Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

My max is still missing (USPS lost it).The package came all the way to my house except no one was home and a notice was left. When I went to post office they couldn't find my package. This was three weeks ago. I have been in contact with post office and they've been looking but no luck so far. 

any advice on what to do? I already contacted NY who is supposed to be in contact with Japan Post to see what happened. I'm not positive on what NY can do for me if the package is indeed lost. If it's USPS fault would they refund me or send another one? I'm not optimistic on either. 

Should I buy another copy just in case? I see amiami still has some for sale, though higher than what I paid at NY. 

30 minutes ago, locidm said:

My max is still missing (USPS lost it).The package came all the way to my house except no one was home and a notice was left. When I went to post office they couldn't find my package. This was three weeks ago. I have been in contact with post office and they've been looking but no luck so far. 

any advice on what to do? I already contacted NY who is supposed to be in contact with Japan Post to see what happened. I'm not positive on what NY can do for me if the package is indeed lost. If it's USPS fault would they refund me or send another one? I'm not optimistic on either. 

Should I buy another copy just in case? I see amiami still has some for sale, though higher than what I paid at NY. 

I think it's unfortunately the shipper who has to file for the insurance, which means you're at the mercy of NY's less-than-stellar customer service. Also, you'll probably have to wait until USPS gives up looking for it and declares the package lost in any case.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I think it's unfortunately the shipper who has to file for the insurance, which means you're at the mercy of NY's less-than-stellar customer service. Also, you'll probably have to wait until USPS gives up looking for it and declares the package lost in any case.

Yes, this is true. We are at the mercy of Nippon-Yasan since they're the ones who need to file a claim and not us. Up to now I still don't have any update about a package that USPS lost. It was already declared lost and USPS told me that it's the shipper which is NY that needs to file a claim at JapanPost. Which in my case I don't know if they did file it. Because the last reply I received from them is way back last August. They just told me that they're waiting for updates from JapanPost. It's almost February now and NY is not replying to my last 3 messages. I couldn't claim a Paypal dispute anymore since it's already past the 180 days. And by the way, the package that got lost happened way back in May of last year. And I already bought a replacement from other stores. Yes, I have to admit NY sells cheaper initially esp for PO items but their Customer Service really do sucks. I'm just tied to them for Premium Bandai / Tamashii Web Exclusive items. The rest of general releases I buy it at HLJ.

Edited by no3Ljm

4 hours ago, locidm said:

The package came all the way to my house except no one was home and a notice was left. When I went to post office they couldn't find my package.

It's obviously USPS's mistake, then, and their responsibility to fix it.

4 hours ago, locidm said:

I already contacted NY who is supposed to be in contact with Japan Post to see what happened.

But it's not nothing to do with either of them.  Clearly, everyone in Japan did their part, since you've got proof of delivery.  All Nippon-Yasan should be responsible for is providing proof of what you paid, so you are properly reimbursed.

What a stupid situation.  You must be livid!  :angry:

^ True, N-Y is not at fault for USPS losing the package, but if it's insured N-Y is the only one who can file a loss claim; therefore, it's their responsibility to file with Japan Post so they can get reimbursed, and in turn issue a refund to the customer... it's called customer service, and they should practice it with alacrity.

Thanks for the the replies folks! Sounds like my initial fear is correct and I just need to suck it up and order another Max. I have no confidence NY will fix this and it sounds like the most they would do under best case scenario is isssue a refund.

Ive been collecting for 10 years and never had a lost package before. I guess it's finally time I pay my due, unfortunately. 

The question is whether a PayPal dispute is in order. Like many of you I use NY for exclusive stuff and so am inclined not to sever the relationship with them by filing a claim. Sigh.

If anyone has an extra Max for sale please PM me. 

2 hours ago, tekering said:

It's obviously USPS's mistake, then, and their responsibility to fix it.

