Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

On 2017-09-15 at 12:48 PM, Chronocidal said:

Hm, I only have a regular edition Milia on order, but if it pops up again, I might grab one.  I put an HLJ order in for both versions of Max, since the premium one won't be out for a year, and I can just cancel if I can't grab a premium Milia when they arrive.

If you want on I'll sell you my copy at cost once it's in since I'm going with a PF ver. 

I've never known Yamato, Arcadia, nor Bandai, to ever show final-production-level valks.   It's always hand-painted samples etc.  Sometimes the differences are minor, sometimes notable.   But you never know exactly how they'll look until its actually released. 

Not worth trying to figure out what the differences are based on pics,  as I doubt either version will exactly match any pics we've seen. 

6 hours ago, Dobber said:

So are they just using the same pictures for both standard and PF versions? Both descriptions say they come with stickers too.

Chris

Like @David Hingtgen said, Arcadia uses pre-painted samples for their photos. In the beginning, I think they also used Yamato Valkyries too.

With regard to decals, this is what Arcadia notes on the Max and Milia Premium Finish sites: 

* Markings are reproduced using Tampo printing, decals are not included.

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=258

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=256

1 minute ago, Scyla said:

Is there an exact release date for the standard Milia release?

No specifics. All we know is that it's being pushed back to estimate of 9/30. And only Nippon-Yasan has that estimate date whereas the other ones just states September 2017. Arcadia site on the other hand still states the month of August.

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Meh <_< I need to ship my PW soon and I'd hope to include Milia in it. Thank you nevertheless. 

You're welcome. How many more days remaining before you ship the ones in your PW? Would it pass Sept 30 if ever?

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome. How many more days remaining before you ship the ones in your PW? Would it pass Sept 30 if ever?

It's on the 25th. I really wish HLJ would extend the shipping till the end of an calendar month.

I often issue a shipping request and the next day an item becomes available and then the next item will take some time to arrive. 

Somehow many of the toys I order are released at the last third of a month. Maybe the next time I should ship in the middle of a month and not drag it out till the end.

Anyhow, I went ahead and ordered a regular Max version.

11 hours ago, Scyla said:

It's on the 25th. I really wish HLJ would extend the shipping till the end of an calendar month.

I often issue a shipping request and the next day an item becomes available and then the next item will take some time to arrive. 

Somehow many of the toys I order are released at the last third of a month. Maybe the next time I should ship in the middle of a month and not drag it out till the end.

You can also ship one of your small items thats closest to the 60 mark and save the bigger and heaver stuff to go with the incoming vf-1j.

11 hours ago, Scyla said:

I am in the same boat. My PW will last until the end of the month but I am getting antsy to shipped what I have already paid for. 

28 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

Looks like the Milia delay is because they've been making improvements to the manufacturing process for her release.

https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-12312374556.html

yeah i was just looking at it and was about to post but you beat me to it. 

looks like they are tightening the tolerances of the backpack hook, intake covers, gun housing. the wobble on the super pack that attach to the legs .

With so much time before the Premium Max and Milia come out, I kept my old preorder for the standard edition Milia, and on top of those premium finish versions, also preordered a regular Max for my own Christmas present. Well, I can have my wife get that for me for Christmas, so I just need to figure out what she wants. This Macross toy collecting is serious business.