Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

arcadia miria 1J.jpg

I like the box cover but it's kind of funny that they put extra 'glow effect' on Millia's just to emphasize that it's Millia's product. While Max gets the full blur effect as part of the background. I'm sure that it's still going to work even though without that glowing effect. ^_^

Don't mind me. It's just my nitpicking. ;) 

Preorder cancelled!:D

Just some quick pics, very happy with this VF. I'll let Saburo post the HD photos! :D

(Note the care that Arcadia took with wrapping up the front landing gear, also the screw caps are not that bad, they blend in pretty good.) 

IMG_7079.JPG

IMG_7084.JPG

IMG_7088.JPG

IMG_7078.JPG

IMG_7090.JPG

IMG_7095.JPG

IMG_7096.JPG

IMG_7100.JPG

IMG_7112.JPG

IMG_7120.JPG

IMG_7135.JPG

IMG_7139.JPG

20 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Were there any screw caps on the inner part of the air intake?Looks nice. ;)

Nope, Arcadia did not put a screw-cap on there, just the legs & Arms. However they blend in nicely, I almost didn't notice them. :lol:

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Just some quick pics, very happy with this VF. I'll let Saburo post the HD photos! :D

(Note the care that Arcadia took with wrapping up the front landing gear, also the screw caps are not that bad, they blend in pretty good.)

Nice shots @505thAirborne, thanks for posting pics.  They give me good lo at the details of the VF-1J Milia since I am still waiting for mine. 

I was thinking about it and except for the kite missing on the side of the super packs it makes a lot of sense to release both a regular and premium version of these Valks.  In reality none of those extra markings exist on the versions in the animation.  Some people would want the clean look.  Others want the Tenjin-like marked up ones.  Some will want something inbtween.  It's about the best scenario to cover the most people, barring the nutty prices we're seeing now.

Edited by Mommar

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

How are the improvements? The only improvements I remember was the screw caps and the leg fast pack locking in better. I think there was more though.

The gun pod grip on mine is way tighter than on my VF-1S Roy, although I can only compare a sample size of one pre-fix to one post-fix.

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

Nice shots @505thAirborne, thanks for posting pics.  They give me good lo at the details of the VF-1J Milia since I am still waiting for mine. 

Thanks Saburo! I look forward to seeing your pics and since you have some Yeti-stands definitely use those for your fighter pics! 

One of these days I need to get some Yeti-stands. B))

Great pics 505thAirborne!!!!

Looking at the biceps of my yamatos and arcadias I wonder how they managed to apply the screw cover. The screw head lays flat and is not recessed enough. Hope they haven't weakend the arm by widening the hole.

50 minutes ago, locidm said:

Does anyone have good tips on how to trim the circular UN Spacy Kite Symbol that goes on the superpacks? 

You shouldn't have to trim those.  There was never a clear border around the fast pack symbols like there are on some of the other decals.

19 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

I would still like low-vis grey kites to match the many other grey markings----did any sheet other than the VE-1 come with then?

A quick google image search turned up a shot of a supplementary sheet that came with extra low-vis kites for the low-vis Roy VF-1S, but I also want to say that I think the VF-11B markings also had some?  Those may not be the proper size though.

Edit: Actually, if you look outside the VF-1s, a ton of releases seem to include them.  The VF-19s, VF-4, VF-22s, and VF-0s (Yamato and Arcadia) all look like they have two sizes of gray kites on their sticker sheets.  Looks like there may even be a couple in the GBP-1 set, and I'm fairly sure the VF-17s have a decent selection as well, but can't find a picture at the moment.

Edited by Chronocidal

Well, I really want "the perfect size for the FAST pack boosters" (and preferably the nose as well) so it'd pretty much have to be from a V.2 VF-1.  

:;edit:  The VF-4 sheet also has the exact style I want (light grey, with white kite) but I have no idea how the size compares.  

1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

Well, I really want "the perfect size for the FAST pack boosters" (and preferably the nose as well) so it'd pretty much have to be from a V.2 VF-1.  

:;edit:  The VF-4 sheet also has the exact style I want (light grey, with white kite) but I have no idea how the size compares.  

Try these decals

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Detail-Up-1-60-Scale-VT-1-VE-1-Markings-Macross-Model-Kit-Water-Slide-Decal/142516453732?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D0ceb4dac104b45a3a05d9e6fe6e15640%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D10%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D152051361946&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A9971d0f3-b530-11e7-830e-74dbd1805a82%7Cparentrq%3A374218aa15f0aa12a9416bb3fffd2b0f%7Ciid%3A1

I saw those--while I generally prefer decals, for this I really think I'd prefer a sticker---also, the color seems awfully "green"---don't know what they really look like.  The VE-1 sticker sheet seems to match the grey that the Milia already has, perfectly. (since it's likely Yamacadia only has 1 "VF-1 low-vis light grey" color they use for markings)    

Well the VF-17's definitely have low-vis kite decals that scale with the smaller kites on the sides of the cockpit of the VF-1.  Technically the VE-1 and VF-1S Low Vis both have the correct kite decals but good luck tracking those things down these days...