Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

On 10/22/2017 at 9:02 AM, SuperHobo said:

I got my Milia in earlier this week and I decided it was time for her to join her family for a reunion. 

IMG_20171021_133209558_HDR.thumb.jpg.d362ef6ea0545ff6bf8ac926e495a466.jpg

IMG_20171021_134807866_HDR.thumb.jpg.ef224833b9dc6eef3cf6c34f9e0befd7.jpg

Funny pics! You make the most creative poses!

Though neither Max nor Hayate are henpecked hehe

I like that they're drinking from Archer's goblets.

Edited by ArchieNov

32 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Funny pics! You make the most creative poses!

Though neither Max nor Hayate are henpecked hehe

I like that they're drinking from Archer's goblets.

Oh damn you have a sharp eye. Those are indeed Archer's goblets and man they work really well for silly toy pictures. :lol:

Got my Milia this past weekend. It was nice to have the tampo triangles back on the sides of the cockpit as well as the numbers on the tail and leg fins. I was surprised with how dark the red is. Not sure if that is consistent with the V2 though.

Can't say I'm a fan of the screw covers. In the legs they appear to be painted plastic plugs. It's a close color match but not perfect. The arms though seem to just be a sticker placed over the screw. The color doesn't match as well for those. If they were going to use a sticker I would have preferred that they give them to us on a sheet for us to decide to apply them or not. 

In the end I'm pretty jazzed to have this in my collection. Next up Max!

15 hours ago, arbit said:

Funny. 

Someone needed to get a better quality full-figured shot of Mirya. :p

I always wonder... Are Cosplayers cool with people just coming up and filming them or taking pictures? Especially when they don't ask beforehand?

Edited by Sandman

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 12:29 PM, Boobytrap said:

Got my Milia this past weekend. It was nice to have the tampo triangles back on the sides of the cockpit as well as the numbers on the tail and leg fins. I was surprised with how dark the red is. Not sure if that is consistent with the V2 though.

Can't say I'm a fan of the screw covers. In the legs they appear to be painted plastic plugs. It's a close color match but not perfect. The arms though seem to just be a sticker placed over the screw. The color doesn't match as well for those. If they were going to use a sticker I would have preferred that they give them to us on a sheet for us to decide to apply them or not. 

I remember the Yamato being a very deep red as well, and the photos so far seem consistent with that, but I won't be shipping mine for a couple weeks still, so I can't do a direct comparison yet.

The covers though.. that's just.. really, really stupid.  I mean.. ok, I get it, there are color schemes to deal with, and they probably just bulk ordered a bunch of plugs all molded in white.  But come on.  Stickers??  Would it really have been that hard to make them in the same red that 90% of the valk is molded in?  Or at the very least paint them all? Yeeesh..

I'm going to feel no qualms whatsoever about drilling out those plugs and throwing them in the trash.

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm sure they were trying to recreate the red to match the surrounding area they were being inserted to. The part of the legs where they are being inserted is also white plastic painted red. Unfortunately they don't match exactly, most likely because the paint on the plug is too thin so it makes it a lighter shade of red than the surrounding area.

The plugs in the upper thighs are unpainted red plastic so match perfectly with the surrounding unpainted red plastic. I didn't even realize they were there on first inspection.

The stickers though... :bad:

1 hour ago, Boobytrap said:

The plugs in the upper thighs are unpainted red plastic so match perfectly with the surrounding unpainted red plastic. I didn't even realize they were there on first inspection.

The stickers though... :bad:

See.. that just means that they had no excuse whatsoever.  ALL of the plugs should have been red.  The fact that they went to the trouble to mold some in red, while others got molded in white?  That's just pants-on-head stupid.

Suppose it's possible that they didn't have room in the molds to make all the necessary changes to get them all in red, but come on.  I've seen the sprues that a lot of the VF-1's parts come molded on in the kit.  Just put the plugs on the same sprues as the pieces they're plugging and you'll never have a mismatch. :rolleyes: 

11 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

See.. that just means that they had no excuse whatsoever.  ALL of the plugs should have been red.  The fact that they went to the trouble to mold some in red, while others got molded in white?  That's just pants-on-head stupid.

Suppose it's possible that they didn't have room in the molds to make all the necessary changes to get them all in red, but come on.  I've seen the sprues that a lot of the VF-1's parts come molded on in the kit.  Just put the plugs on the same sprues as the pieces they're plugging and you'll never have a mismatch. :rolleyes: 

It's possible this is exactly what they did.  The lower legs are molded in white and painted red, just like the plugs, while the upper plugs are red plastic, just like thigh parts they fit in.  I think you've identified why it came out the way it did.

That covers the ones in the legs, sure.  If a part is molded in white, and painted red, I'd rather have it treated the same way to match, rather than have red plastic plugs that clash with the painted white plastic.

That doesn't explain anything about why the thighs got red plastic plugs, while the arms got white plastic ones covered in stickers.  That's just inexcusably lazy to me.

Also, sorry to go off on this a bit, I'm just baffled why they thought it was an acceptable "solution," when I never considered it a problem in the first place. It's not that big a deal in the long run, I just can't force my brain to board that train of thought. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal

Opened up the packet with the instructions and stickers. Looks like the serial number is on a piece of paper in there. Or at least I'm assuming that's what it is since I cant read anything else on it.

They also included a strip of extra screw cover stickers cuz you know they're awesome and stuff :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Got mine today---and I think I'd rather have a VF-31A instead, for the money. So looking to sell mine, never taken out of the plastic. 

Looks like you're not the only one, someone just put one up on the for sale forum.

Tight period for finances with the SDF-1, VF-2SS, VF-31J Kai, VF-31a and all I suppose.

1 minute ago, Bahamutzyro said:

That’s was me who sold one! Lol but I didn’t sell because of quality or anything, I picked up 2 an I have a tampo version on order. Just a tight month for purchases!

You are not kidding, they also just put up the pre-orders for a Metal Build Arbalest too. Damn Bandai and their figures almost never getting remakes.

23 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

I am still waiting for my Millia (from NY) to show up on the shipping radar. Tracking showed it was processed through Osaka on the 18th. Does it typically take eight days to cross the ocean?

Depends on the shipping method. SAL from NY typically takes 6-7 weeks to reach me in Northeast US.