Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

What's funny is that sometimes I can't decide whether to go EMS or Registered SAL since there's some instances both packages move or flow at the same rate and time. Whether it get stuck somewhere, in-preparation, in-process, etc. So even if the description says that it will take 5-7 days for EMS against 10-14 days for Registered SAL, it really depends on how it's being handled.

It makes me think once in awhile why I pay more for EMS when both methods and transit times are probably the same once it went out from the store. Or am I just paying it more so that my expensive purchases will be covered fairly somehow if any problem occurs. Yet, I wouldn't deny that it's frustrating somehow when some packages are delayed as promised by the method you were using. <_<

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

These threads are all turning into "how fast my shimpment comes" threads :p. That's why I always use the cheapest method to ship (unless it's only a couple dollar difference for faster). Makes no difference to me as long as the items I purchase get to me someday.

Same, though I'm a lot more willing to use EMS when it's coming from HLJ, NY is slow as molasses regardless. Last thing I had shipped from them is still on the way via ferry because why bother with 2-3wk shipping when it takes 1-2weeks to even get out the door?

Edited by Sanity is Optional

12 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

These threads are all turning into "how fast my shimpment comes" threads :p. That's why I always use the cheapest method to ship (unless it's only a couple dollar difference for faster). Makes no difference to me as long as the items I purchase get to me someday.

I guess it's normal to talk about that topic from time to time because all our toy purchases comes from Japan and not just some "local toy stores". Just saying. :p

18 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Same, though I'm a lot more willing to use EMS when it's coming from HLJ, NY is slow as molasses regardless. Last thing I had shipped from them is still on the way via ferry because why bother with 2-3wk shipping when it takes 1-2weeks to even get out the door?

Same here. It's often cheaper to go with EMS at HLJ when I have a bunch of items to ship together and they don't offer the ferry option like NY. Ferry option is great with NY!

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I guess it's normal to talk about that topic from time to time because all our toy purchases comes from Japan and not just some "local toy stores". Just saying. :p

Yeah, NBD. I get some people are more eager than others to get their toys and it's all good. Seems like more a disscussion for a store related thread instead.

I'm looking forward to getting my Milia as much as anyone since it's been a lifelong desire of mine to get M&M Valks but since I've been waiting my whole life, it makes no difference to me if it comes tomorrow or two months from now. In this case, I wouldn't mind if it took as long as whenever Max arrives so I can have the pair together.

58 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, NBD. I get some people are more eager than others to get their toys and it's all good. Seems like more a disscussion for a store related thread instead.

I'm looking forward to getting my Milia as much as anyone since it's been a lifelong desire of mine to get M&M Valks but since I've been waiting my whole life, it makes no difference to me if it comes tomorrow or two months from now. In this case, I wouldn't mind if it took as long as whenever Max arrives so I can have the pair together.

What's NBD? Probably some of us here are eager to get the orders immediately, but for me, it's more about what I paid for. It's not also a question of patience. And no offense to what you're saying. I do get it. You don't mind the wait so you always pay the cheapest option. But if you're someone who pays extra for the fast shipping and coverage, you know that the store is bind to that agreement that they need to sent the item once it's available asap as per shipping method. But if they don't, why offer the said method in the first place? 

Anyways, if you still think of this reply as a discussion for a store related thread just disregard or ignore it since I'm not going to create a new thread for it. I'm just venting out.

55 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'd be all in for these, except I already have M&M in HMR, and I'm not a big fan of the J head.

200.gif?resize=311,222&ssl=1

:rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

@Slave IV not to get too far off topic but my SAL shipments from NY typically take ages (6-7 weeks). How long does the ferry option usually take?

SAL takes about 2-3 weeks, ferry usually takes 1-2 months for me.

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

What's NBD? Probably some of us here are eager to get the orders immediately, but for me, it's more about what I paid for. It's not also a question of patience. And no offense to what you're saying. I do get it. You don't mind the wait so you always pay the cheapest option. But if you're someone who pays extra for the fast shipping and coverage, you know that the store is bind to that agreement that they need to sent the item once it's available asap as per shipping method. But if they don't, why offer the said method in the first place? 

Anyways, if you still think of this reply as a discussion for a store related thread just disregard or ignore it since I'm not going to create a new thread for it. I'm just venting out.

200.gif?resize=311,222&ssl=1

:rolleyes:

I was saying it's NBD that people are talking about how long it takes for them to get their shipments here.

As for the rest, I do find it odd that most people who know how long it takes to get items from the different shops still use the more expensive options even when they know it won't make a big difference. I suppose one reason other than shipping speed some people use the different options for is for different insurance coverage...another thing I don't worry about but it as long as it secures some people's fears, it must be worth it.

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I was saying it's NBD that people are talking about how long it takes for them to get their shipments here.

As for the rest, I do find it odd that most people who know how long it takes to get items from the different shops still use the more expensive options even when they know it won't make a big difference. I suppose one reason other than shipping speed some people use the different options for is for different insurance coverage...another thing I don't worry about but it as long as it secures some people's fears, it must be worth it.