But it's not nothing to do with either of them.  Clearly, everyone in Japan did their part, since you've got proof of delivery.  All Nippon-Yasan should be responsible for is providing proof of what you paid, so you are properly reimbursed.

What a stupid situation.  You must be livid!  :angry:

So why would you not contact PayPal or your credit card company? As soon as there is any sign of anything like that you should immediately look into it. 

If ny or any company can’t resolve within a few weeks, contact you card or PayPal and open a claim. It’s the sellers responsibility to get you item as u are the customer.

29 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

So why would you not contact PayPal or your credit card company? As soon as there is any sign of anything like that you should immediately look into it. 

If ny or any company can’t resolve within a few weeks, contact you card or PayPal and open a claim. It’s the sellers responsibility to get you item as u are the customer.

Like Locidm said, NY mostly hold exclusive items (not all the other shops carries exclusive items from the get-go) so the moment you file a claim with Paypal or your credit card, there's a big chance that NY will ban your account. Yes, they're going to do a fast action on your claim and reimburse you but they will definitely ban you. So bye-bye exclusives.

45 minutes ago, locidm said:

The question is whether a PayPal dispute is in order. Like many of you I use NY for exclusive stuff and so am inclined not to sever the relationship with them by filing a claim. Sigh.

That is a terrible situation and seems like it's possible the insurance situation is complicated since Japan Post did nothing wrong either. Would be interesting to look into the exact details and policies regarding that. I'm not big on insurance but if you pay for it, it should cover you. 

If you did want to risk severing the relationship with NY and used a credit card or bank account through PayPal (highly recommend), you can still file a claim through the cc or bank account and most likely get your money back. 

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Try the website chat, since you're more-or-less guaranteed to at least get a human who has to pretend to listen, rather than sending emails into the void.

I did that on my ticket but they always give me the same answer over and over. Chat or email, their answer are the same. 

19 hours ago, locidm said:

your insured amount will also depend on the shipping service that was used.

Start a dispute with PayPal as soon as you can, it might help speed things along with NY.  Worst case scenario if they close down your account out of spite you can always open up a new one with a new email address.  It may not be their fault, but they are the only ones who can pursue a remedy.  Force the issue, it’s your hard earned money, don’t let them jerk you around. 

Another vote for filing a claim with either PayPal or your credit card in situations like this. You have to remember most of these businesses basically sees their job as done the minute the order leaves their hands. They already have your money and, in their eyes, they upheld their end of the deal of shipping out your item(s), so they really have minimal motivation to help beyond that. 

I've been fortunate enough to not lose any international orders, but my very first time trying out TheChosenPrime recently, my order was lost and they wouldn't even so much as contact the postal service for me. And this is from a company that by all accounts have amazing customer service! 

2 hours ago, Offswitch said:

Another vote for filing a claim with either PayPal or your credit card in situations like this. You have to remember most of these businesses basically sees their job as done the minute the order leaves their hands. They already have your money and, in their eyes, they upheld their end of the deal of shipping out your item(s), so they really have minimal motivation to help beyond that. 

I've been fortunate enough to not lose any international orders, but my very first time trying out TheChosenPrime recently, my order was lost and they wouldn't even so much as contact the postal service for me. And this is from a company that by all accounts have amazing customer service! 

That sounds like a very odd situation with TheChosenPrime...As you say, they go out of their way to provide good customer service. Must be something they are willing to do to help.

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

That sounds like a very odd situation with TheChosenPrime...As you say, they go out of their way to provide good customer service. Must be something they are willing to do to help.

*shrug* All I know is that I'm out 2 bills and I've been back and forth with them via their customer service email for the better part of a month and they basically said, "Tough luck, buddy. You're on your own." 

If I had to venture a guess, TheChosenPrime (again much like a lot of other stores and businesses out there) provide "great customer service" as long as it doesn't impact too heavily into their profits. So, your order came with a damaged part? No prob! (The replacement part probably only costs a couple dollars max assuming the manufacturer didn't send it over for free). Oh, you want to return your order? You got it! (At least they get the item back, and they might get return shipping cost or even a restocking fee outta ya.) But if your package gets lost? Er... Sorry. Good luck. 

