Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

On 2017-04-22 at 9:06 AM, David Hingtgen said:

Thanks for sending me to check my paypal "conversion option"---I know I've changed it before---but it was back at "use paypal's awful rate".   :angry:

So, changed it back to "use CC's rate" yet again, hope it sticks around until it's time to actually pay.   Pre-ordered Milia with N-Y.  

This is true. I just checked my paypal account and they reset it for some reason. I urge everyone to check theirs as well.

Edited by monishb

It looks like this automatic change in conversion fee happened sometime mid April for me. In early April a HLJ order was charged using my CCs's conversion rate correctly, and then April 19 when I bought some tomicas, the conversion was going through Paypal.

I'm paranoid and want to check it again now....

EDIT: It's still set correctly for me after updating on the weekend.

Edited by eggy99

Yeah , they fix it with a hole so that it will happen again later this year .  Im sure this bug will appear near the end of November like last year.  You can catch it when you try to pay an invoice but for the billing agreements you wont know until it already happened.  I stop using most billing agreements because of this issue last thanksgiving season.  It was worse last time because everytime you change it, it will only last for 1 transaction or not even.

Good thing I was paying some stuff for the last two orders with PP Balance. Now I have to check every month if those settings are changing automatically.

On the other news... Millia preordered at HLJ. ^_^ 

20 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

So, how is it that this toy is still open for preorders? It's cheaper than the deltas. Is there really so much more demand for the delta line?

I'm really not sure how it really works with certain companies during preorders. Whether limited slots or limited production. Not sure if it's the demand or not, but it's been always like this since day one. But one thing for sure it's easy to secure an Arcadia release than Bandai release during preorder.

Edited by no3Ljm

39 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

So, how is it that this toy is still open for preorders? It's cheaper than the deltas. Is there really so much more demand for the delta line?

Arcadia in most cases are unlike bandai and are "built to order" Mr, K would say after all orders are closed they would send the order to the factories to be printed. so in most Arcadia cases, it's unlimited pre-order until a certain deadline. (that's not true with all their orders, some of them were just limited print like the vf-19 kai /sound booster combo)

Man, this Arcadia Millia release announcement has me stuck in a terrible logic loop.  It goes something like this:

1. Just get the HMR Milia, you already have the HMR Max, and you've been saving a spot right next to him on the shelf.

2. *Goes online to look at HMR Millias.* These prices are kind of high... maybe I'll pay like $60 more and get a 1/60 Millia.  There is nothing quite like getting a new 1/60.

3.  But... I'm running out of room.  I don't want to get a 1/60 Max as well, I don't have the space.  I already have a 1/60 vf-1j, just save the space for something more rare like a VE-1, VT-1 or VF-1D in 1/60.  That would look way better, and Arcadia is bound to make it... right?

4. Ok, I'll just get an HMR Millia

5. "Goes and looks online* Man, these prices are kind of high...

Rinse and repeat. :help:

Edited by HardlyNever

19 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Man, this Arcadia Millia release announcement has me stuck in a terrible logic loop.  It goes something like this:

1. Just get the HMR Milia, you already have the HMR Max, and you've been saving a spot right next to him on the shelf.

2. *Goes online to look at HMR Millias.* These prices are kind of high... maybe I'll pay like $60 more and get a 1/60 Millia.  There is nothing quite like getting a new 1/60.

3.  But... I'm running out of room.  I don't want to get a 1/60 Max as well, I don't have the space.  I already have a 1/60 vf-1j, just save the space for something more rare like a VE-1, VT-1 or VF-1D in 1/60.  That would look way better, and Arcadia is bound to make it... right?

You forgot to add No.6 before you rinse and repeat.

6. Saving extra cash. If you live in the US, you could probably do a 2-week Costco Hotdog Diet. If you live in Asia, you could probably do a 2-week Nissin Cup Noodle Diet.

;)

4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Arcadia in most cases are unlike bandai and are "built to order" Mr, K would say after all orders are closed they would send the order to the factories to be printed. so in most Arcadia cases, it's unlimited pre-order until a certain deadline. (that's not true with all their orders, some of them were just limited print like the vf-19 kai /sound booster combo)

Do we know when the deadline is for this release?

3 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

i don't see any on the arcadia site:

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=248

not sure, but i know when the arcadia yf-19 came out there was a cut off date, a few shops closed at the same time arcadia's date closed while hlj stayed open longer than arcadia's site. if anyone is waiting and can't afford to pay, i'd just pre-order from hlj since they allow cancellations with a click of a button. 