I still don't get what's NBD? Sorry for my ignorance but what's NBD?

To be honest, it's not odd if you think about it. And it's worth it too. Like what I told everyone before. I always use Registered or Eco SAL before to most of the stuff I'm buying online esp from Japan. Now why do I do that? It's simple because it's cheap and I can save a few dollars. But if you bought something that cost around $300 and use Registered SAL and somehow got lost or got problems and whatnot, the only coverage you will get is 6000 yen. And just so you know, it really does take time to wait from the shop for your compensation. Up to now there's no word yet from Nippon-Yasan when can I get that Y6000 for a lost $100 worth of package. And it's already past 6 months now. Imagine that scenario with a $300 toy. And see if you're not going to panic. By that time, what's the assurance that you still can get that $300 toy with the same amount you paid before and not more than if ever it went sold out? Lesson learned. It's why I use EMS nowadays for items that cost more than Y20000. With EMS, atleast you are covered with 20000 yen maximum coverage. That way, if something happened with your $300 toy, you just lose like $100 rather than lose the whole thing and not get your money back.

I don't want to be someone that just going to scratch my head and say goodbye to my hard-earned money for nothing. And that's the fear right there -- we're paying a lot of money for this hobby so it's just normal for some of us to react this way. 

22 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I still don't get what's NBD? Sorry for my ignorance but what's NBD?

To be honest, it's not odd if you think about it. And it's worth it too. Like what I told everyone before. I always use Registered or Eco SAL before to most of the stuff I'm buying online esp from Japan. Now why do I do that? It's simple because it's cheap and I can save a few dollars. But if you bought something that cost around $300 and use Registered SAL and somehow got lost or got problems and whatnot, the only coverage you will get is 6000 yen. And just so you know, it really does take time to wait from the shop for your compensation. Up to now there's no word yet from Nippon-Yasan when can I get that Y6000 for a lost $100 worth of package. And it's already past 6 months now. Imagine that scenario with a $300 toy. And see if you're not going to panic. By that time, what's the assurance that you still can get that $300 toy with the same amount you paid before and not more than if ever it went sold out? Lesson learned. It's why I use EMS nowadays for items that cost more than Y20000. With EMS, atleast you are covered with 20000 yen maximum coverage. That way, if something happened with your $300 toy, you just lose like $100 rather than lose the whole thing and not get your money back.

I don't want to be someone that just going to scratch my head and say goodbye to my hard-earned money for nothing. And that's the fear right there -- we're paying a lot of money for this hobby so it's just normal for some of us to react this way. 

Yeah, NBD is just no big deal as mentioned above. I don't mind people posting about it but seems like it's every time a new release comes out, the same things are repeated. 

As for insurance, if I ever have a problem getting something I paid for, I'll let my credit card company know and get my money back. I learned my lesson the hard way with PayPal and the recent Anime Island issue where they just dissappeared. All my orders with them were prepaid and most using PayPal, I lost hundreds on. I will always use my credit card and avoid paying upfront whenever possible. 

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

...I don't mind people posting about it but seems like it's every time a new release comes out, the same things are repeated. 

Well, in case you didn't know, it's always been a fact that we're like this ever since. So if you're getting bugged by it, please feel free to skip our posts. ^_^ 

So again, welcome to MacrossWorld! It's not MacrossWorld if no one is complaining. :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Well, in case you didn't know, it's always been a fact that we're like this ever since. So if you're getting bugged by it, please feel free to skip our posts. ^_^ 

So again, welcome to MacrossWorld! It's not MacrossWorld if no one is complaining. :rolleyes:

Haha, yeah. Hence the nbd. 

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Wow, that's a terrible packing job...lucky it arrived in such good condition. Who did you buy it from so I can avoid them? :p

Can you believe it???? Not even the flap from the box was secured. I was very lucky it arrived with no dings at all!!!

HLJ provided such an impecable packing job.

I always open my toys in the car while parked, can't wait until I get home from work.

30 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Can you believe it???? Not even the flap from the box was secured. I was very lucky it arrived with no dings at all!!!

HLJ provided such an impecable packing job.

I always open my toys in the car while parked, can't wait until I get home from work.

:lol:

So opened up and transformed the Milia. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Macross toys but here are a few issues I have with mine:

1) It's so tight that I snapped the butt flap off when trying to fold up the tailfin section.

2) Nosecone/head section was too tight. I ended up popping the entire head and nosecone off the torso.

3) The chest folding section was tight as hell. Felt like I was going to snap the entire toy in half.

4) Wrists are very floppy, can't hold the gun in certain poses :(

Every transformable joint felt like it was going to break. This is one worrisome unit but still enjoyable.

2 hours ago, maximusprime888 said:

So opened up and transformed the Milia. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Macross toys but here are a few issues I have with mine:

1) It's so tight that I snapped the butt flap off when trying to fold up the tailfin section.

So, fun fact, this goes back clear to the Yamato release.  I remember the exact same thing about mine, the tail section was insanely tight to fold up.