Lost packages suck cuz the store's options for "good" customer service is basically to either send you a replacement on their dime, or refund you your money since you didn't get your order. That's a big hit. And, sure, they might be able to recoup some of that hit via shipping insurance, but that's assuming they even paid for it (which they might not have in this day and age of free shipping). Some of the Japanese stores are smart at least and often force EMS shipping on you since EMS covers up to 20,000 yen. 

8 hours ago, Offswitch said:

*shrug* All I know is that I'm out 2 bills and I've been back and forth with them via their customer service email for the better part of a month and they basically said, "Tough luck, buddy. You're on your own." 

If I had to venture a guess, TheChosenPrime (again much like a lot of other stores and businesses out there) provide "great customer service" as long as it doesn't impact too heavily into their profits. So, your order came with a damaged part? No prob! (The replacement part probably only costs a couple dollars max assuming the manufacturer didn't send it over for free). Oh, you want to return your order? You got it! (At least they get the item back, and they might get return shipping cost or even a restocking fee outta ya.) But if your package gets lost? Er... Sorry. Good luck. 

Lost packages suck cuz the store's options for "good" customer service is basically to either send you a replacement on their dime, or refund you your money since you didn't get your order. That's a big hit. And, sure, they might be able to recoup some of that hit via shipping insurance, but that's assuming they even paid for it (which they might not have in this day and age of free shipping). Some of the Japanese stores are smart at least and often force EMS shipping on you since EMS covers up to 20,000 yen. 

Good point about the profit threshold for good service. I guess for something that cost a couple hundred dollars, it must have had some sort of tracking so as long as they can show it was sent, they technically did their job. Really sucks when things like that happen. 

On 1/28/2018 at 12:45 AM, locidm said:

On 1/28/2018 at 7:34 AM, locidm said:

Thanks for the the replies folks! Sounds like my initial fear is correct and I just need to suck it up and order another Max. I have no confidence NY will fix this and it sounds like the most they would do under best case scenario is isssue a refund.

Ive been collecting for 10 years and never had a lost package before. I guess it's finally time I pay my due, unfortunately. 

If anyone has an extra Max for sale please PM me. 

Sometimes, happy endings do happen, and the third time is the charm! I called the post office for the third time, and the lady there informed me that found my parcel! So I went to the post office for the third time and was finally able to pick it up! It turns out NY did a poor job writing down my address, even though the post woman was able to deliver the notice to the right address, once it got to the post office it became a big enough obstacle to find.

Thank God I had not ordered another one already! Actually I did make an order this morning from hobby search (haven't paid yet) before calling the post office, but canceled it right as I was lining up at the post office to pick up my parcel.

Welcome home, Max. It's been a long journey! 

29 minutes ago, Pulltoeject said:

I finally got mine!!! 

I never got to got to go to mia to smuggle it back, so I asked a co-fa to bring it. It arrived with the corners a bit busted but otherwise in excelent condition. 

Ps, can someone please teach me how to upload photos? I just can't seem to figure it out 

Thanks !!

To upload photos, just drag the file over the reply box and it'll get added as an attachment. Alternatively upload to imgur or some other image host and paste the direct link to the image into your post.

1 hour ago, Pulltoeject said:

Ps, can someone please teach me how to upload photos? I just can't seem to figure it out 

Thanks !!

Here's a snapshot if you want to upload it here directly and doesn't want to use external image hosting sites. 

Hope it helps. ;)

Desktop Browser
5a74fedb18b3a_ScreenShot2018-02-02at4_04_29PM.png.41ba46aa2277b1e62fb291ace9a5ed43.png

Mobile Browser
5a74fedd3036e_ScreenShot2018-02-02at4_05_14PM.png.0527fad398920ad99832c1db445cca3a.png