anxiety about getting what I paid for. 

2 hours ago, F360 said:

yep I received my Saint Seiya figure,  but Milia Premium costs a couple of hundred dlls more :vava:

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

FYI, they want the payment before 8am on the 28th Japan time.  You only have until sometime Tuesday to decide.  Not Thursday.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Follow what your heart and wallet tells you. ;)

This. ^_^ 

Thanks @no3Ljm

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yep, this. 

Carboard put together with tape is called a cardboard box. :D

For all the stories about a missing package, there are probably hundreds to thousands of packages delivered with no issue and even then, it probably had nothing to do with them. They are my goto shop and I never have any anxiety about getting what I paid for. 

@Slave IV Anxiety that's the feeling right now.

Thank you guys for the recommendations, I was totally lost in what to do , I think I might have an idea now, also  I so was so clueless about the deposit time frame that is indeed this Tuesday not Thursday(thanks @Mommar for the heads up), it will get interesting since pay day is Thursday !, now where is that  destroy wallet gif ? :D 

55 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

PF Miria shows low stock status on HLJ, so those who preordered there should expect payment requests today.

Hope to have mine before the end of next week. Been a long wait for this baby!

I'm ready! 

But I'm going to leave mine in HLJ's PW for a bit before I ship.

-b.

53 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

I'm ready! 

But I'm going to leave mine in HLJ's PW for a bit before I ship.

-b.

Me too! I've been itching for this release as much as the 31A! All those months seeing people enjoy their regular Mirias while I had to sit and wait for the PF. That delay from last month was a real kick in the nuts. :lol:

58 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Me too! I've been itching for this release as much as the 31A! All those months seeing people enjoy their regular Mirias while I had to sit and wait for the PF. That delay from last month was a real kick in the nuts. :lol:

So this will be my first Yamato/Arcadia v2 Milia. I never picked up a Max or Milia v2 when Yamato was around and I've skipped both "regular" versions.

34 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Good for you guys who have this Millia PF orders as a diversion for the 31A lateness. ;)

Guess, I have to buy something to get me preoccupied, eh? :rolleyes:

To be honest, I'd rather have the 31A. And for you, save your money!

33 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i had mine NY paid for but realized i combined it with max, i guess it's not shipping

I wish I'd ordered from N-Y, I'm not opening my Milia from her box until I get Max and by then my PW shipping deadline will have long since passed. 

-b.

It could be a Bandai thing.   They can't seem to get my MK IV Iron Man out either but I just got my Manga Realization War Machine today and Milia is due in tomorrow (that doesn't explain frakking Hong Kong Post though...)

Actually, the War Machine figure is also a Bandai thing too.  Hmm...

Edited by Mommar