4 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

There's no specific date when the PO will end. Sometimes PO still opens during the month of release. E.g. Hikaru's VF-1S regular release. Still open at HLJ. But the Premium Finish version PO ended atleast earlier last month for this month release. It really varies unless they announce it. E.g. Lancer release. They have specific deadline date posted for the PO. Millia's Valk will get released on August. So if you want to order it, better put the PO order now. Give or take, PO will last until next month. Probably. But if you're not sure about this release. Better place your preorder to stores where they accept cancellations.

4 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Get both

20 hours ago, Loop said:

If anything I would place my preorder with a site like HLJ that has no hassle cancellations if you're on the fence.

I'm hesitant because I already have one. I'd be getting one without a slight leg blemish, with a box, but otherwise the same.

Unless someone is a huge fan of the rainbow canopy and would rather have my Yamato than this new release?

1 hour ago, MikeRoz said:

I'm hesitant because I already have one. I'd be getting one without a slight leg blemish, with a box, but otherwise the same.

Unless someone is a huge fan of the rainbow canopy and would rather have my Yamato than this new release?

You can always try to sell your Yamato ver first .  

There are likely going to be small changes at least, and Arcadia's become infamous for its screwy colors, so the new version may turn out quite pinkish, and who knows what shade of red will actually be used. :p

I would honestly hold onto the Yamato for now, and once you have both in hand, sell the one you like least. 

One thing I might do myself is swap the transparent canopy off of my Yamato Millia, and replace it with another, because that one was one of those oddball canopies that got super-duper rainbow coated to the point where you can't even see through it.

Edited by Chronocidal

8 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

There are likely going to be small changes at least, and Arcadia's become infamous for its screwy colors, so the new version may turn out quite pinkish, and who knows what shade of red will actually be used. :p

I would honestly hold onto the Yamato for now, and once you have both in hand, sell the one you like least. 

One thing I might do myself is swap the transparent canopy off of my Yamato Millia, and replace it with another, because that one was one of those oddball canopies that got super-duper rainbow coated to the point where you can't even see through it.

it's not possible to swap canopy's sadly

18 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Exactly my plan - if I buy one. But while the Yamato might have a built-in market from rainbow canopy fans, if the Arcadia is bad, who will want to buy it?

7 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

Exactly my plan - if I buy one. But while the Yamato might have a built-in market from rainbow canopy fans, if the Arcadia is bad, who will want to buy it?

I understand your concern. But to be honest, if you're a collector, this kind of dilemma never goes away. It's either you sell it or get stuck with it. And you have to be ready to accept the fact that after Arcadia releases Millia's, you won't be able to sell your Yamato one as high as last year's after market price. Think VF-4G as the best example for this kind of dilemma. I know, because I bought 2 prior of its reissues. And all I can do is just shake my head. Don't let it drag you down. It is what it is.

Besides, there will always be someone who's going to want one.

Edited by no3Ljm

7 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

it's not possible to swap canopy's sadly

Well.. it's not easy at least, but you can figure out how they're put in from the kit versions, so I don't want to say it's impossible.  Whether the parts would survive being pried apart is the biggest issue.

41 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Well.. it's not easy at least, but you can figure out how they're put in from the kit versions, so I don't want to say it's impossible.  Whether the parts would survive being pried apart is the biggest issue.

several guys on here tried and confirmed it's not possible without snapping it off. it's glued shut tight. there were several who had flaking tints and tried unsuccessfully. but if you're the 1st successfully to do one since 2009, definately post the results.

I'm the kind of collector that sells off items in order to fund new pieces like this 1J. I find that it's the best of both worlds. Someone gets a Valkyrie (or another toy) that they were looking for at a reasonable price and I am able to pay Arcadia's (or some other company's) price with my PayPal balance instead of paying out of pocket. It's the circle of life.

7 minutes ago, max928 said:

late to the party buddies, is there only one version of the milia to preorder (i.e., standard version comes with tampo?), or will there be a premium version down the line?

Not sure why you moved your question, when it was answered...but I'll post the answer here too:

Yeah, only one version right now for Milia. The standard version does have markings, but not as many as the premium finish version. No official word yet on whether Arcadia will release a premium finish version.

38 minutes ago, technoblue said:

I'm the kind of collector that sells off items in order to fund new pieces like this 1J. I find that it's the best of both worlds. Someone gets a Valkyrie (or another toy) that they were looking for at a reasonable price and I am able to pay Arcadia's (or some other company's) price with my PayPal balance instead of paying out of pocket. It's the circle of life.

10 minutes ago, max928 said:

thanks technoblue much appreciated!

what's up techo! and what's up max928! i think i brought something from you long time ago =)

yeah i hope they don't announce a premium version after taking all our money!

Edited by davidwhangchoi