Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

3 minutes ago, barurutor said:

NY just emailed me, Milia premium finish release pushed back to end of March. More time to save!

Hmmm. I hope they also pushed back the SDF-1 as well so I can save as much too. ;) 

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Whew! So glad it sold out. I had my hand on the checkout button for a few minutes... really trying to hold out for the PF version. :o

I got one, I'm skipping the PF version of the VF-1Js, but I'm in for the SDF-1 and VF-0S.

I'm not a huge fan of the solid red -1J, but for like $160 shipped I'll bite.

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I got one, I'm skipping the PF version of the VF-1Js, but I'm in for the SDF-1 and VF-0S.

I'm not a huge fan of the solid red -1J, but for like $160 shipped I'll bite.

Yeah I almost bit but then it's going to become "obsolete" for me next month once the PF comes out. Plus I got lots of other preorders to pay for. :lol:

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah I almost bit but then it's going to become "obsolete" for me next month once the PF comes out. Plus I got lots of other preorders to pay for. :lol:

Between that, the HM VF-1S, and the Macross Quarter that showed up on Mandarake for ¥8,000 my wallet is stinging from the impulse buys a bit.

35 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wow! Imagine. A few years ago, everyone is so emotional for missing these Valks and now it gets re-release and it's already on discount. Same thing with the VF-4G.

How I wish Hot Toys are like this. That way, I'll make sure I buy the ones that I ignored since HT are expensive. 

54 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow! Imagine. A few years ago, everyone is so emotional for missing these Valks and now it gets re-release and it's already on discount. Same thing with the VF-4G.

How I wish Hot Toys are like this. That way, I'll make sure I buy the ones that I ignored since HT are expensive. 

Blame Arcadia overpricing shenanigans...

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Your Killing me smalls... killing me!

My first Arcadia Valk..  now I need to wait for Max to go on sale!

42 minutes ago, jenius said:

It's on a page before you click "buy". Just go through the steps and you'll see the actual answer for your address.

Thanks! Sorry, first time @ NY. Feel stupid for not noticing, lol. Not bad for $176 shipped (including 2.5% paypal conversion fee)

I dont know if I need a red valk tho...would be nice if they have this price for Roy/Hikaru 1S

Edited by aaajin

Just now, aaajin said:

Thanks! Sorry, first time @ NY. Feel stupid for not noticing, lol. Not bad for $176 shipped (including 2.5% paypal conversion fee)

You've already grasped the most important thing about buying from NY, don't have them do the currency conversion. Their exchange rate right now is $1=100yen.

If you're buying from NY, always buy in yen, as they are locked into 100 jpy= 1 usd, which hasn't been reality for years.  How much you save will depend on a number of factors (current exchange rate, whether or not your payment method has a fee for currency exchange, etc).  So the exact cost will fluctuate a bit.

As far as shipping, that is always a time vs cost issue.  You can have it sent by boat if you want, but that will literally take months.  The shipping cost will be dependent on how fast you want it (the exact cost also fluctuates a bit, based on current shipping rates).

I have a hard limit on these Arcadia 1/60 releases of $200 or less. I bought the recently released Roy 1S and paid $235 and I love it but sorry these things are overpriced as all get out. That was the first of the Arcadia 1/60's I had purchased as I've been quite content with my Yammy 1/48's. I have around 15 or 16 various Yamato 1/48's (still my faves) and never paid more than $150 for one of those. Even the Yamato 1/60's were less. The Virgin Road 1J I paid like $130 for brand new shipped. I just checked. Anyway even though I'm perfectly content with my 1/48 Max / Millia at this price I jumped on the 1/60. Can't have enough Max and Millia 1J's. Now I guess I gotta keep my eyes peeled for an under $200 Max 1/60 lol. 

• 4 weeks later...

So, Max here and ... just got Yamat... erghm... ArcadiaedIMG_2200.thumb.JPG.0d8aaab9aaf132d79c228793d7cc665d.JPGIMG_2202.thumb.JPG.5bd2b3a75b3b59f963b1b69bfd0d691a.JPGIMG_2204.thumb.JPG.32a6d4459098fbfb713e238f36a5e6c4.JPGIMG_2207.thumb.JPG.f776ecbbe625d9271ba8d3b28d21945b.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

Same side, same issue.

Some one did a terrible job at QC if strees marks where already there at the moment of packing the toys.

The reaction missiles where not particularly hard to attach, but the thing just fell of off after a few seconds.

Not sure if I should contact HLJ.

I know since Yamato era, toy companies only offer domestic services for replacement parts.

What I'm going to do now is file some material from the pylons. I don't know if it is because the molds but there seems to be more material in either the hard point connector or the pylon piece than it should be.

Edited by Froy

I noticed on my Milia, the missile pylon needs to be attached at a certain position, rotated with the front (or was it back?) facing as far inwards as possible, then rotated out. There's a small gap in the attachment point to let the pylon snap on easily/with less stress.

Also, you need to remove the missiles from the pylon to attach the second one properly, since the missiles run into eachother when putting on the second pylon.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

40 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I noticed on my Milia, the missile pylon needs to be attached at a certain position, rotated with the front (or was it back?) facing as far inwards as possible, then rotated out. There's a small gap in the attachment point to let the pylon snap on easily/with less stress.

Also, you need to remove the missiles from the pylon to attach the second one properly, since the missiles run into eachother when putting on the second pylon.

This twisting system has been there since Yamato.

But it think i found the problem

IMG_2208.thumb.JPG.047a54e83f349a1f5e700abeb5f25b58.JPG

you can see a difference in thickness on the hard point attachment, that is the VF-1D next to the Max.

Twisting only makes things worse.

Even the molding is smother on the VF-1D. Seems the molds are screwed up.

I need to compare to my Mirira and see if there is a noticeable difference.

Edited by Froy